Author Topic: RE in Canada, update  (Read 5419 times)

Morrissey

• Scooter
on: March 05, 2010, 01:45:15 am
Hey all.  Reading a lot of old posts (mine included) about when/if RE is coming to Canada.  Don't know if this is old news, but YES, RE is coming to Canada.  I sent them an email today asking about the bikes and a guy named Rob McMullen emailed me back and told me that an Ontario dealership will be announced on their site in the coming weeks and will be open in April with a demo bike to try!  Very exciting!  They will only be bringing the EFI models.  I'm told the C5 will be called the "Classic" and the G5 is going to be called the "Electra Deluxe" here and the Electra will just be called the Electra.  Confusing, I know.  Why they can't leave the names the same I don't know.  The Canadian website is up and running.  Its a little sparse at this time but promises to be updated soon.

Check it out.....

www.enfieldmotorcycles.ca

I went to the motorcycle show to see these bikes in person (finally) back in December and I must say that I was impressed.  Can't wait to get the chance to actually try one out!  I really like the G5 (or Electra Deluxe as I'm told it will be called here in Canada) in the green with gold striping.

john hut

• John Hut
  • Scooter
  • EFI Bulleteer
Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 08:22:15 pm
exactly the same names as here in  UK
John Electra Deluxe Efi

Gunga Din

• Northern Bullet
  • Scooter
Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 09:36:07 pm
Hello everyone. The new Royal Enfield dealership is up and running and selling bikes in Calgary Alberta right now. As I mentioned in a previous post yesterday I saw the new bikes in the showroom and they are beautiful.

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010, 06:21:30 am
Hello everyone. The new Royal Enfield dealership is up and running and selling bikes in Calgary Alberta right now. As I mentioned in a previous post yesterday I saw the new bikes in the showroom and they are beautiful.

Pics or it didn't happen  ;) :D ;D ;D ;)
No matter where you go, there, you are.

Gunga Din

• Northern Bullet
  • Scooter
Reply #4 on: May 22, 2010, 03:05:06 pm
I can do one better than pictures. Go to their website:

www.royalenfieldcalgary.com

Blue Ridge Wheeltor

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: May 23, 2010, 02:12:08 am
Pretty crappy warrantee. ::)
REA #25
2008 Royal Enfield Deluxe (Blue)
2006 Ural Patrol
1978 BMW R 100s--SOLD--
1977 HD XLCR
1971 Triumph Bonneville

mrunderhill1975a

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: May 29, 2010, 03:08:14 am
Warrentee............2yr 10,000 Km
Get a dealership while you still can.

nigelogston@gmail.com

• Bulleteer
Reply #7 on: September 01, 2010, 02:31:02 pm
I am confused about the C5 G5 distinction.  My understanding is the the C5 is a Elgi reworked frame and 18 inch wheel version of the 1951 bullet, whereas the G5 is the continous since 1955 version of the frame (shorter rear swing arm, onger rake same wheelbse bigger wheels 19 inch)  .  Can anyone confirm  this, and which Canadian models are C5 vs G5?  The dealers don't seem to know that there is even a difference, and when I asked one, he said every bike they have was 18 inch wheels including, I think, the Electras.  Anybody know ?  The dealer I spoke to also said the Electra Deluxe was only available in black, but I see lots of US G5 racing green/gol pinstripe pictures----looks great.   Thanks, Nigel 

1 Thump

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #8 on: September 02, 2010, 01:25:34 am
I can do one better than pictures. Go to their website:

www.royalenfieldcalgary.com

Thats a crappy website. Wrong pictures, and product description.

Andy

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #9 on: September 12, 2010, 10:56:39 am
OVC in Ontario is offering, in addition to the UCE models, the venerable 350cc.  All the tree-fiddys are at least twenty-five years old, fully restored - and about three thousand bucks less than the moderns.  If I had only known...  :'(

Old Vintage Cranks
28 Trafalgar Road
519-856-2822

2010 C5 Military - "The Slug"

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
Reply #10 on: September 12, 2010, 09:52:15 pm
The C5 has a completely new frame. It is designed to be a very quick handling bike with neutral steering. Egli had nothing to do with it. It was done by a company in England whose name escapes me. It was then tweaked by Engines Engineering in Bologna Italy. Bologna is a hot bed of Italian motorcycle manufacturing. This same company does framer for Ducati etc. It has about 3 degrees less rake than the other Bullets which contributes greatly to it's quick handling.

It does have a longer swing arm which flexes less than our traditional swing arms. It was designed for 18 inch wheels front and rear (We have put a 19 inch on the front and it is a nice addition.).

The C5 sheetmetal and paint were done around the style of an early 1950 's RE.

The G5 (or the Electra as it is called in some countries) has a completely different fram and handling charecteristics than the C5. While they handle exceeding well, the steering is not quite so guick and bike is a bit taller for larger riders.
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

nigelogston@gmail.com

• Bulleteer
Reply #11 on: November 25, 2010, 12:24:27 am
Thank you Kevin for the comprehensive answer to the question I posted  I sort of lost this thread so didn't get back to it until now to see your answer,   Thanks Again, Nigel. 

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #12 on: November 25, 2010, 01:53:41 am
I was just in Calgary, training the new Canadian dealers on the "ins and outs" of the mechanicals and the EFI on the new UCE bikes. They are a FINE bunch of fellows! OVC (Ken Beach) and I go a ways with the Duh-Nyepper stuff and the Chang Jiangs. He is an EXCELLENT wrench and machinist. He "gets it" on about every level as do ALL the current Canadian dealers. You cats "North of Border" got it good! Kudo's to Rob McMullen for putting together a first rate organisation to represent our beloved Enfields in Canada!
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!

prof_stack

• Grand Gearhead
  • Ride carefully - You are invisible.
Reply #13 on: November 25, 2010, 05:57:35 pm
Will the Canadian dealers be getting any different variants on the UCE? 
A Royal Enfield owner's cup is always half full.

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #14 on: November 25, 2010, 08:24:22 pm
Will the Canadian dealers be getting any different variants on the UCE? 

They'll be getting the same bikes that we get here in the USA - but with KPH speedo's ...
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #15 on: November 28, 2010, 02:44:32 pm
Glad our brother to the north are FINALLY getting in on the fun. ;D

Shoulda been allowed all along as we get their beer/bier  ;) after all and fairs fair right ?
No matter where you go, there, you are.