Author Topic: Article on the new UCE engine  (Read 35048 times)

northshore_paul

• Bulleteer
  • Remember...all roads come to an end mon ami.
Reply #60 on: October 04, 2008, 05:30:25 am
Kinda late on this topic but I would have to agree with what others have said regarding the shows...don't do them, save the money and do advertising with a better payoff and keep overhead down so that we can afford the bikes, parts and accessories. I used to be a Beemer guy, started with their K100's  in '87, then the K1100's in 2000 but the expense of the new bikes, parts and mainteance drove me down to the used Beemers of the low tech variety, the Boxers of a long and venerable history. Not to mention that now the Beemers look like the bikes from the Orient, not that that is bad but just not my cup of tea. I now find myself with the Bullet, an affordable bike, affordable parts and accessories, one I can easily work on myself, a hoot to ride and a great bunch of Bulleteers, (never met any but from the forum I know they are) and that classic look and sound from yesteryear that brings back memories from my youth and makes more memories for the lazy days in the lounger sometime in the future when my leg won't swing over the bike. Keep up the good work and remember we don't need to keep up with the Starbucks crowd.
'01 Kawasaki W650
'06 Suzuki Burgman 400
'03 Bullet Classic gone to a new home
'84 BMW R100 gone to a new home
'94 Honda PC800 gone to a new home

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
Reply #61 on: October 04, 2008, 07:50:06 pm
I will know a lot more about the bikes after the importers meeting this coming Wed. You can count on me to post when I know more.
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

RAKe

• You'll Never See a Motorcycle Parked In Front of a Therapist's Office
  • Bulleteer
Reply #62 on: October 08, 2008, 04:01:08 am
With regard to exhaust system improvement, no fuel system modification SHOULD be necessary on the fuel-injected Bullets.  I have a Harley with Keihin fuel injection (the same brand as the UCE), and when I opened up the exhaust with new mufflers, the fuel injection compensated for the change.

Bob Bezin had it right!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 02:50:33 am by RAKe »
196? Triumph 500 (basket case), 1968 BSA 650 (ran, but needed work), 1976 Triumph T140V 750 (ran well -- sometimes), 2004 Harley-Davidson XL883C, 2007 Harley-Davidson FXDB