Author Topic: kick-starter  (Read 3065 times)

jonapplegate

• Grand Gearhead
  • you stand tall when you stoop to help
on: December 10, 2007, 06:12:11 am
 Just curiosity, has anyone experienced any trouble with keeping their kick pedal secure? I have a 2007 deluxe and the pedal is just about the only thing i have an ongoing issue with. Is it because of the chrome? I'm not complaining but I have tried loctite and it has still come loose and almost lost it twice before I caught it.

Leonard

• Grand Gearhead
  • I loved this bike!!
Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 12:33:07 pm
Just curiosity, has anyone experienced any trouble with keeping their kick pedal secure? I have a 2007 deluxe and the pedal is just about the only thing i have an ongoing issue with. Is it because of the chrome? I'm not complaining but I have tried loctite and it has still come loose and almost lost it twice before I caught it.

Get ahold of the Jan '08 issue of Cycle World.  The "Tech Tips" on page 89 has a tip about how to solve your problem.  You can work on that while you are waiting on your clutch lever to arrive.
2009 Triumph Bonneville T100
2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5 (RIP)
2001 Kawasaki W650 (going, going...gone)
http://www.romeoriders.com

LotusSevenMan

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...._[:]@==<
Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 08:18:54 pm
If you mean the retaining bolt that holds it on (near the splines) then try a nyloc nut. Mine had just a  chrome bolt and nut with no washer etc so changed it for a nyloc and have had no problem since!  ;D
If it ain't broke-------------------------- fix it 'till it is!

Royal Enfield Miltary 500cc  (2003)
Honda VTR FireStorm (SuperHawk) 996cc 'V' twin
Kawasaki KR1 250cc twin 'stroker
Ducati 916 'L' twin