Author Topic: Performance kit reviews  (Read 8981 times)

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #15 on: February 11, 2010, 01:29:47 pm
Ace,

Is there a flatside carb that is suited for the cast iron 350?

HMR

Yes, you could use the Mikuni TM24 flatslide carb on that.
But all the Mikuni carbs use a hose to attach to a manifold stub, and don't bolt to the head with a flange.
So, you'll need to make a manifold stub for it to attach to, with a hose connection, like the 500 has, except smaller for your bike.
They also make a TM26 which might do well, if you want to use a carb that's bigger than stock size.
Home of the Fireball 535 !

ERC

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #16 on: February 19, 2010, 11:08:08 pm
Thanks Sesuna I get it now?  ERC   ;D
2-57 Apaches, 2-57 Trailblazers, 60 Chief, 65 Interceptor, 2004 Bullet, 612 Bullet chopped.

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #17 on: February 20, 2010, 04:49:08 pm
Mikuni makes a 24mm TM flat slide.. scroll down about half way,,http://www.procycle.us/carb/mikuni.htm for an example.
No matter where you go, there, you are.

catastrophe

• Bulleteer
  • Love the ride, live the life.
Reply #18 on: March 31, 2010, 03:32:08 am
I didn't read the whole post but... Don't get the shorty silencer alone, I did and broke the silencer bracket a half hour away from home. :-[ Get the exhaust pipe and silencer. Keep the stock pipes for passing the emissions testing which happens here in MD every other year.
from 69' Beetle to 09' Bullet more than a fair trade.

scoTTy

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #19 on: April 04, 2010, 12:14:30 am
hmmm looks like the flatside kit I have on the Electra..  Price has gone up a bit..

I'm running rich as I put larger jets in after cutting out the emissions thing,,was using the stock muffler,, but now have a shorty..

Running rich doesn't bother me, I will dial it in someday..  in the meantime I would rather run rich , than lean..

Havn't been able to kick start it all and only have to use the choke for about 5 seconds.

pulls GrEaT.. 1st gear 25, 2nd 45, 3rd 60..  re speedo readings that is.. ;)

bigedf150

• Scooter
Reply #20 on: April 15, 2010, 10:53:28 pm
put a kit on it B+-%ch :o

Joe28

• Grease Monkey
Reply #21 on: April 21, 2010, 01:56:44 pm
I've got a '09 Military with a Cozy side car attached to it.
It's my "commute : bike about 300 days a year.
It's also my 3rd R.E., so I'm kinda familiar with the bike. ;)
I made my own "Ace Can" and installed it.
For a muffler, I took the stock mile long one off and was trying a few different ones.
Currently I have a "Cherry Bomb" car muffler painted flat black, (goes good with the Camo bike) :), with a down spout on the end to kinda "shut it up".
I (believe) I stepped up the main jet 3 sizes, the pilot 2? and the needle 1 step.
I had gotten rid of the MILE long intake track before the can and tried a cone airfilter from K&N, cut the bottom out of the stock box and installed a foam filter, (ala off road bikes) before the can.
For mufflers I tried a Harley Sportster shorty, a older R.E. preformace muffler,a straight pipe, (WOW! :o it was loud), a Vance and Hines muffler from a Kawi 1500 and then the Cherry bomb.
With the free(er) flowing muffler and re jetted, you can feel the difference pulling hills, off the line.
But, when I added the "Joe Theis" Can", it now pulls hills in 5th instead of down shifting.
So, it really makes a difference.
This winter I think I'll have enough miles to re-ring it, I may do some mild porting top the head! ;)
The bike comes from India really lean, so jetting it really helps, plus it's soooo choked up between the intake and the muffler, it won't get out of it's own way. I STRONGLY suggest a better airfilter and free(er) flowing muffler. Plus, it'll run cooler! The ones our host have are great MADE for our bikes. :)
Joe's disclaimer-
Look! :) :) if my bike wasn't a "Work  Bike", a Military where it doesn't have to be, "Chrome-shiney" and I wasn't a cheap S.O.B., I'd bought the REAL muffler and can, but hey, it's rig! ;D
Joe
It's an En field, it's easy to work on! :-*

1 Thump

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #22 on: July 24, 2010, 12:13:31 am
hmmm looks like the flatside kit I have on the Electra..  Price has gone up a bit..

pulls GrEaT.. 1st gear 25, 2nd 45, 3rd 60..  re speedo readings that is.. ;)

That would be Kmph, not mph. Right ?

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #23 on: July 24, 2010, 02:09:21 am
I've got a '09 Military with a Cozy side car attached to it.
It's my "commute : bike about 300 days a year.
It's also my 3rd R.E., so I'm kinda familiar with the bike. ;)
I made my own "Ace Can" and installed it.
For a muffler, I took the stock mile long one off and was trying a few different ones.
Currently I have a "Cherry Bomb" car muffler painted flat black, (goes good with the Camo bike) :), with a down spout on the end to kinda "shut it up".
I (believe) I stepped up the main jet 3 sizes, the pilot 2? and the needle 1 step.
I had gotten rid of the MILE long intake track before the can and tried a cone airfilter from K&N, cut the bottom out of the stock box and installed a foam filter, (ala off road bikes) before the can.
For mufflers I tried a Harley Sportster shorty, a older R.E. preformace muffler,a straight pipe, (WOW! :o it was loud), a Vance and Hines muffler from a Kawi 1500 and then the Cherry bomb.
With the free(er) flowing muffler and re jetted, you can feel the difference pulling hills, off the line.
But, when I added the "Joe Theis" Can", it now pulls hills in 5th instead of down shifting.
So, it really makes a difference.
This winter I think I'll have enough miles to re-ring it, I may do some mild porting top the head! ;)
The bike comes from India really lean, so jetting it really helps, plus it's soooo choked up between the intake and the muffler, it won't get out of it's own way. I STRONGLY suggest a better airfilter and free(er) flowing muffler. Plus, it'll run cooler! The ones our host have are great MADE for our bikes. :)
Joe's disclaimer-
Look! :) :) if my bike wasn't a "Work  Bike", a Military where it doesn't have to be, "Chrome-shiney" and I wasn't a cheap S.O.B., I'd bought the REAL muffler and can, but hey, it's rig! ;D
Joe
It's an En field, it's easy to work on! :-*

I like your style!  ;D
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!