Author Topic: G5 Completes 5000 miles !!!  (Read 12863 times)

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #30 on: February 10, 2011, 03:22:50 am
Bikes are like kids, you always worry if you'll have enough money for all of them, but you always seem to manage. Go into hock.......Hide the cash from the wife? You know, what ever it takes  ::) 

My wife told me to buy the bike, now I'm in hock.  How do I get out?

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #31 on: February 10, 2011, 03:33:07 am
 $ave ga$ -ride more  ;D
No matter where you go, there, you are.

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #32 on: February 10, 2011, 05:30:23 am
My wife told me to buy the bike, now I'm in hock.  How do I get out?
Scotty , you have mad skillz, work on them on the side, quadruple your pleasure !
We seem to be both lucky in the wife department. Mine was happy to, when I got my first one, that is until I got t-boned , with her on the back at the tender age of 15. Nice pipe burn on her leg, which she likes to remind me of from time to time ::).
Countless years later she tolerates the addiction, there is certainly worse ones ;)
An thaibhsí atá rattling ag an doras agus tá sé an diabhal sa chathaoir.

olhogrider

• Classic 350 Desert Sand
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Blue Ridge Mountains of NC
Reply #33 on: February 10, 2011, 04:45:18 pm
Scotty , you have mad skillz, work on them on the side, quadruple your pleasure !
We seem to be both lucky in the wife department. Mine was happy to, when I got my first one, that is until I got t-boned , with her on the back at the tender age of 15. Nice pipe burn on her leg, which she likes to remind me of from time to time ::).
Countless years later she tolerates the addiction, there is certainly worse ones ;)

You married a 15 year old??  :o My wife doesn't like to ride on anything smaller than an ElectraGlide. I can save money by NOT buying that pillion seat.

Dan

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #34 on: February 10, 2011, 05:55:47 pm
Looks like a classic case of "Get 'em young and train 'em" ......  ::)
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #35 on: February 10, 2011, 06:02:09 pm
All my side time these days goes to my 1 year old.  And I was mostly kidding.  While I have some debt that this economy is not helping me get rid of a) it's mostly from things other than motos and b) while I hate it, I'd rather have a little debt and a little motorcycle than none of either.

My wife hasn't been on the RE yet.  She took a couple of rides on the Monster but that was all in the 3 years I owned it.  The pillion on that bike isn't very inviting.  I'm hoping the RE fares better but I'm sure there will be a request for a back rest forthcoming.  Oh, and I think she wants a ladies jacket too, tired of wearing stuff that doesn't fit her curves.  I guess that means more debt but hey, these are good problems to have ;)

Scott

prof_stack

• Grand Gearhead
  • Ride carefully - You are invisible.
Reply #36 on: February 10, 2011, 06:40:46 pm
All my side time these days goes to my 1 year old.  And I was mostly kidding.  While I have some debt that this economy is not helping me get rid of a) it's mostly from things other than motos and b) while I hate it, I'd rather have a little debt and a little motorcycle than none of either.

My wife hasn't been on the RE yet.  She took a couple of rides on the Monster but that was all in the 3 years I owned it.  The pillion on that bike isn't very inviting.  I'm hoping the RE fares better but I'm sure there will be a request for a back rest forthcoming.  Oh, and I think she wants a ladies jacket too, tired of wearing stuff that doesn't fit her curves.  I guess that means more debt but hey, these are good problems to have ;)

Scott

Heh, heh:  Are her curves concave or convex?   ;D
A Royal Enfield owner's cup is always half full.

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #37 on: February 10, 2011, 06:51:25 pm
There's nothin' I can say here that won't get me in trouble 'cept that I like 'em :)

The Garbone

• Shade Tree
  • Grand Gearhead
  • User Complaints: 22
Reply #38 on: February 10, 2011, 07:20:15 pm
With my wife one of the criteria of me buying my bike is that she liked the way fit on the back.  We tried out several bikes before but she liked the RE most.. She really liked the after market springer pillion I installed also.
Gary
57' RE Crusader 250
67' Ford Mustang
74' Catalina 27 "Knot a Clew"
95 RE Ace Clubman 535
01 HD 1200 Custom
07 RE 5spd HaCK

* all actions described in this post are fictional *

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #39 on: February 10, 2011, 07:23:13 pm
Darcie and I cannot be on the same motorcycle at the same time - we have SUCH different riding styles that SHE usually ends up steering from the back pegs more than I steer from the front .... Heeheehee! She is better off on her OWN dang motorcycle!

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #40 on: February 10, 2011, 07:29:10 pm
I've got the solid mounted pillion for the C5.  It's sturdy but may be a bit narrow being just a padded rectangle.  If she doesn't like it I'll just remove the seat from the frame and either mount a chopper like single seat or make a similar shaped one on my own.

The other thing is the backrest and maybe some handles.  Of all my bikes she like my Kawasaki ZR-7 with Corbin seat the most.  The seat was great and had the tall accessory backrest.  The bike itself had great passenger handles mounted on both sides within easy reach.  It's a shame more bikes don't have those.  Anyway, I'l guessing at some point I'll be talking to a local welder to add backrest and handles to my pillion.  Thouth they look awful when no one is sitting there the pillion comes off in minutes so I'm fine with it.

All this is highly hypothetical right now anyway.  With a 1 year old we don't get time for many together rides and most of my riding is just commutes and the usual travel.  I'll probably get a sidecar for my son in a few years before anyone puts in any serious pillion time.  

That was a big part of picking the C5.  Easy side car attachment makes it a 'family friendly' bike in a few years.  I could have gotten a Ural tourist for near the same price but that's sidecar only and I wanted to be able to ride two wheels until my son is old enough to join in.

Scott
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 07:32:44 pm by Ducati Scotty »

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #41 on: February 10, 2011, 09:47:17 pm
You married a 15 year old??  :o My wife doesn't like to ride on anything smaller than an ElectraGlide. I can save money by NOT buying that pillion seat.

Dan
Looks like a classic case of "Get 'em young and train 'em" ......  ::)
What is wrong with you two ?.. That is just sick ! ....We waited till the legal age of 16 and a half,  I'll have yuz know !.......And we is cousins to....What ? ::)

We waited till 23, I guess she figured I wasn't gonna change, and just gave in ;)

Scotty, good points on the side car. That's partly why I picked one up. She's still a little scared of it, but my boys Ain't ;D

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #42 on: February 10, 2011, 10:44:51 pm
Atta boy! Hahahaha!! TOO funny, GHG!  :D

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #43 on: February 11, 2011, 02:58:01 am
Atta boy! Hahahaha!! TOO funny, GHG!  :D
There is nothing but loonacy without laughter ;) Gotta get through this cold bleak winter somehow?

olhogrider

• Classic 350 Desert Sand
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Blue Ridge Mountains of NC
Reply #44 on: February 11, 2011, 04:11:09 pm
There is nothing but loonacy without laughter ;) Gotta get through this cold bleak winter somehow?

Just move here. Temps have been in the 70s, sunny skies, great 2-lane roads through the hills and property values are low. My house is about 1/3 of its peak price. They waited till my re-fi before they collapsed. I'm going for a ride.

Dan