Author Topic: Bullet in the living room.  (Read 13417 times)

RagMan

• Bulleteer, Uralist &
  • Grand Gearhead
on: December 01, 2007, 03:50:17 pm
I can get working on the Bullet now - she is happily sitting in front of one of the bookcases, and looking like she should be here. I tried posting a picture, but it didn't work out. I will try to fix this later.
aka Indiana Bulleteer.
''99 Classic Bullet. '05 Ural Tourist sidecar rig, converted to 2wd. '05 Harley Davidson Sportster.
Jefferson County, WA

Thumper

• Psalm 23
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Classic Wannabe
Reply #1 on: December 01, 2007, 04:32:29 pm
The perfect answer to the cold winter season. Sit back in your easy chair with a fire going and a holiday beverage in one hand and watch the golden dancing reflections off the polished aluminum!

Now if I can just sell the wife on the idea!

Matt

LotusSevenMan

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...._[:]@==<
Reply #2 on: December 01, 2007, 05:57:43 pm
The perfect answer to the cold winter season.

Now if I can just sell the wife!

Matt

;D
If it ain't broke-------------------------- fix it 'till it is!

Royal Enfield Miltary 500cc  (2003)
Honda VTR FireStorm (SuperHawk) 996cc 'V' twin
Kawasaki KR1 250cc twin 'stroker
Ducati 916 'L' twin

hutch

• Grease Monkey
  • Til death do us part
Reply #3 on: December 01, 2007, 06:08:25 pm
The perfect answer to the cold winter season. Sit back in your easy chair with a fire going and a holiday beverage in one hand and watch the golden dancing reflections off the polished aluminum!

Matt
I have been enjoying the above description for a lot of years. You will also find yourself coming up with ideas to change the looks of the bike, or picturing things on it while your wife watches "Dancing With The Stars". You can even put a pedastal fan in front of it, hop on the bike and go for a long cruise without even starting it.   Hutch
You learn from your mistakes, and I have LEARNED a lot.

Foggy_Auggie

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: December 01, 2007, 07:24:34 pm
I have yet to find a woman who'd allow a motorcycle in the house, much less in the living room!

Regards, Foggy
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

Fortiter Et Fideliter

exiledcarper

• Bulleteer
Reply #5 on: December 01, 2007, 08:41:07 pm
after all these years, I still can't work out why they're so bloody unreasonable. :-\

indian48

• Bulleteer
Reply #6 on: December 01, 2007, 09:03:58 pm
Is it because it would too much of a physical reminder of what comes first in our affections?! ;D
If anything is worth doing, it is worth doing well

RagMan

• Bulleteer, Uralist &
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: December 01, 2007, 09:12:18 pm
Roen, my Lady, quite likes the idea, and even told me she doesn't care if I rebuild the engine on the dinner table..  What a Girl. Her comment to this thread was - quote:

"It is the Dad's problem with their daughters - if the Dads had taught the daughters properly, the wives wouldn't have a problem with it. "

So, guys, go teach your daughters the importance of freedom for males to have bikes in the house.. :) it is official, my Lady says so.
aka Indiana Bulleteer.
''99 Classic Bullet. '05 Ural Tourist sidecar rig, converted to 2wd. '05 Harley Davidson Sportster.
Jefferson County, WA

VMAX

• Grease Monkey
Reply #8 on: December 03, 2007, 01:38:07 am
Wow,  :o Bikes in the living room, engines on the dinner table, I am definitley in the wrong generation.

If I did that you would be playing taps over my rig & me  :D
Ride Safe - Check 6 - REA #9
05' RE 500 Classic Bullet ES w/Cozy Bullet
Liberator Motorcycle Ministry

t120rbullet

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #9 on: December 03, 2007, 02:01:29 am
Wow,  :o Bikes in the living room, engines on the dinner table, I am definitley in the wrong generation.

So I guess that carbs in the dishwasher and freshly painted cylinders in the oven would be out of the question eh?
CJ
1972 FLH "Sambo"
1999 Enfield 500 Black Deluxe "Silver"
2023 Guzzi V7 Special "BOB"

hutch

• Grease Monkey
  • Til death do us part
Reply #10 on: December 03, 2007, 02:56:26 pm

So I guess that carbs in the dishwasher and freshly painted cylinders in the oven would be out of the question eh?
CJ
I was lucky ,my wife loved bikes as much as me. She always painted the walls, but my high heat painted parts in the oven always smelled better to me.  Hutch
You learn from your mistakes, and I have LEARNED a lot.

BanditRE

• Bulleteer
  • Use Small Words - I'm an Engineer
Reply #11 on: December 03, 2007, 09:01:55 pm
With a wife and two daughters, I'm looking to get out of the house and spend time with the Bullet, rather than staying inside! It used to be, I'd have a say in what went on at the house, but with the three of them, I get little say now! I'm looking to build a heated utopia on the side of the garage, for me, the Bullet, Jake the dog (boy) and maybe the Suzuki if it'll fit. That way I can enjoy the RE all winter long in a small piece of heaven! Not the quite the living room, but in this case, maybe better than the living room!

I wouldn't want it any different, the wife is great and I have two adorable little girls, but I could just use some "man" space from time to time!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 12:29:24 am by BanditRE »
2007 Military 500ES. 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Tour Deluxe

Foggy_Auggie

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #12 on: December 04, 2007, 12:44:29 am
but I could just use some "man" space from time to time!

A big "roger to that"! :)

Regards, Foggy
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

Fortiter Et Fideliter

VMAX

• Grease Monkey
Reply #13 on: December 04, 2007, 01:11:05 am
BanditRE that's something we can all agree to! Hope your project works out for you. I  lost the 2 car garage to my wife. Now I have the plans for a small shop (pole-barn) for next spring. This one is located away from the house.  ;)
Ride Safe - Check 6 - REA #9
05' RE 500 Classic Bullet ES w/Cozy Bullet
Liberator Motorcycle Ministry

BanditRE

• Bulleteer
  • Use Small Words - I'm an Engineer
Reply #14 on: December 04, 2007, 12:59:11 pm
Yeah I'm hoping it works out too, VMAX! It'll be a few years coming, but darn it, its coming! The girls are still young, so as long as I have it built and ready by the time the oldest hits 10 or 11 years old, I'll be safe!

I'm thinking I should add a shower out there as well, otherwise with only one bathroom in the house, I'll never get in there...... :P
2007 Military 500ES. 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Tour Deluxe