Author Topic: Royal Enfield at the NorthEast Motorcycle Expo  (Read 1073 times)

boggy

• Grand Gearhead
  • Karma Ultra: 7
on: February 15, 2010, 08:02:06 pm
I took my wife to the NorthEast Motorcycle Expo, just south of Boston in Quincy, for a romantic Valentine's weekend walk.   ;)    In a corner, beyond the Hondas, Kawasakis, Yamahas, Harleys, and gear-stands, was parked the only other RE I've seen with my own eyes, besides mine.  

A nice fellow who owns V.T. Motors up in Poland, ME (I didn't get his name amongst the racket of the band near by) had and EFI parked next to a beauty of a URAL.  I had a great conversation with him and it was nice to talk face to face with another Enfield owner.

He mentioned this would be the last year he would bring RE's down to the show as there is another RE dealer in Western Mass who does not like him crossing the border.  That was terribly crummy to hear.  If I were him, I'd just toss up a finger or two and say, "Aint that America," but he seemed tired of dealing with it.

The owner of the URAL was there too and told me a story of the V.T. Motors fellow driving and hour and a half each way to pick up the URAL to fix a gremlin... On 3 different occasions.  He said he kept at it until it was perfect.  Sounds like someone who stands behind what they sell.  That kind of character is rare these days.

If I ever buy a new RE, I would certainly give him a call.  It doesn't take a Sherlock Holmes to suss out a good guy... and he certainly seemed like a good ol' boy to me.  Even if I did miss his name.  If anyone around New England is looking for a new RE or Ural, V.T. Motors in Poland, ME seems like a good place to start.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 08:07:04 pm by boggy »
2007 AVL
2006 DRZ400SM

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 08:43:18 pm
That'd be William (Bill) Coffin - a fine, upstanding fellow and a bit of a niggling, nit-picking perfectionist - Hahaha!!  ;)
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!