Author Topic: Sometimes I have to wonder  (Read 5507 times)

clamp

• Grand Gearhead
on: April 19, 2010, 05:41:08 am
I think I can safely say that standing listening to my mate being bollocked by his wife was the most embarrassing moment of my life , I can only Imagine what it is like for him.

Having undesirable credentials unexpectedly awarded to you when none were considered appropriate or required are the direct result of your relationship being held under the umbrella of an old outdated ceremony called wedlock.

Thats why it don't work ,--its the direct  cause  of more problems that it supposedly cures or avoids.

I am a believer that true monogamy needs no such rules of man only that of mans (or womans) instinct itself.

So many men live lifes of (what I would call hell) and being held in unfair check by sideways looks from Evil mother in laws hand ringing lawers.

With old age ever looming and ever more money required by the Family, the man will work till the last breath of his body is  converted into cash for high heels and Guchie bags.

I hate kids ,---I look at then in disgust as they run around ---what ever, just playing the parents patience learning  "cause and effect".

Not with my life kiddo.   And the smell of babies is enough to make me puke along with female admiration of small bootie things and silly  blue hats  with ears on that I assume are meant to give the  boy his first lesson in humiliation.

A boat was thought to have been invented my man wanting to passover a stretch of water to a remote place and  hunt.   I strongly suspect their may have been another reason.

Boats , motorcycles, camping, all the result of nagging women.

Ive never been a conformist!!

Larry King ---8th divorce--the man must be a moron ,----simple.
I would never be a member of a cub that would have me as a member

Blue Ridge Wheeltor

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 11:36:41 am
Matrimony, the opium of the people.
REA #25
2008 Royal Enfield Deluxe (Blue)
2006 Ural Patrol
1978 BMW R 100s--SOLD--
1977 HD XLCR
1971 Triumph Bonneville

HRAB

• I should really edit this
  • Grease Monkey
  • Been there, doin' more...God willing
Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 12:59:54 pm
I would offer a different perspective. There are as many unhappy/abused/battered woman as there are unhappy men in marriage bondage. One must wonder then; is it the institution? Or is it the frailty of the species?

happily married for 37 years.

jim
BMWMOA www.bmwmoa.com
Iron Butt Association www.ironbutt.com/about/default.cfm
(Formerly) CRA# 118N www.cra-mn.com (I got smarter in old age)
74 Honda XL350 'Scoot'
81 Honda CB650C
86 Gold Wing with California Sidecar
00 Honda ST1100 'Large Marge'

clamp

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 02:25:32 pm
marriage bondage ,--now thats a good word.

Especially the bondage bit, thats the word alright. Any one anything will revolt put in bondage.

Marriage,-- a ceremony in a church intended to instill the fear or rath of God if promiscuity should begin to separate the two.

Do you find that you need this then?.

Happily un- married 21 years. I feel I dont need to mutter mumbo jumbo in front of an alter.

When love has gone my marraige is over,   She calls  a taxi and I get in it.   You call a lawer  and yours turns into hell.

Yet I intend to be with her till my death.   

I am doing what I want , you are doing what you have to.
I would never be a member of a cub that would have me as a member

PaulF

• Grease Monkey
Reply #4 on: April 19, 2010, 02:48:55 pm
Matrimony, the opium of the people.

I thought that was alcohol?

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
  • Royal Enfield , Let the good times roll.
Reply #5 on: April 19, 2010, 04:04:18 pm

I was wonderring , whats on your reading list this year?
2008 ( AVL) Classic Bullet in British Racing Green
REA member # 84  (inactive)

Cabo Cruz

• Papa Juan
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: April 19, 2010, 09:00:58 pm
Well, Br. Clampo, I will agree to disagree because I will, God willing, celebrate 42 years of marriage this September!  Nonetheless, here's some humor for you and those who follow your tune: "Marriage is a wonderful institution; ask anyone who's been in an institution; he'll tell you!"

As always, please give my best regards to the lovely Miss Vera!
Long live the Bullets and those who ride them!

Keep the shiny side up, the boots on the pegs and best REgards,

Papa Juan

REA:    Member No. 119
BIKE:   2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5
NAME: Perla

HRAB

• I should really edit this
  • Grease Monkey
  • Been there, doin' more...God willing
Reply #7 on: April 20, 2010, 01:17:07 pm
marriage bondage ,--now thats a good word.

Especially the bondage bit, thats the word alright. Any one anything will revolt put in bondage.

Marriage,-- a ceremony in a church intended to instill the fear or rath of God if promiscuity should begin to separate the two.

Do you find that you need this then?.

Happily un- married 21 years. I feel I dont need to mutter mumbo jumbo in front of an alter.

When love has gone my marraige is over,   She calls  a taxi and I get in it.   You call a lawer  and yours turns into hell.

Yet I intend to be with her till my death.   

I am doing what I want , you are doing what you have to.

No sir, Mr. Clamp. I also am doing what I want to do.

Jim
BMWMOA www.bmwmoa.com
Iron Butt Association www.ironbutt.com/about/default.cfm
(Formerly) CRA# 118N www.cra-mn.com (I got smarter in old age)
74 Honda XL350 'Scoot'
81 Honda CB650C
86 Gold Wing with California Sidecar
00 Honda ST1100 'Large Marge'

Rick Sperko

• Grand Gearhead
  • Milwaukee, WI
Reply #8 on: April 20, 2010, 05:58:22 pm

I got married the last time in Las Vegas, so whose wrath should I fear?

When my first wife (married in Reno) and I fell out of "love" we got divorced, that is the right thing to do right? My second wife and I were separated 13 years ago after just 2 years of marriage. Today we couldn't be happier.

I now believe I can feel love by acting lovingly. Amazingly changing my attitude and actions changed how she behaved. I think too many marriages end because of selfishness and people being completely self involved. "I don't feel what the TV tells me I should feel, so I am moving on." That does not apply when abuse is involved, but too often it is just boredom. I have known a number of people who were very happy in arranged marriages.

For me marriage is work and well worth it. I don't expect my bike to keep running without attention and work, nor will my marriage.

My $0.02, you can calculate the Euros if you want,
-Rick
Rick in Milwaukee, WI

'06 RE Bullet Classic Iron
'63 VW Beetle Ragtop (also classic)
'66 Chris Craft Cavalier Cutlass 26'
'02 BMW R1150R

Bug_Catcher

• Bulleteer
  • Finally... something exciting between my legs.
Reply #9 on: April 20, 2010, 09:17:49 pm
don't be such a negative nancy!  ;D

Marriage takes work, and now as women become more and more equal, the reasons of marriage have become even more complicated.  I still think the fact that women can get pregnant and men can't means that the balance of need/want/desire never has and never will be equal.  I always felt marriage is a safety net for women AND men that desire children.  With no marriage, the laws can't do much if your significant other suddenly decides they don't 'feel like doing this anymore' and takes off, leaving you to take care of children and left over shared bills.

Sure not everyone wants children.  But if everyone thought that way then we wouldn't exist much longer.  If you don't want marriage or family I'm sure there are plenty of women that feel the same and will amuse you.  Nothin wrong with that!  But why shit on everyone who's quite happy with their children and spouse?  hmmm

and remember... married men live longer than single men, married women however, live shorter lives than there single sisters.

I personally can't wait to have a family.  But I haven't met anyone as equally crazy yet.  ;)

luoma

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #10 on: April 20, 2010, 09:25:41 pm
uote from Bug Catcher: "I personally can't wait to have a family.  But I haven't met anyone as equally crazy yet."

Keep riding Enfields, and you will

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
  • Royal Enfield , Let the good times roll.
Reply #11 on: April 20, 2010, 09:31:14 pm
Equal ....most think that means being the "same." Not so.

There is very little the" same" between men and women.

The roles of  men and a women in marrage are not the same, but EQUAULY important.

Folks run into problems fast when they try to be the same , or assume the other thinks the same way.

2008 ( AVL) Classic Bullet in British Racing Green
REA member # 84  (inactive)

Bullet.wagon

• Grease Monkey
Reply #12 on: April 20, 2010, 09:41:50 pm
 Not sure about the "work part " I've been married 25 yrs. and not sure about having to work at it , at least it doesn'nt seem that way. It all comes natural with the right person. Am I just lucky?
2005 RE Military
2000 RE 350

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #13 on: April 20, 2010, 10:38:40 pm
It took three wives for me to find what I was looking for, I couldn't be happier. And I got a hell of a good son along the way to finding  a good life.
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

ERC

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #14 on: April 20, 2010, 11:36:31 pm
Bug Catcher, do married men really live longer than single men. I've been married three times. Do you think I've got an even longer life expectancy.   ERC 
2-57 Apaches, 2-57 Trailblazers, 60 Chief, 65 Interceptor, 2004 Bullet, 612 Bullet chopped.