Author Topic: What does a slipping clutch feel like? FIXED  (Read 7459 times)

1Blackwolf1

• Grand Gearhead
  • Looking for the next rebuild project....
Reply #15 on: April 05, 2010, 12:52:40 pm
  Wonder since it sheared two teeth off the rear sprocket if it may have damaged the front sprocket also.  Just thinking out loud..hope I'm wrong.
Will Morrison
2007 500 Military
2000 Kawasaki Drifter 1500
2000 Victory V92SC
1976 Suzuki GT185 Rebuilder Special..AKA (Junkyard Dog)
Many, many other toys.
The garage is full.

sqf

• Bulleteer
  • 07' Military-solo seat, elec ignition
Reply #16 on: April 05, 2010, 04:34:12 pm
Thanks for the info on the o-ring.  So much for adding modern technology!  I guess I'll buy another can of chain wax.....
I checked the front sprocket and it doesn't appear to be chipped, warped or warn in any way.   I think the rear sprocket took the brunt of the slap and that is why it snapped those two teeth.  The chain itself doesn't look like it sustained damage but I want to replace it just in case, plus having the new chain with the new rear sprocket can't hurt.  I considered replacing the front sprocket as well but It looks fine and I don't want to have to pull the cases if there isn't a need. 

Fir Na Dli

single

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #17 on: April 05, 2010, 07:18:06 pm
I am really coming to the conviction that one needs to do ones' own wrenching.It is your life on the line with a bike.I have not had a bad experience myself,but others sure have and it makes you think about,no?I really don't fear the roadside fumble with something simple,but when I split lanes between 2 semis........Friend of mine had one of his wheels pass him on the e-way after leaving a tire shop.Others were all loose.