Author Topic: Please Clarify my doubt  (Read 3122 times)

rajactech

• Scooter
on: February 05, 2010, 11:41:22 am
I have some idea about UCE that it will have fuel injection system and Cast Iron engine will have carburetor insted of Fuel Injection system...can anyone please tell me the difference in UCE,AVL and Cast Iron engine and some detail about Electronic Fuel injection system ::)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 01:14:09 pm by rajactech »
-Raja

1980 RE STD 350

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 01:46:47 pm
First,the cast iron barrel engine is a different engine design than the AVL.
They may share some similar appearance, and there may be some parts compatibility, but the actual engine design of the AVL is more modern, and quite different in many respects.

The  UCE is completely different from either the cast iron barrel engine or the AVL.
It's different in virtually every respect, except that it still retains  84mm x 90mm bore and stroke dimensions.

A carburetor works on engine demand and throttle position to allow air and fuel to be drawn into the engine.
A fuel injection system uses a computer and sensors to determine the throttle position and the engine demand, and squirts the correct amount of fuel into the  inlet port to be correct for those conditions.

A fuel injection system is generally considered to be more precise, and can be tightly controlled, so it can be better for emission control, and economy, and also can be better for power. But, being controlled by a computer, it's not easy for the rider to make any real changes in the fuel mixture, if he wanted to change it himself.
The carburetor allows the user to make his own changes easily.

Home of the Fireball 535 !

mbevo1

• Grand Gearhead
  • Mike and Stumpy
Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 01:55:22 pm
Iron-lung:  points ignition/mechanical advance, slide carb - adjust as required/as you please.
AVL: electronic ignition (CDI?), CV carb - less adjustments required/possible.
UCE: electronic everything, with sensors and a confuser (computer) to control it all...

Mike and Stumpy in Michigan
'07 Classic - Stumpy
'10 C5 Military - Sherman

rajactech

• Scooter
Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 02:25:48 pm
thanks to Ace.Cafe and Mbevo1  :) :)
-Raja

1980 RE STD 350

chinoy

• Bulleteer
Reply #4 on: February 07, 2010, 06:20:58 am
Raj why are you asking these questions ?
If its because your thinking of buying a bullet.
Then the answer is simple.

Get the UCE

rajactech

• Scooter
Reply #5 on: February 08, 2010, 02:44:54 am
Raj why are you asking these questions ?
If its because your thinking of buying a bullet.
Then the answer is simple.

Get the UCE

bro I already bought STD 350 bike..
-Raja

1980 RE STD 350

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #6 on: February 08, 2010, 06:39:47 pm
Raj - I have a longing for an Iron Barrel 350cc bike - all the while surrounded by the newest and best that RE has to offer. The Iron Barrel bike takes a big personal investment from its owner to adjust it to run at its best - this is the challenge to ME. The UCE bikes are far and again better riders than the Iron Barrel bikes - everything is nearly perfect! A well-tuned and good running Iron bike will give the owner very much satisfaction if, indeed, the owner did all the tuning. You might say that I like to take what is good and make it better!!
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!