Author Topic: Any gun collectors here?  (Read 5756 times)

rideOn

• Grand Gearhead
  • And on the eighth day, God said...."Let's Ride."
Reply #15 on: February 08, 2010, 02:31:44 am
used to have a few oddities like iver-johnson and jc higgins. only thing now is a 'situation changer' that fits in the palm   ;).   i dig old western guns so i'm thinking of a colt 45 or two. maybe a 38-40, 38-55 or the like. just for kicks
'82 gs850gl
'08 v-star 650 classic

1Blackwolf1

• Grand Gearhead
  • Looking for the next rebuild project....
Reply #16 on: February 08, 2010, 06:53:49 am
  I have three copy cap and ball revolvers.  A model 1860 Navy, a New Model Army 1861, and a cattlemans' carbine.  All .44 and fun as heck to shoot.  My favorite of them is my Cattlemens Carbine.  Fun to shoot and let the smoke clear.
Will Morrison
2007 500 Military
2000 Kawasaki Drifter 1500
2000 Victory V92SC
1976 Suzuki GT185 Rebuilder Special..AKA (Junkyard Dog)
Many, many other toys.
The garage is full.

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #17 on: February 08, 2010, 03:27:51 pm
  I have three copy cap and ball revolvers.  A model 1860 Navy, a New Model Army 1861, and a cattlemans' carbine.  All .44 and fun as heck to shoot.  My favorite of them is my Cattlemens Carbine.  Fun to shoot and let the smoke clear.

I just LOVE those old cap and ball revolvers! The "rolling thunder" sound .... the smoke - and the ever-present danger of accidentally lighting off the charge in the adjacent hole .... ! It's KINDA like an Iron Barrel .... Hahaha!!
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!

1Blackwolf1

• Grand Gearhead
  • Looking for the next rebuild project....
Reply #18 on: February 08, 2010, 07:23:00 pm
I just LOVE those old cap and ball revolvers! The "rolling thunder" sound .... the smoke - and the ever-present danger of accidentally lighting off the charge in the adjacent hole .... ! It's KINDA like an Iron Barrel .... Hahaha!!

Did that spontaneous fire with an old .36 cal dragoon.  Didn't put enough grease over the charge in the next chamber.  WOWZAA.. that'll make your day. :o :o.  But never quite got over the fun of swinging a 4# (or better) shooting iron.  But yes primitive fun..just like an iron lung.

Will.
Will Morrison
2007 500 Military
2000 Kawasaki Drifter 1500
2000 Victory V92SC
1976 Suzuki GT185 Rebuilder Special..AKA (Junkyard Dog)
Many, many other toys.
The garage is full.

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #19 on: February 08, 2010, 08:10:59 pm
Heeheehee! Combustion at its FINEST! Gotta love it .....  ;D
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!

Lahti35

• Currently Enfield-less!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • The Department of Redundancy Deptartment.
Reply #20 on: February 09, 2010, 01:56:50 am

Ditto, have a repro 1858 Remington and 1861 Springfield musket..... Black powder rocks!
'03 Ex-Electric start 500....gone but not forgotten...

I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!

robth100

• Scooter
Reply #21 on: February 09, 2010, 11:38:33 pm
My gun/militaria collection is what led me to Royal Enfields.  Been collecting Canadian/British WWII and WWI militaria for about 10 years now.  Primarily anything associated with your average infantryman.  Lots of uniforms, equipment, personal items, photos, field phones, etc.  That of course spun off to weapons.  Right now that consists of 8 Lee Enfields of various marks and configurations, Inglis Hi Power, MKVI Webley,  No.2 Enfield, PIAT, SA Bren, M1 Garand, M1 Carbine and a couple others.  Got turned on the RE's after seeing so many cool dispatch rider bikes in my research books.  Don't have the patience for a vintage bike (or wallet) so the 500 Classic fit the bill.  Bought it used in December and patiently waiting for nice weather here in the north east to finally get to ride it.  It's torture as its currently resting warmly in my walkout basement so I pass it every time I leave the house!  If anyone as militaria you're looking to part with, send me a note.