Author Topic: Time to remove REA  (Read 4884 times)

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
  • Royal Enfield , Let the good times roll.
on: April 19, 2010, 05:30:37 am
I don't think you can be a member anymore.

It might be time to let the  Royal Enfield Association go.

I still have my patch...sad.
2008 ( AVL) Classic Bullet in British Racing Green
REA member # 84  (inactive)

Ragmas

• Grease Monkey
Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 01:44:29 am
I just joined the association, what happened?  I need to call CMW since they didn't send me a patch.

Did I miss something?

2009 G-5 Military
Little Falls, NY

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 02:01:51 am
Yep, let it go.
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 09:56:23 am
I disagree.
   RE/CMW was slow start in the beginning.
I predict a jump in forum membership when California get their share of Bullets.
REA does need a few volunteers with a little bit of spare time and a few with writing talent.

I say Keep it.
No matter where you go, there, you are.

UncleErnie

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 02:42:02 pm
"What do you think REA should do or become?"
Exactly.  What might it do that this whole Forum doesn't? 

"How high can an acorn tree grow?"
Much higher than a money tree, but not as tall as a marshmallow bush.
One wonders if this is Freudian, or more leaning twards the Jungian.  Obviously, I'm not educated enough to really pin it down... but you DO know there's no such thing as an acorn tree- right?
Run what ya brung

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: April 20, 2010, 05:24:31 pm
"What do you think REA should do or become?"
Exactly.  What might it do that this whole Forum doesn't? 

By my estimation the REA is the real life side of the coin, this forum is the other.

A good example of a local function would be when Bill,Don and me get together at Vinces and exchange information or go ride.

A great example of a bigger function would be the annual get together in Seattle that draws people from all over western Washington and this year Oregon too.

The yearly gathering at Fairbault MN could be considered a national get together.

True actual registered REA members are the minorities on this forum and in these functions but its the spirit of associating with other RE riders that draws us together exchanging information, making friends and enjoying the REal world in general.

UncleErnie

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: April 20, 2010, 06:46:35 pm
I would sure love to be in Portland or Seattle (yes- I've been to these places).  AS Bernie will delight in telling you, Asheville has no real side.  So, all I have is Bernie, and he mostly rides that stinky Ural. 
Run what ya brung

Blue Ridge Wheeltor

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: April 21, 2010, 03:07:24 am
I would sure love to be in Portland or Seattle (yes- I've been to these places).  AS Bernie will delight in telling you, Asheville has no real side.  So, all I have is Bernie, and he mostly rides that stinky Ural. 
I'd love you to be in Portland or Seattle too.
REA #25
2008 Royal Enfield Deluxe (Blue)
2006 Ural Patrol
1978 BMW R 100s--SOLD--
1977 HD XLCR
1971 Triumph Bonneville

t120rbullet

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #8 on: April 21, 2010, 12:00:45 pm
By my estimation the REA is the real life side of the coin, this forum is the other.

A good example of a local function would be when Bill,Don and me get together at Vinces and exchange information or go ride.

A great example of a bigger function would be the annual get together in Seattle that draws people from all over western Washington and this year Oregon too.

The yearly gathering at Fairbault MN could be considered a national get together.

True actual registered REA members are the minorities on this forum and in these functions but its the spirit of associating with other RE riders that draws us together exchanging information, making friends and enjoying the REal world in general.

I think we finally found a president!
I like the real life side of the coin part the best. After all this forum is great but out riding is what it's all about in the first place.
I would like to step up to the plate but my plate is kinda full. However if this whole thing can hold out for another 3 years, 11 months, 10 days and 8 hours I'd be glad to handle the great lakes section.
In the mean time I'll see you all at the REunion in Minnesota in June and at the Rally on the River in Sept. and we'll get some real time Royal Enfielding in.
CJ 

1972 FLH "Sambo"
1999 Enfield 500 Black Deluxe "Silver"
2023 Guzzi V7 Special "BOB"

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #9 on: April 22, 2010, 07:05:07 pm
I like the real life side of the coin part the best. After all this forum is great but out riding is what it's all about in the first place.
I would like to step up to the plate but my plate is kinda full. However if this whole thing can hold out for another 3 years, 11 months, 10 days and 8 hours I'd be glad to handle the great lakes section.
In the mean time I'll see you all at the REunion in Minnesota in June and at the Rally on the River in Sept. and we'll get some real time Royal Enfielding in.
CJ 

We can get you one of these
http://countdown.onlineclock.net/

;D ;D

t120rbullet

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #10 on: April 22, 2010, 10:21:42 pm
Got one of those on my computer at work. 
Keeps my perspective correct.
CJ

1972 FLH "Sambo"
1999 Enfield 500 Black Deluxe "Silver"
2023 Guzzi V7 Special "BOB"

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #11 on: April 24, 2010, 06:00:32 am
CJ 

I'll do it but only (a) if no one has any objection (b)until we find someone better and (c) if we can find some one to help with publishing.

We should probably move this discussion to the other thread "need some leaders"
http://www.enfieldmotorcycles.com/forum/index.php/topic,5863.0.html