Author Topic: CJ750 sidecar-WWII based BMW R71 and R75 replica sidecar  (Read 14611 times)

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #15 on: April 14, 2010, 10:45:20 pm
Sintered iron brake shoes ...... that'll haul one RIGHT down. The solo that I did that to would go a frightening 120km/hr or a little better ..... it was guh-huh-huh-huh-hutless in the hills of WV though .....
Yeah mine was gutless here in the Ozarks, I finally put the stock fourth gear back in the box,  I also put on a Ural deep sump and a higher volume oil pump with some "modern" three ring pistons, it would cruise at 55-60 just fine after that. Man that Lanxaing was a smooth running little motor, God I love flatheads.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 11:56:26 pm by r80rt »
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #16 on: April 15, 2010, 12:49:33 am
The flattie is the WAY to go on that bike ..... they are "electric motor" smooth when they are right .... and they are built from PIG IRON, so with a little care and attention, they'll run for-freekin' EVER ..... the old Duh-Nyepper flattie has gone 40K klicks with nary a hitch ... and they are nearly identical.
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #17 on: April 15, 2010, 12:53:41 am
Yep, I rode that solo everywhere for over two years, NEVER had a problem out of it. One neat trick was some thick Kevlar gaskets between the carb and head, no more boiling carbs!
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

changjiangsidecar

• classic chinese sidecar
  • Neophyte
  • custom-made cj750 sidecar
Reply #18 on: May 27, 2010, 06:11:39 am
A new finished CJ750 sidecar for a german friend.
very beautiful bike, because the owner chose the nice color and decided which parts should be shinning to match the bike.

more details of the above cj750 sidecar

changjiangsidecar shop offer high quality bike, wide and long warrenty services to our high level customers, right now we are searaching agents around the world,

Jinx

• Here we go again!
  • Grease Monkey
Reply #19 on: May 27, 2010, 04:17:32 pm
 It's funny that this poped up. I had the $$ for a "continuation" CJ750  early last year and got the Enfield instead. Biggest draw for the CJ was it's a flathead with a sidecar. Room for junk in the trunk and flatheads run forever! That's why I gotta finish rebuilding my wifes Harley WLA. Biggest reason I went RE was it was on sale at the dealershop in FL.
 Hey Bob, want a project WLA for your CJ750?  ;)
 Loard this guy doesn't even read the posts telling him to take a walk. ::)  SPAM,spam,spam.. Monty Python running through head.............
What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.

2 ways to get to the top of a tree. Sit on an acorn or start climbing!

2008 RE Classic Deluxe
1990 HD FXST-C
1970 HD XLCH
1942 HD WLA
& probably enough parts lying around to make another bike. LOL!

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #20 on: May 27, 2010, 04:48:51 pm
Got some pix of that WLA?? I had one a coons age ago and really enjoyed the plodding heep ..... It ran good, wasn't too persnickety and was pretty darn comfortable to ride with it's stock saddle and what-not .... you know - like a CJ - but with the motor wadded up and turned wrong! Heeheehee!!  ;)

Jinx

• Here we go again!
  • Grease Monkey
Reply #21 on: May 27, 2010, 05:03:38 pm
 Turned wrong!?? That's how God intended motorcycles to be built. ;D

2008 RE Classic Deluxe
1990 HD FXST-C
1970 HD XLCH
1942 HD WLA

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #22 on: May 27, 2010, 07:21:30 pm
The "Man Upstairs" is smarter than to have the rear cylinder sucking hot air from the front one! - I guess mistakes can be made .... I consider the Square Four Ariel - a BRILLIANT design - light, well balanced, powerful - until you lean on the throttle ..... then the rear two cylinders detonate and overheat ..... If only BMW (and ComBloc derivatives) would have the shifter on the RIGHT side ..... There would be perfection for a twin. Of course the Royal Enfield does away with all those pesky "extra" parts and all .... You only need ONE cylinder to get you there in STYLE!  ::)

Jinx

• Here we go again!
  • Grease Monkey
Reply #23 on: May 27, 2010, 07:25:52 pm
 One cyl. is all you need? Guess that's why I keep fouling out that "extra" plug on the Harley. :D :D
 Bob, PM sent

2008 RE Classic Deluxe
1990 HD FXST-C
1970 HD XLCH
1942 HD WLA