Author Topic: The need for speed.  (Read 4432 times)

chinoy

• Bulleteer
on: March 04, 2010, 02:11:41 pm
Just thought id keep you guys in the loop.
Purchased a turbo for my c5.
Should be here in a few months.

Was thinking of going the super charger route. But have decided to try turbo first.
If that fails then Ill get the SC.

I will be retaining the stock TB and Injectors. Changing the ECU and Map sensor.

1 Thump

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 02:24:36 am
Well, do tell more. Which turbo, how you plan to run it etc. And how much improvement do u expect. I think I read a post somewhere that it really was not possible to add turbo to single cylinders especially the enfield. I believe Ace had something to say about it as well.

hocko

• Grease Monkey
Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 04:30:16 am
Chinoy Hi

I'm in a quandry, why should you need to attempt to S/charge or turbo a Bullet? These bikes were not designed for it, I mean no offense but surely it goes against what these bikes were designed to do, that is provide a relaxing, reliable ride in the manner which they do. I if had a need for speed I would have kept the Suzuki, 230 kph and handling like a rocket sled on rails. Please do not take this as criticism, but I for the life of me cannot grasp the reasoning behind your thoughts. I think that it would take away the character of what is a great little bike that has evolved over the time to near  Japanese reliability. I take my hat off to you to have the technicial ability to carry out such a task, my mechanical skills are at best very basic and engineering skills are non existant, that's one of the reasons for buying a G5. I shall be following your experiences with interest and wish you all the success, as I said this was in no way meant as a criticism , simply asking why ?

Cheers

:)

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 04:50:15 am
Just thought id keep you guys in the loop.
Purchased a turbo for my c5.
Should be here in a few months.

Was thinking of going the super charger route. But have decided to try turbo first.
If that fails then Ill get the SC.

I will be retaining the stock TB and Injectors. Changing the ECU and Map sensor.

Interesting !!!
More power to you  ;)
No matter where you go, there, you are.

chinoy

• Bulleteer
Reply #4 on: March 05, 2010, 11:57:40 am
Chinoy Hi

I'm in a quandry, why should you need to attempt to S/charge or turbo a Bullet? These bikes were not designed for it, I mean no offense but surely it goes against what these bikes were designed to do, that is provide a relaxing, reliable ride in the manner which they do. I if had a need for speed I would have kept the Suzuki, 230 kph and handling like a rocket sled on rails. Please do not take this as criticism, but I for the life of me cannot grasp the reasoning behind your thoughts. I think that it would take away the character of what is a great little bike that has evolved over the time to near  Japanese reliability. I take my hat off to you to have the technicial ability to carry out such a task, my mechanical skills are at best very basic and engineering skills are non existant, that's one of the reasons for buying a G5. I shall be following your experiences with interest and wish you all the success, as I said this was in no way meant as a criticism , simply asking why ?

Cheers

:)
Because of all the reasons you quoted above.
i.e. its the last bike anybody would think of doing this too.
the fact that its such a mind freak for so many people is just a bonus.

In a way I agree with you but unless you have owned or striped down a C5. This is a very different machine. Some people see that very clearlly. Some dont. to some its just a bullet.

there could be personal reasons too. One of which is I have a score to settle with some RD guys. And beating them on a bullet is in a way the ultimate humiliation and insult. a kinda whoes your daddy in tuning kinda scene.

Dont worry though. The Forced induction is for stage 4. I still have stages 2 & 3 to finish. Which is custom cams rockers and pistons and ECU amongst other things.

Its a bit like having sex with an old lady.
She still has it in her. If you know how to ride her.
A short clip from our Pratice runs.
I take it you wouldnt approve of the riding style. But hey its my bike.
Ps: the rider is a friend Roopin Ram.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjnQ6VNlBSo

Ps2:
I respect ace a lot. He is my Bullet GURU.
But remember most of what he is talking about is from his Exp. with the old cast iron bullet. On which score he is absolutely right. This is not a CI or a AVL. Its the C5 a very very diffirent machine.

Ps3:
We soup up out little moped two stroke 100cc bikes to make more power and go faster  than the avrage bullet. So I dont need a fancy suzuki to go fast.

Just a respectful argument between two buddies drinking a beer. In a way I agree with everything you have said. but In still gona go ahead with this project.
I know the turbo is probably not going to spin up. But I have a friend who builds custom super chargers. He did one for a 150cc four stroke, which ran really well. So that route is always there.

Ps4: If you dont like my project then I dont know what you will think of this guys lol
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/69024-presenting-rr700-prostreet-turbo-ultimate-bullet-mod-job.html

« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 12:07:10 pm by chinoy »

t120rbullet

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: March 05, 2010, 12:04:34 pm
One of which is I have a score to settle with some RD guys. And beating them on a bullet is in a way the ultimate humiliation and insult. a kinda whoes your daddy in tuning kinda scene.

Sounds like a good enough reason to me.
Just cuz would be good enough too.
Let us know how it works out.
CJ
1972 FLH "Sambo"
1999 Enfield 500 Black Deluxe "Silver"
2023 Guzzi V7 Special "BOB"

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #6 on: March 05, 2010, 01:49:54 pm
I think it's an interesting technical project.

Alot of challenges in it.
Even if you don't get it to spool-up properly, there can still be some gains out of it.

I'd be looking at an alcohol injection kit, or water injection kit
Home of the Fireball 535 !

hocko

• Grease Monkey
Reply #7 on: March 05, 2010, 10:39:39 pm

Ps4: If you dont like my project then I dont know what you will think of this guys lol
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/69024-presenting-rr700-prostreet-turbo-ultimate-bullet-mod-job.html

(/quote] OK after seeing that, you win  :o, I thank you for your side of the equasion and wish you all the best with the project, I asked why ? and you supplied a well drafted answer, so you what that means?.............My shout, what are you drinking ;)

chinoy

• Bulleteer
Reply #8 on: March 06, 2010, 10:25:59 am
 :D The right question is what are you smoking.
Drinking is bad. It damages brain cells by starving them off oxygen.

If I do drink its normally a Shandy.
Ace im a big fan of Water injection.
One of the first books i bought was The high-speed Internal-Combustion Engine.
Never tire of reading and re-reading it.

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #9 on: March 07, 2010, 04:35:53 am

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #10 on: March 07, 2010, 02:04:06 pm
“Keep thy eye on the tach, thine ears on the engine, least thy whirlybits seek communion with the sun”
– John 4:50

« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 02:06:56 pm by r80rt »
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #11 on: March 08, 2010, 03:25:01 am
“Keep thy eye on the tach, thine ears on the engine, least thy whirlybits seek communion with the sun”
– John 4:50

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

chinoy

• Bulleteer
Reply #12 on: March 08, 2010, 05:09:43 am
I honestly don't believe even the C5 should be pushed past 5500 RPM.
One way to counter the problem is frequent strip down and inspections.

that way you can predict what is failing / about to fail.
the weak links in the engine Id say the rockers and rocker seats.

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #13 on: March 10, 2010, 01:17:33 am
Br. Chinoy,

If its not too much trouble could you please post some pics of the engines innards as you delve into it ?

I am curious to see what the bits look like.

Cheers,
Ice