Author Topic: Newbie question  (Read 5378 times)

Raj V

• Scooter
on: April 05, 2010, 09:00:57 pm
Hi,

I live in Miami. There is no RE dealer nearby. Is this something I should be concerned about regarding repairs and services?

I am buying a C5.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 09:03:24 pm by Raj V »

JesterNT

• Scooter
  • Maintenance is as much art as it is science.
Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 09:56:24 pm
You find a dealer locator on the enfieldmotorcycles.com site at the bottom of  the "bikes" tab.  Here are the dealers in Florida

http://www.enfieldmotorcycles.com/locator/dealers/usa/states/FLORIDA

With regards to repairs and service I'm 400+ miles away from the dealer I bought my C5 from.  I'm not afraid to tinker and like to service the bike myself, my dealer has been great about shipping parts directly to me. If you plan to have your dealer perform all of you maintenance or your just not mechanically inclined that way then you do want to find a dealer close to home.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 10:00:48 pm
Welcome aboard Raj V,

The UCE bikes C5 & G5 are pretty reliable from all accounts.
What little maintenance there is to do on the UCE bikes seems pretty user do-able.

Top right of this page is the locate a dealer tab. Looks like you have five dealerships in FL. Not to mention you have your forum brothers here.

If a knuckle dragging Neanderthal like myself can keep an Iron Barrel going, a more evolved individual should be able to take care of a UCE.
-Ice
No matter where you go, there, you are.

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 10:38:47 pm
Welcome aboard, My C5 has been completely trouble free. I live 150 miles from my dealer and I don't give it a second thought.
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

Raj V

• Scooter
Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 12:39:22 pm
Thanks guys,

Sounds like I should be OK.

Raj.

The Garbone

• Shade Tree
  • Grand Gearhead
  • User Complaints: 22
Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 01:09:04 pm
Heyo Raj,

Funny, they don't have the dealer on Sunrise in Ft.Lauderdale listed anymore.  They had a nice setup..   

I have been by the folks in Holopaw and they a pretty good and won't steer you wrong.. They also have some really cool Ural rigs that a nice to look at.
Gary
57' RE Crusader 250
67' Ford Mustang
74' Catalina 27 "Knot a Clew"
95 RE Ace Clubman 535
01 HD 1200 Custom
07 RE 5spd HaCK

* all actions described in this post are fictional *

csbdr

• Bulleteer
Reply #6 on: April 07, 2010, 12:06:45 pm
Holopaw Gene is a straight shooter, and his staff know their stuff.  He's one of those old school shop owners who actually trusts his customers.  For example, he doesn't take credit cards for parts orders.  He sends you the part with the bill in the box...you send him back a check. I kinda like that....

Raj V

• Scooter
Reply #7 on: April 07, 2010, 02:10:52 pm
Thanks again. I will give Holopaw a call. They are closest to me, I think.

It will be June before I can order it. I will keep you posted.

Raj

blueberry

• Bulleteer
Reply #8 on: April 08, 2010, 12:54:19 am
I got my 08 Electra from that dealer on Sunrise Blvd. In Ft. Laud. Its Eddie Trottas shop and they did a great job setting up my motorcycle. I have not had any problems. Its close to home so within a few days I will ride by and see if they still deal in Royal Enfields and let you know.
Ride Safe, Blueberry
2008 Electra
1985 Honda 250 Rebel
1970 Honda SL90

blueberry

• Bulleteer
Reply #9 on: April 08, 2010, 06:32:02 pm
I checked with Thunder Cycles in Ft. Laud.on Sunrise Blvd. and they are no longer a Royal Enfield dealer. Its a shame, because they really set my motorcycle up right. They also spent 45 min. teaching me about where, when, what and how to check fluids and such.
Ride Safe, Blueberry
2008 Electra
1985 Honda 250 Rebel
1970 Honda SL90

The Garbone

• Shade Tree
  • Grand Gearhead
  • User Complaints: 22
Reply #10 on: April 08, 2010, 10:03:43 pm
That stinks... I was down that way a few weeks back for work..  I was going to run by and look at some Enfields but they had free beer at the hotel so I never got around to it..   I guess I made the correct decision in..
Gary
57' RE Crusader 250
67' Ford Mustang
74' Catalina 27 "Knot a Clew"
95 RE Ace Clubman 535
01 HD 1200 Custom
07 RE 5spd HaCK

* all actions described in this post are fictional *

Bullet.wagon

• Grease Monkey
Reply #11 on: April 08, 2010, 10:16:49 pm
Maybe not much help, I bought my military from a dealer in Sarasota,Marine Outlet Center, I recommend them,his bikes are very reasonable.
2005 RE Military
2000 RE 350

Raj V

• Scooter
Reply #12 on: April 10, 2010, 12:30:43 pm
blueberry, thanks for checking.

Raj.

thesodapopkid

• Scooter
Reply #13 on: April 11, 2010, 06:40:17 am
Maybe not much help, I bought my military from a dealer in Sarasota,Marine Outlet Center, I recommend them,his bikes are very reasonable.

Good to hear. My brother and I are getting REs, and they're the closest. Well, heres to us newbies.

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #14 on: April 11, 2010, 03:17:50 pm
Welcome to the forum, let us know what bikes you and your brother get.
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

pollocka

• Scooter
Reply #15 on: September 21, 2010, 12:21:55 pm
I live 120 miles from my dealer, have had 2 failures in my first 900 miles, and if I don't take it to the dealer RE does not reimburse for repair. Think twice.

qgolden

• Grease Monkey
  • It takes a villiage to raise an idiot.....
Reply #16 on: September 21, 2010, 07:21:26 pm
Welcome.
I bought a new C5 in June of this year. Great little bike.  Like most of the folks here I have had a lot of bikes over the decades but few that I have been so fond of so quickly.  You will find the prices of parts and accessories to be very favorable when compared to other popular brands, both US and Metric. 

You will find that your new C5 will draw attention wherever you stop. 

Welcome, stay in touch and Post Pictures as soon as you get your new bike.  We love pictures and we are all here to help.
Any other Enfields in New England?

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #17 on: September 21, 2010, 08:50:21 pm
I live 120 miles from my dealer, have had 2 failures in my first 900 miles, and if I don't take it to the dealer RE does not reimburse for repair. Think twice.

I suppose that ones geographical location SHOULD play into the decision of purchase. If you are inconvenienced by taking your bike to a dealer who isn't on the next corner - don't buy an Enfield - buy a Harley - THEY have dealerships on EVERY corner ... oh, wait - they USED to!  ::)

As far as warranty repairs go - Royal Enfield has one of the BEST warranties in the business - 2 years and unlimited mileage - and there's not a lot they won't cover. In inconceivable that you WOULDN'T take the bike to an Authorised Dealer for warranty service! You get Factory Trained technicians with all the correct tools and literature to properly service the bike - plus - most of the people in an Enfield dealership are genuine enthusiasts for the brand and KNOW the bikes - like the fine folks on the Forum here   ;)
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!

Andy

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #18 on: September 21, 2010, 10:53:49 pm

As far as warranty repairs go - Royal Enfield has one of the BEST warranties in the business - 2 years and unlimited mileage...

Two years, 10,000 km in Canada, which is about the worst warranty in the business up here.  I guess they don't expect people to ride them further than the nearest Starbucks for a Saturday pose. 
2010 C5 Military - "The Slug"

hocko

• Grease Monkey
Reply #19 on: September 22, 2010, 12:27:50 am
Two years, 10,000 km in Canada, which is about the worst warranty in the business up here.  I guess they don't expect people to ride them further than the nearest Starbucks for a Saturday pose. 

10,000km and 2 years here is Australia, here's hoping it's not needed too often.

Cheers  :)

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #20 on: September 22, 2010, 01:52:03 am
I'm really surprised at the mileage limitation out of the USA ..... really ....... ! I honestly think that the UCE engine will go 50K miles without incident - or more. This is especially true judging from the merciless whipping that the Crash Test Dummy is taking in stride .....
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!