aboard

Author Topic: A new Enfield special manufacture in Italy  (Read 17819 times)

boggy

• Grand Gearhead
  • Karma Ultra: 7
Reply #15 on: March 11, 2010, 04:40:20 pm
Could seems strange but not all Italians love Valentino

Ha!...

Ah... Ago is the best.  Looking forward to see what Ben Spies can do this year.  Poor Nicky Haden... he's having a tough time getting used to that Italian horse.  Stoner can do amazing things on that Ducati.  They are all pretty amazing to compete at that level.  Can't wait for the new season!
2007 AVL
2006 DRZ400SM

Leonard

• Grand Gearhead
  • I loved this bike!!
Reply #16 on: March 11, 2010, 10:35:30 pm
A nice one page article on the McDeeb bikes in the latest Motorcycle Consumer News along with some photos.
The same issue has a big write up on the C-5.
2009 Triumph Bonneville T100
2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5 (RIP)
2001 Kawasaki W650 (going, going...gone)
http://www.romeoriders.com

pistone

• Scooter
Reply #17 on: March 12, 2010, 02:58:53 am

Hi Leonard.

thanks for you advice on the Motorcycles Consumers New with an article about us.

Unfortunately I cannot see it in the magazine webpage    :'(

Please, can you upload it or send me a URL of a jpg to: info@mcdeeb.it
(or to my own e mail: fdibella09@libero.it)

I am really curious about it....    :)

Thank you and have a nice day on ridin'...now here is snowy    >:(

Fabrizio "McDeeb" Di Bella

pistone

• Scooter
Reply #18 on: March 12, 2010, 06:54:32 am
A new link to see our bikes.... ;)

http://www.fedrotriple.it/mcdeeb.html

Cheers
Fabrizio
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 12:43:45 pm by pistone »

pistone

• Scooter
Reply #19 on: March 12, 2010, 12:46:37 pm
thanks to Leonard, now we can see the page of MCN ...  ;)

Chuck D

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #20 on: March 13, 2010, 09:38:49 pm
Saw that writeup yesterday in MCN. Made my heart thump. Best of luck to you sir.   Chuck.
Ace "Fireball"#10 (Beefy the Bullet to her friends.)
 "Featherbed" frame by Rofomoto.

2017 Triumph T120

pistone

• Scooter
Reply #21 on: March 14, 2010, 03:59:51 pm

Thank for your support, Chuck !   :)

We have received a really positive feedback for passionates and dealers worldwide...

I think that also this year, we can only dream to have holidays   ;D

I like my job and if I have the possibility to work (and drive) motorcycles, it's enough to be happy.  :)

As follow a pic of one of my four tuned Bullet I've tested today at 2000 meters on the sea level.

pistone

• Scooter
Reply #22 on: March 14, 2010, 04:05:59 pm

now the road is a bit difficult but the Bullet low centre of gravity and the smooth torque helps to drive in that particular conditions...

a good way to improve the grip on these sliding surfaces is make a lower presure in the tires.

Tomorrow morning the workshop will be closed and I will go there to test a mild tuned EFI egnine fitted on one of our Six Days scrambler but with heavy knobby tires.

Good night

Fabrizio

UncleErnie

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #23 on: March 14, 2010, 08:26:19 pm
If I may;  The Clubman is driving me nuts because the tank bottom should be parallel to the ground.  However, I love the Thruxton.

I can find no real information in English.  Do you sell somplete bikes, or do you sell kits?
Is the a price list?  You talk about tuning bikes, but I don't understand what that entails.   Is there a place I can get more information and prices in English?
Run what ya brung

pistone

• Scooter
Reply #24 on: March 15, 2010, 07:34:09 am

Sorry , the English version (as a new and larger website) is under construction, but I can give you alla the infos you need.

About the other questions:

Yes, we sale both complete special bikes (based on brand new Bullets or on the customer's bike) as separate parts and full conversion kits.

Now we are talking with some operators which like to trade our parts, while to export complete bikes, I think, is more complicate.

A solution we used with a private customer (who bought the bike after seeing it during an exhibition and payed us immediately to have it soonest)  is to make the bike road legal here, then ship as an used bike to its destination abroad.

About the tuning kit,  let me know which engine you have on you Bullet and I will suggest you what we consider the proper tuning for your  purpose and its cost.

It's a bit different tune up an EFI instead an AVL or a older classic engine, depending also if you like to have only more torque and a smoother  engine for quiet travels on the hills, or you need something stronger to use for quick and short races in a racetrack....and it depends also on the budget you like to spend.

The classic engine is easier to improve for capacity, while the first  lean burn you can overbore to 540cc. but the biggest and more affordabile improving we had on that power unit  was by flowing the head and changing exuaust and carburettor only.

A proper shape of the combustion chamber, a right C:R and the flowed head intakes, coupled with a neat carburettor setting and the right (a bit loud) exhaust, gives a great performance improving (sometimes larger as the overbored engines which sometimes is easier and cheaper, but not the ultimate solution) .
The choices are too much to explain it without knowing whiich kind of engine we are  talking about.

For your reference,my favourite for tuning is the late AVL, but we work also on the other carburettor engines and are going to introduce  also special parts for the EFI.  

Let  me know what you like and Iwe do it for you...   ;)

Cheers
Fabrizio
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 07:39:35 am by pistone »

UncleErnie

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #25 on: March 15, 2010, 02:20:41 pm
Wellll... I blew up the picture of the Thruxton for more detail.  The rear-sets look too far back and high, I couldn't possibly use clip-ons- so there goes the Dunstall fairing... I have the CMW rear-sets, so I assume the Brooklands muffler won't work... Love the tank.
> sigh <

We've covered engine mods a lot here, and I'm happy with what little I've done.  My experience has taught me to start at the bottom and work up for any real additon to make an engine more robust- not just (temporarily) faster.

Oh well- I was kind of excited there for a while.  I'd love for my bike to look the part, but actually sitting on it is more important for me at this time.  I'm looking forward to the english website, though.
Run what ya brung

pistone

• Scooter
Reply #26 on: March 17, 2010, 01:38:08 am

Why you suppose the Brooklands fishtail muffler cannot work with rearsets we have fitted, too?    Our are not so high, the only need is that it are far enough.
Look also to  another detail (a bit small to see easily  :() : the gear change pedal end is turnable when you have to use the kickstarter.

If somebody cannot use clip-ons, we suggest hiim to switch to the Clubman, pratically a "naked" version of the Thruxton we also supply with normal footpegs and higher ace handlebar on request.

All are "tailored under costumer's requests"...as the Velocette but also like the hight end model of Royal Enfield in Redditch...   ;)

Look at this site for a good English text:
http://www.sumpmagazine.com/Mc-Deeb.htm

Have a nice day, guy!

Fabrizio

Cabo Cruz

• Papa Juan
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #27 on: March 17, 2010, 11:04:53 am
That's a very cool site, Don Pistone!

¬°Buona fortuna, fratello!
Long live the Bullets and those who ride them!

Keep the shiny side up, the boots on the pegs and best REgards,

Papa Juan

REA:    Member No. 119
BIKE:   2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5
NAME: Perla

pistone

• Scooter
Reply #28 on: March 17, 2010, 03:47:51 pm

Ah ah ah    DON PISTONE !

Looks fine...

as Don ....

pistone

• Scooter
Reply #29 on: March 17, 2010, 04:17:27 pm

This "Don" is a joke, guy.

To be more serious, i like to share with you our latest expericence with the Bullet AVL engine improving.

We have spent some days in testing on the dyno (thanks to my past job in kawasaki off road R&D dept.) but aloso on the road.

We tested an AVL engine with standard capacity in different state of mild tuning.

With the Euro 2 rules after a proper running in (in means with airbox and standard filter, caburettor, pipe and silencer ) using normal fuel we had 22,5 HP at the rear wheel  (not so bad but not so good, too)
The same engine without the airbox and a new setting has only 1 HP more, but the real iprovement we obtained with an open exhaust we tested in several ways.
After some comparizon betwwen different carburettor, we checked the best coupling carburettor type/exhaust type.
NOTE: The head was flowed by us.

At this moment I cannot say which kind of carburettor we finally used , because I don't like to give pre-view without finishing the tests but I let you know as follow:

We checked between : a) Goldstar open muffler (UK made)
                                       b) Bottle sport exhaust (Made by us with and without db killer)
                                       c) Megaton cone (UK made, with and without db killer)
                                       d) Road legal cone silencer (made in Germany)
We changed a lot of jets, and carburettor components, while the other setting of the bike remained the same, changing only the exhiasts.

The best performance , both on the dyno as on the road, we had with the solution b, the solution c has almost a similar performancse but was too loud for road use.

The d make "vain" the new carburettor and the setting...sorry.

The a was only a bit less efficient as b and c, but the noise of the Goldstar was  like a music, better as the bottle and not so loud as the megaton

The best speed on the road was 92 mph  with  the standard high handlebar and a driver in prone position, after a launch of one kilometer.
We tihink it is enough.  :)

Ciao