Author Topic: Stock vs Sports Silencer  (Read 13115 times)

oldairplanenut

• Scooter
Reply #30 on: April 12, 2010, 03:41:13 am
Rusty- what is the part # of that short straight sports exhaust you put on? I am ordering a C5 this week and would like to put that exhaust on it. I see they sell a couple of different straight ones. Thanks- Craig

Rusty

• Bulleteer
Reply #31 on: April 12, 2010, 09:17:13 am
Rusty- what is the part # of that short straight sports exhaust you put on? I am ordering a C5 this week and would like to put that exhaust on it. I see they sell a couple of different straight ones. Thanks- Craig

Just checking the Watsonian website and it doesn’t seem to have a part number, only the description ‘Sports Silencer’ @ £99.95. The rear mounting bracket for this exhaust is different for the C5 & G5 models (they have different pillion footrest locations) so make sure your dealer knows that, mine didn’t. The front bracket is the same for both models.

The ‘Classic Sports Silencer’ is the upswept one and the ‘Goldstar’ is the one that doesn’t fit the C5.

My advice would be to run the bike in on the stock exhaust first. I know the WS aftermarket ones don’t need any adjustments but for that critical period I’d prefer to run the bike as it left the factory.

I need to sort out the occasional backfire so will be taking the full system off and making sure I eliminate any air leaks. At first I thought the odd pop & bang sounded quite good but every now and then it backfires with an almighty explosion. Don’t expect the chrome to last long, mine’s done 200 miles and is already starting to yellow at the tail end. I thought it was the heat of the cats that caused the yellowing but apparently not. Most of it’s covered by the heat shield so it’s not too much of a problem.

Enjoy the bike, they're good fun

oldairplanenut

• Scooter
Reply #32 on: April 12, 2010, 02:32:47 pm
Thanks for the info guys!

JesterNT

• Scooter
  • Maintenance is as much art as it is science.
Reply #33 on: April 12, 2010, 04:45:40 pm
I’m thinking of having a custom cycle shop fabricate an entire exhaust for my C5.  1 ¾ pipe with a 12” glass pack.  No joint in the middle to cover will be a cleaner look I think. Then they will ceramic coat the entire thing with Cermakrome.  Has anyone replaced the entire exhaust on a UCE?  Advice/Warnings?
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Cabo Cruz

• Papa Juan
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #34 on: April 13, 2010, 12:26:34 am
Br. Jester, I am certain that Br. ScooterBob, has, in no uncertain terms and on multiple occasions, adviced against replacing the header pipe because the O2 sensor took up residence in it when the UCE lived on paper on an engineer's drawing board and on a vivid reflection in the vast lake of his mind.  (How's about those two phrases that bridge Engineering and Eastern Philosophy?  ::))

Then, again, my Gearhead qualification comes by way of the number of posts and not by way of my mechanical skills!  ;)
Long live the Bullets and those who ride them!

Keep the shiny side up, the boots on the pegs and best REgards,

Papa Juan

REA:    Member No. 119
BIKE:   2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5
NAME: Perla