Author Topic: G5 Flasher unit  (Read 2318 times)

bergerac

• Scooter
on: March 13, 2010, 08:57:11 am
Can anyone tell me where the flasher unit is on the G5. According to owners manual, it has a red/white lead and a white lead from it but I can't find such a beast. I've bought one of these audio flasher/indicator units from India and wanted to have the audible sound. Thanks Larry
2009 Black G5

SSR

• Grease Monkey
Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 09:48:37 am
On a C5 it's in ecu box but on G5 It's under the seat near the battery.

1Blackwolf1

• Grand Gearhead
  • Looking for the next rebuild project....
Reply #2 on: March 13, 2010, 05:12:25 pm
Can anyone tell me where the flasher unit is on the G5. According to owners manual, it has a red/white lead and a white lead from it but I can't find such a beast. I've bought one of these audio flasher/indicator units from India and wanted to have the audible sound. Thanks Larry

Hope you have better luck with that one than I did.

Mounted it this morning and it worked for maybe 10 minutes.  May work if I went to LED signals but I think I'll leave it alone with the original flasher.  Seemed like very high resistance through the unit when I checked it out with a meter.

Will.
Will Morrison
2007 500 Military
2000 Kawasaki Drifter 1500
2000 Victory V92SC
1976 Suzuki GT185 Rebuilder Special..AKA (Junkyard Dog)
Many, many other toys.
The garage is full.

bergerac

• Scooter
Reply #3 on: March 14, 2010, 07:30:26 am
  Hope you have better luck with that one than I did.

Mounted it this morning and it worked for maybe 10 minutes.  May work if I went to LED signals but I think I'll leave it alone with the original flasher.  Seemed like very high resistance through the unit when I checked it out with a meter.

Will.

Thanks Will for your input. I've decided to go down a different path and wire a piezo buzzer in each of the left-hand and right-hand flasher wires, hopefully the voltage drop will not be noticeable. Larry
2009 Black G5