Author Topic: Dream Garage  (Read 5815 times)

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #15 on: March 08, 2010, 08:47:51 pm
Ace, I happened to stumble across one of your dream 10 - the Norton.

It's cheap too! ;D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NORVIL-NORTON-NO-RESERVE_W0QQitemZ200445978682QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_motorcycles?hash=item2eab82e83a

Nice looking bike.
I'd have to verify the numbers to see if it is the real thing.
Most of the ones you see out there are fakes.
All the bodywork is available on the aftermarket, and it's very easy to make a "clone".
He alludes in the ad that "this one has been rebuilt, restored, or recreated in the past", and it has a salvage title, so I'd guess that it's a fake.
But, it's nice looking, and if it runs good and works good, I'd pay a few grand for it.

Nothing wrong with a "clone", and that's fine.
Just don't pay collector's price for a clone that can be made out of a used Norton Commando with about $1k of bodywork and paint on it.

Personally, I'd be fine with a clone for riding around on.

Home of the Fireball 535 !

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #16 on: March 09, 2010, 05:27:57 am
C5
AVL
Bullet trials
Bullet cafe
Bullet big head
Bullet classic
Bullet rigid
Bullet road racer
bullet custom bobber/brawler
Interceptor

I am beginning to see a pattern here,,,,,
No matter where you go, there, you are.

PaulF

• Grease Monkey
Reply #17 on: March 09, 2010, 02:56:20 pm
Nice looking bike.
I'd have to verify the numbers to see if it is the real thing.
Most of the ones you see out there are fakes.
All the bodywork is available on the aftermarket, and it's very easy to make a "clone".
He alludes in the ad that "this one has been rebuilt, restored, or recreated in the past", and it has a salvage title, so I'd guess that it's a fake.
But, it's nice looking, and if it runs good and works good, I'd pay a few grand for it.

Nothing wrong with a "clone", and that's fine.
Just don't pay collector's price for a clone that can be made out of a used Norton Commando with about $1k of bodywork and paint on it.

Personally, I'd be fine with a clone for riding around on.

Not to get off topic, (again-bad habit of mine), but too bad its not genuine. It's amazing to me that anyone would bother to recreate this sort of thing. I mean bodywork for such a rare piece can't be easy to get, or cheap. Just looking at the rear-set bracketry makes me wonder just how obsessed one can be with that sort of thing. Must have been one of those guys with the poster on his wall when he was a kid and just had to have one someday no matter what, even if he had to build it himself.