Author Topic: so a while back I was saving for a new exhaust system.. then  (Read 1439 times)

scoTTy

• Grand Gearhead
r80rt was kind and gave me his olde muffler..  here is what I wrote about my day to day

before I start , I will say you all are the best folks I Have met online.. thank you for being here..  this was a pm to r80rt,,  that I copied..  I figgured he would enjoy it as much as you all.. as I make it public

well, it didn't warm up today, and after spending 5 hrs raking the dog's yard from the tree limbs that keep falling from last years ice storm...and leaves and burning them..

I decided to start the RE.. since I put the muffler on yesterday.. not without a few problems..

had to take the headpipe off.. and noticed the headpipe coming through the flange at the weld was .. hmmm.. ::)  high   ...maybe this is why I keep blowing gaskets.. not seating properily..

so about an hr with a file took care of that.. :P

Then I used high temp silicon.. so it was going to have to sit.. had to use my muffler bracket and had to almost take the muffler off again to get it on..

But it got on.. :D

so about 24 hrs later

andt 3 hrs ago -- smelling like leaf smoke I put on my leather skull cap and attempted to kick start it.. to no avail.. then the electric starter didn't work for a second..

but it started.. without the choke.. I'm running rich with the flatside it seems.. backfired through the carb..  but it started..  

hmmmmm, sweet sound... ;D  munGo LiKe :P

so I took off down the road.. , not dressed properily ..rather chilly.. so I came back got out My Davida Classic helmet,, which i've never worn and my new goggles.. and my olde Barbour A7 waxed jacket and headed to the watering hole to buy some  uH ..sasperilla ::) to bring home..

What a great sound// that pipe giving out a note that was music to my ears..

so I had to twist the wick... 2nd gear found me at 40 (RE speedometer speakN that is) and before I knew it 60,, and still had 5th left..  and Man did that pipe sound sweet..  coulndn't hear the mechanical noises , But I knew they were happy too..

Did I say It was cold?  .. oH , also had a cigar clinched in my teeth .. after all.. I mean.. well you understand..

Took the long way home.. got up to 65 once... bRRRR.. eyes watering and nose running....

pulled it into the garage and checked the plug.. Black..

and with the clutch pulled in it was creeping forward..  so a little more dialing in  is at hand.. so when the weather gets a little warmer..  

so a real warm

thanks Dan  :)

I appreciate it..

scoTTy
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 02:56:00 am by scoTTy »

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 03:11:37 am
You're welcome ScoTTy, glad to help and I knew you'd love the sound.
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

hocko

• Grease Monkey
Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 03:47:23 am
Importantly....did you get the Sarsperilla !!!!

;)

Lahti35

• Currently Enfield-less!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • The Department of Redundancy Deptartment.
Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 04:17:39 am
Importantly....did you get the Sarsperilla !!!!

;)

I'll bet he liked the sound of that pipe so much he went back for 2nd's or 3rds 8)
'03 Ex-Electric start 500....gone but not forgotten...

I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!

scoTTy

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: March 02, 2010, 04:32:38 am
u betcha ;D