Author Topic: Bullet in the living room.  (Read 13418 times)

VMAX

• Grease Monkey
Reply #15 on: December 05, 2007, 12:22:18 am
Sounds like your project has developed a life of its own!  :D
Ride Safe - Check 6 - REA #9
05' RE 500 Classic Bullet ES w/Cozy Bullet
Liberator Motorcycle Ministry

BanditRE

• Bulleteer
  • Use Small Words - I'm an Engineer
Reply #16 on: December 05, 2007, 02:19:24 am
Yeah its all my head right now. Unfortunately, every time I go out for a smoke and let the pooches out, I stare at the space behind the garage and 'figure out' how best to build it. I'm sure there must be something more important for the ol' noodle to be working on, but its fixed on this! One day.....
2007 Military 500ES. 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Tour Deluxe

jimborunis

• Neophyte
Reply #17 on: December 05, 2007, 02:21:25 am
I sold my wife and built my bike in the living room it is 90 degrees and relative humidity is 98% so the patio was out of the question. I posted a picture of my living room garage and yes I used the kitchen table for a work bench. Picture under retro.

LJRead

Reply #18 on: December 05, 2007, 02:44:35 am

A separate shop is important to me at least.  I built a small house for some relatives to live in.  When that didn't work out (they ended up having seven children) I converted it to a shop.  It is 24 foot square with an 8 by 12 foot rustic bath, shower and laundry.  The bath part worked out especially well for cleaning up.  I have a 24 by 12 foot machine shop on one side and a wood shop in the other half.  The bike will easily fit in the machine shop part, but I want to rig up better lighting. 

When I lived in the U.S. I converted the garage into a shop.  It was about the same size as my present one.   I also have a large carport where I keep the boats to be finished.  It will soon be converted into a meat processing plant for a new business.
I'm going to get out of boat building because of allergies to most of the materials.    Things slowly evolve around here - not much planning, just letting them happen.

It has all been done over a fifteen year period, so the cost gets spread out.  Just a step at a time is a good way to do things, then you don't get yourself upset.

BanditRE

• Bulleteer
Reply #19 on: December 05, 2007, 12:53:51 pm
A separate workshop is important to me as well. Can't have the bikes and the kids in the same place, the kids would never get any attention! Now if I was single, I could honestly see the bike in the house!

cochi

• Grease Monkey
Reply #20 on: December 05, 2007, 04:47:52 pm
Hi guys . It's been a while since I've written anything, but  I try to read the Forum every day. Yesterday I read about ,  "The Enfield in the living room". I casually mentioned this to my fiance and to my utter surprise she liked the idea!!! She loves the look of the Enfield and felt that it would look great in the alcove off of the living room. She actually wants to make an  "Enfield corner" with posters etc. If it wasn't for the Forum, I would never have even thought of this!  I'm off to buy a ramp!                    Thanks;D

BanditRE

• Bulleteer
Reply #21 on: December 05, 2007, 05:25:57 pm
She got a sister?  ;D

cochi

• Grease Monkey
Reply #22 on: December 05, 2007, 08:25:44 pm
Sorry Bandit, she only has 2 ugly brothers! I will try to post pictures of "The Enfield Corner" when it's finished. At this time I've got to pick up a ramp to get it into the house. We live in a Philadelphia "townhouse" (politically correct nomenclature for a "rowhome") and have three steps to climb to get into the living room. The bike is kept under 2 Dow bike covers in the summer and I store it in my brothers garrage during the winter. It's a bit of a pain because he lives 30 miles north of me. This way I'll be able to putter with it to my hearts content the entire winter!!!! The gods have smiled upon me!!!!  ;D cochi

mtrude

• Scooter
Reply #23 on: December 06, 2007, 12:43:47 pm
I built a Triumph 250 in the kitchen, after the parts(read complete bike) had been stored in the bedroom, Ive watched trials videos while balancing on a Ty175 Yamaha in my living room. That freedom doesnt come free, though, Ive paid my dues, over and over, and over. have fun, mtrude

BanditRE

• Bulleteer
Reply #24 on: December 06, 2007, 12:49:45 pm
Sounds like you have a winner Cochi! A bike in the living room and an understanding fairer half. The Gods have truly smiled on you! You fully realise that you'll have to remodel the kitchen because she "allowed" you to store the bike in the house, right? ;D  I'd love to see a picture when you have it all set up.

cochi

• Grease Monkey
Reply #25 on: December 06, 2007, 03:49:10 pm
Bandit, funny you should mention remodeling the kitchen. I start painting this Saturday, but in all fairness this project was in the books before the decision was made about the "Enfield corner".  Once I figure out how to use  the digital camara and feed the info into the computer I will attempt to post a picture when we are finished. I'm a bit of a moron when it comes to computers, so this may take some time. Mechanical gadgets are no problem for me,  but when it comes to electronics  I believe it' s all done with smoke, mirrors and black magic. I guess that's why I like connected with the Bullet. Cochi :)

LJRead

Reply #26 on: December 06, 2007, 06:31:00 pm

Following your lead, RagMan, I put my kayak in the front room. There may be a hurricane coming this weekend and I didn't want to bother tying it down or having it loose on the front porch.  My wife would approve this sort of thing, were she not still in the U.S., but a motorcycle?

BanditRE

• Bulleteer
Reply #27 on: December 06, 2007, 06:32:40 pm
Have some kids, Cochi, they can figure all that electronic garb out for you, then you won't have to worry about it! My four year old can program the DVR, and I don't even know what a DVR is. Came from the cable company, who knows. I thought thats what VCR's did?

exiledcarper

• Bulleteer
Reply #28 on: December 06, 2007, 07:31:02 pm

Following your lead, RagMan, I put my kayak in the front room. There may be a hurricane coming this weekend and I didn't want to bother tying it down or having it loose on the front porch.  My wife would approve this sort of thing, were she not still in the U.S., but a motorcycle?
I'll be thinking of you and yours this weekend, Larry.  Having been through Katrina, I just hope you and yours will be ok.  Please post on the forum , whenever you can and let us all know you made it through ok.  By the way, are they called hurricanes or typhoons down your way, not that it really makes a jot of difference?  Be safe and I'm sure there's many on here who look forward to hearing from you after the event.  Good luck mate!

RagMan

• Bulleteer, Uralist &
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #29 on: December 06, 2007, 07:39:44 pm
My Lady is used to my strange behavior - I like to sleep with new things I buy - so having a bike only in the living room is fine by her.
aka Indiana Bulleteer.
''99 Classic Bullet. '05 Ural Tourist sidecar rig, converted to 2wd. '05 Harley Davidson Sportster.
Jefferson County, WA