Author Topic: New C5 Pillion  (Read 2356 times)

Lmundy

• Scooter
on: February 24, 2010, 06:31:21 pm
Maybe I'm just dim or clueless, but I didn't know there was a new pillion seat offered for the C5 until I saw it on the UK distributor's site and called CMW to see if these seats were stateside yet.  They have them, color-matched, but it is one of those things you have to order through your dealer, as I assume many of the UCE accessories are going to be.  It has a color-matched subframe that attaches to the shock mounts in the rear and to the unused bracket under the seat with the long bolt shown.  As indicated in the photo, it also comes with a shorter bolt whose purpose is totally lost on me (If anyone knows, please let me know, right now I am using it to clean out earwax).  I don't yet have a photo of the bike with the pillion installed, but I think it looks great, proper "period" design, and it mates closely enough to the stock rider's seat that it gives me just an extra skoosh of slide-back room for my tall, fat and generally repulsive self.  I've posted a photo here in the Gallery under "modifications" and it would be dated today, 2/24.

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 10:51:02 pm
I hope I can get that subframe with a rack instead of pillion seat, Thanks for the pic.
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

Monty

• Scooter
Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 04:39:18 pm
Thanks for the information and pic.  Any word on a dual seat for the C5.   How comfortable is the new pillion?

chinoy

• Bulleteer
Reply #3 on: February 27, 2010, 06:41:52 am
cant see the pic  ;)

daves02ES

• Bulleteer
  • Thump Thump
2002 Bullet ES