aboard

Author Topic: A new Enfield special manufacture in Italy  (Read 17262 times)

pistone

• Scooter
on: March 08, 2010, 05:05:12 am

Hi mates, :)

here is Fabrizio "McDeeb" Di Bella   (nickname "pistone" in this nice forum)

I'm glad to introduce you our new range of complete special bikes and conversions suitable both for the classic Bullets as for the new Bullet EFI models.

Look at our website http://www.mcdeeb.it
 to see our "Velocette" lookalike Thruxton based on a Bullet modified frame, wheels and engine.  This conversion can be based also on other power units and disc brake equipped bikes (we suggest it if you ask us a highly tuned version... ;))

Maybe only a few people know that relatioship between Royal Enfield Redditch and Veloce Ltd. (manufacturer of Velocette Venom, Thruxton & Clubman fast singles we now like to evocate) were strict in the sixties period.

To make an example, a prototype for a new Bullet and twin Interceptor had a frame designed and made by Veloce, while the spareparts for Royal Enfield UK in the late years of that company before close were manufactured and distributed through the Velocette factory. Another relation between the two British companies was some Enfileld engine inner part and crankcases  used by Velocette R&D branch to try to make a new and cheaper 250cc OHV power unit.

This is history and now it is not so  strange that we use  a Bullet to build our Velocette "evocation bikes"

In our website you can seen some pictures of the bikes (click on "Motorcycles") , a video and in the section called "Dicono di noi" also some magazines English spoken who told something about us...

other pics of our special you can find at: http://www.fedrotriple.it/mcdeeb.html

If some Enfiled dealers and passionates like to have more infos about pirces and technical featuers , don't esitate to contact us: fdibella09@libero.it

Thank you and best regards.

Fabrizio

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 08:15:46 am
Nice looking bikes!

Leonard

• Grand Gearhead
  • I loved this bike!!
Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 09:18:29 am
Very nice, beautiful bikes and looks very much like the Thruxton.  Did I read correctly that the Six Days with the new EFI engine has a 535 kit?  
Great history lesson too, thanks.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 09:22:00 am by Leonard »
2009 Triumph Bonneville T100
2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5 (RIP)
2001 Kawasaki W650 (going, going...gone)
http://www.romeoriders.com

singhg5

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 10:26:06 am
Really beautiful bikes, very well put together, and presented with typical Italian passion.  Bravo !
1970's Jawa /  Yezdi
2006 Honda Nighthawk
2009 Royal Enfield Black G5

Cabo Cruz

• Papa Juan
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: March 08, 2010, 12:21:24 pm
¬°Le moto sono bella, Fratello Fabrizio!  ¬°Bravissimo!
Long live the Bullets and those who ride them!

Keep the shiny side up, the boots on the pegs and best REgards,

Papa Juan

REA:    Member No. 119
BIKE:   2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5
NAME: Perla

pistone

• Scooter
Reply #5 on: March 08, 2010, 12:38:00 pm

Grazie mille per la calorosa accoglienza, ragazzi !  (Per Cabo)

Thanks a lot for your warm welcome, guys !          (For all mates)

I hope you enjoy our specials and like to share with all the mates of this forum our mutual experiences in driving and improving the Bullets..that passionate bikes which you can hate or love but cannot avouid to note.

Today I've drive to test another tuning kit we are developing  fisrtly for our Six Days conversion (a big, big bore  ;D) and was funny to lift the front wheel easily...the new CDI gives a great advantage in the mid range, with a more torqueus performance output.

Coupling it with a shorter ratio, a open exaust and some inner modifications (larger piston, higher C:R, flowed head and so on) the  feeling remember me my own Kawasaki KDX overbored to 300cc....a great difference with the original RE EFI power unit.

We like to take part to some amateur races in the coming season (not in the higher level of enduros) only to test some solutions in extreme conditions.

Equipped with our "HJohnny Brittain Repllica" kit (with alloy rims, special shocks, modificed fork, alloy fuel tank , open pipe and silencer and toher off-road accessories) the Sux Days now weight 148 kgs only and we can make it lighter , too.

Stay in contact with some news.

Cheers
Fabrizio McDeeb

pistone

• Scooter
Reply #6 on: March 08, 2010, 12:42:14 pm
something more....

pistone

• Scooter
Reply #7 on: March 08, 2010, 01:36:43 pm

also an Aussie magazine speaks about us... ;)

pistone

• Scooter
Reply #8 on: March 08, 2010, 01:49:17 pm

a now a pic of our Clubman conversion 

note the rear frame with the tipical Velocette adjusting system for the shocks,
which allow to make easily the bike faster in strict cornering or more suitable for fast tracks,
modifiying the shock upper position you can adjust the rear: of the bike higher with "softer" damping effect for slow roads or lower with harder damping (and a wider angle of the fork for fast roads)

pistone

• Scooter
Reply #9 on: March 08, 2010, 02:47:09 pm

another shot for the scrambler Six Days...

pistone

• Scooter
Reply #10 on: March 08, 2010, 02:48:40 pm

the other side...

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #11 on: March 09, 2010, 06:36:37 pm
Beutifull !!!
I can break it better,,,,at night, in the rain, on the trail,, 20 miles from nowhere.

REA #136

"TIMEX", the '06 Iron Barrel Military that takes me everywhere I want to go... and some places I shouldn't.

pistone

• Scooter
Reply #12 on: March 10, 2010, 12:38:08 am

Thank you guys !    :)

Your warm welcome are the best payment for lot of hours we spent in developing it.

In the past , Royal Enfields here were considered lnostalgic but a bit cheap and strange bikes , but in the last two years this opinion changed and mostly bikers think that are interesting and more peoples wish to buy one.

We love these bikes (I own five Bullets, two are deeply tuned but the other three are standard, except for the exhausts and very little improvements), and sometimes organize meetings, not only to show how kind of modifications we can do, but also to explain how funny can be drive a "running piece of history" .

For people who like to use a more modern bike, we suggest to use the new EFI with UCE engine, smoother and simpler on drivin', but my own solution is to have both: the latest models for daily use, while the older (but well maintained and improved) for a weekend as a "Ton Up boy" with other friends...also if you're fifty years old like me, ah ah ah   ;)

Now we offer our McDeeb special parts  (complete bikes, separate conversion kits and accessories alike clothes , gloves and goggles of the sixties taste) to all Royal Enfiield and cafe racer passionates.
Is our way to live as in the "Golden Era of motorcycling"....

Have a nice days !
Fabrizio "McDeeb" Di Bella

boggy

• Grand Gearhead
  • Karma Ultra: 7
Reply #13 on: March 11, 2010, 01:34:31 pm
Absolutely beautiful Bullets.  I'd love to see a #46 on that Thruxton ;)
2007 AVL
2006 DRZ400SM

pistone

• Scooter
Reply #14 on: March 11, 2010, 03:45:37 pm

Thanks Boggy!

But I prefer Casey Stoner as Valentino Rossi.

Could seems strange but not all Italians love Valentino...my favourite is that little Aussie but like Nicky Hayden ,too.

My hearth is on some living legends as Giacomo Agostini, Kenny Roberts, Kevin Schwantz, Wayne Rainey, Eddy Lawson and a non -winner but great perfomer as the crazy Randy Mamola I know very well in the past.

Cheers
Fabrizio