Author Topic: Twin Spark write up and TV commercial  (Read 20768 times)

JLR

• Scooter
Reply #30 on: January 04, 2008, 04:36:54 am
Kevin---Sound advice. I'll use them as a sounding board more than for instruction. I've already looked and I beleive one of my local Community Colleges offers a course, sometime. I'll do some more investigating via the link Leonard so kindly provided.

Leonard---Thanks for the offer and the link. Hopefully i can take you up on it sometime. Sometime warm that is...

JLR

• Scooter
Reply #31 on: January 05, 2008, 06:45:33 am
Thanks again for the link Leonard. That is indeed the same course I had previously looked into for ICC.

Leonard

• Grand Gearhead
  • I loved this bike!!
Reply #32 on: January 05, 2008, 01:09:21 pm
  I have never regretted taking the MSF course.  I had ridden a lot back in my younger years, mostly racing and playing in the dirt but not so much on the street.  So when I started looking at motorcycles again after 30 years of not riding I thought I'd better take a course to see if I still had it.  I felt really confident afterwards and bought the Bullet straight away. 
  The MSF course isn't some rinkadink ,pay your money and you get your license either.  Out of the 12 that started, 2 flunked out.  One was an older women with no experience and the other was a 20 something young guy with no experience.  They both dumped their bikes during the course and just couldn't seem to get the hang of using both feet and both hands at the same time.
  Sorry to babble on but as you might have surmised I'm an old codger and want to get even older so I have a keen interest in staying upright.  Sign up for the course soon cause they fill up quickly.
Good Luck,
Leonard

Thanks again for the link Leonard. That is indeed the same course I had previously looked into for ICC.
2009 Triumph Bonneville T100
2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5 (RIP)
2001 Kawasaki W650 (going, going...gone)
http://www.romeoriders.com

RagMan

• Bulleteer, Uralist &
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #33 on: January 05, 2008, 05:41:56 pm
I took one in Washington for each of my rides - 2 wheel and 3 wheel, on both of them, people didn't show up for the next day, or left crying. It most definitely is not a waste - they taught me things I did not know, and I have ridden all my life.
aka Indiana Bulleteer.
''99 Classic Bullet. '05 Ural Tourist sidecar rig, converted to 2wd. '05 Harley Davidson Sportster.
Jefferson County, WA

luoma

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #34 on: January 05, 2008, 07:20:46 pm
I took two coourses. One when I was 16 becuase I had a bike as a first vehicle instead of a car (never owned four wheels till I was in the Air Force). The next one was while I was in the Air Force. I was in Arizona, and a car seemed like such a waste. I enjoyed both courses, but I think I learned the most from growing up on dirt bikes. Mastering body english and unpredictable terrain is a great teacher.

JLR

• Scooter
Reply #35 on: January 05, 2008, 09:52:06 pm
Luoma---I think a small Honda CB is in my future. Big enough I can learn on and still have fun,and small enough yet that my 9 year old can grow into handling soon. Very soon if he keeps sprouting... :)

Leonard---Two hands and two feet...all at same time? I tried sitting behind the drums when I was still playing bass, very akward :P
Dirtbike first...and some ATV experince will help with steer/brake/clutch/shift thought processing.
Never fear...I have no intention of running right out and buying something to off myself on without some education and practice. Although I am starting to feel like should run right out and buy it before they vanish ;D

DaveG297

• Bulleteer
Reply #36 on: January 10, 2008, 09:24:45 pm
Thumper, Quit stirring up apathy and stay at work.  Did you see the site admin actually hollered at us using capital letters.      Stir some more dude......Give me an iron engine anytime............dg.....................lol