Author Topic: Upside down, went to China and a few other things  (Read 2229 times)

sqf

• Bulleteer
  • 07' Military-solo seat, elec ignition
on: April 01, 2010, 04:42:37 am
Hello all,
My work schedule changed so I'm not able to get on the boards as frequently as I did a while ago.  Quick update...
Bike has been great, I fashioned leg plates and hand guards for the sub zero winter driving.  I just broke 7k miles on the 07 Military (had 78 miles on it when I got it in 08).  We had over 120 inches of snow this year but the longest I went without riding to and from work was the three and a half weeks the wife and I went to China.  
We went to Beijing, Zhengzhou, and Guangzhou ultimately returning with a brandy new (to us) two year old baby girl (child #5 for us, the other four are bio kids...wife won't let me call them domestics).
I managed to flip my car on the interstate during a storm, totaled it but no injuries.  In the end I should have done that years ago.  I flipped my 01 Pontiac Aztek and with the insurance money bought outright an 03 Ram 1500 Quad cab....  Trading up for Mr. Toads Wild Ride....
Other than that the bike has been great.  I am annoyed at the fuel economy but can't complain I suppose.  I went from 55mpg to 48mpg since rejetting a few months ago.  I never did see that 70mpg I hear of and it isn't from lack of throttle control.  As an experiment I went a full tank without passing 1/2 throttle or 45mph and only got 58mpg so higher numbers just aren't meant to be.  Oh well, I'll get over it after I complain enough.  

Fir Na Dli

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 05:06:50 am
I wondered were you were. Glad things are going good for you. Of course,,,,CONGRATULATIONS  !!!! on you your newest child !
Parenthood is great isn't it  ;D

-Ice
No matter where you go, there, you are.

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 12:57:37 pm
Kids are the most fun pets you can get! Congratulations!
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

PhilJ

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: April 01, 2010, 01:56:36 pm
Kids are the most fun pets you can get! Congratulations!
I started to chastise you R80RT about the pet referral, but I guess you do make children set to get food.  ;D

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #4 on: April 01, 2010, 02:02:05 pm
One of my old buddies Told me the pet thing when my son was born, I thought it was funny and never forgot it. It's weird the things that will stick in your mind for 25 years.
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

single

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: April 01, 2010, 09:46:38 pm
It is only the wierd things that stick in my mind.

Cabo Cruz

• Papa Juan
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: April 01, 2010, 10:03:42 pm
CONGRADULATIONS!!!
Long live the Bullets and those who ride them!

Keep the shiny side up, the boots on the pegs and best REgards,

Papa Juan

REA:    Member No. 119
BIKE:   2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5
NAME: Perla

PhilJ

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: April 02, 2010, 01:35:33 am
It is only the wierd things that stick in my mind.
And things that do me no good or are useless.  :-[

Archersix

• Scooter
Reply #8 on: April 06, 2010, 11:56:46 am
Congrats!!

Our daughter will be 3 this summer. She was 6 months when we adopted her from Taiwan. She's the coolest, prettiest, and smartest kid in the world...as I'm sure your kids are! We got to spend 6 days in Taiwan, and got to see quite a bit of the country while we were there. The motorcycle scene there is very interesting. MILLIONS of small displacement bikes buzzing all over the place.

The Garbone

• Shade Tree
  • Grand Gearhead
  • User Complaints: 22
Reply #9 on: April 06, 2010, 01:20:18 pm
Wow , you have had quite a year.

Congrats on the new addition to the family.

As for flipping the Aztec,  well thats one less ugly beast on the road and as long as you are ok, its all good.    I rolled a Suzuki Samaria hardtop  once,  landed on the tires still running.  After I had the roof jacked up and windshield put back in I drove it for 2 more years.    I remember the strangest part was hanging in the belts and seeing dirt out the windscreen.
Gary
57' RE Crusader 250
67' Ford Mustang
74' Catalina 27 "Knot a Clew"
95 RE Ace Clubman 535
01 HD 1200 Custom
07 RE 5spd HaCK

* all actions described in this post are fictional *