Author Topic: Ever went on bullet for a date??  (Read 3288 times)

rajactech

• Scooter
on: February 02, 2010, 01:49:28 pm
If so please share your experince ;)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 01:53:36 pm by rajactech »
-Raja

1980 RE STD 350

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 02:18:15 pm
The old Iron Barrel is a favourite "escape vehicle" for my lovely significant other and I. We have been to dinner, been camping and just been riding on it. The docile nature of the ride and overall "warm and fuzzies" that come from riding a well tuned Iron Barrel lends itself to good conversation and stopping often beside the road to look at interesting things.
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!

rajactech

• Scooter
Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 02:25:48 pm
The old Iron Barrel is a favourite "escape vehicle" for my lovely significant other and I. We have been to dinner, been camping and just been riding on it. The docile nature of the ride and overall "warm and fuzzies" that come from riding a well tuned Iron Barrel lends itself to good conversation and stopping often beside the road to look at interesting things.
Nice :)
-Raja

1980 RE STD 350

1Blackwolf1

• Grand Gearhead
  • Looking for the next rebuild project....
Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 02:50:59 pm
  We take our 2 Enfields and often go on picnics to little parks in the area.  Wifey on her stunning red Electra, me on my military workhorse w/trailer.  Makes an interesting sight.  Had a couple stop last year at a little park we were at to check out our RE's..they were putting along on an Ariel Square 4.

Had enough fried chicken and hot coffee to share.  You meet such nice people on older model Brit bikes. ;D ;D ;D

Will.
Will Morrison
2007 500 Military
2000 Kawasaki Drifter 1500
2000 Victory V92SC
1976 Suzuki GT185 Rebuilder Special..AKA (Junkyard Dog)
Many, many other toys.
The garage is full.

The Garbone

• Shade Tree
  • Grand Gearhead
  • User Complaints: 22
Reply #4 on: February 02, 2010, 03:10:36 pm
I have not taken my wife for a spin on the RE since December and she has mentioned it once or twice.  She loves going for spins around town, to the movies and dinner and such...   We have even strapped an overnight bad on the thing and taken it to the beach for the weekend..  Pretty cool leaving everything behind like that..
Gary
57' RE Crusader 250
67' Ford Mustang
74' Catalina 27 "Knot a Clew"
95 RE Ace Clubman 535
01 HD 1200 Custom
07 RE 5spd HaCK

* all actions described in this post are fictional *

Bug_Catcher

• Bulleteer
  • Finally... something exciting between my legs.
Reply #5 on: February 02, 2010, 05:36:31 pm
When I was in Tokyo a boy picked me up for a date on his Royal Enfield 350.  It was the first time I had been on one.  It broke down a few blocks from home and I had to help him push it back.  :P

He got it fixed and we went everywhere on that thing.  Used to cross rainbow bridge over the bay to this island called Odaiba to ride the ferris wheel and roll around on the beach.  Best time I ever had with a guy and his bike!  Felt like I was 16 again.  He was 7 years my junior too, which may have been part of it.  Instead of fancy dinners he'd take me to the arcade hahaa

bob bezin

• Grand Gearhead
  • I ride therefore I am.
Reply #6 on: February 02, 2010, 06:40:20 pm
In the summertime the wife and i go about once a week on a cruise 50 to 200 miles  we think of these dates as mini vacations. , exploring new places here in the wis driftless area. coming upon a grand vista as we cross over a hill ...  oh gee another 6 or7  weeks of winter. oh well back to the rides in the photo gallery.. 
2000 RE classic ,              56 matchless g80
2006 RE delux fireball       86 yamaha SRX 600                       
2015 indian chief vintage
65 500cctriumph
04 bonnie black
71 750 norton.
48 whizzer

RGT

• Grand Gearhead
  • '94 350 Bullet
Reply #7 on: February 03, 2010, 10:15:14 am
Took my wife up along a rdige that runs behind our neighborhood the other night as a thunderstorm was approaching, it was beatiful with the lightening just pounding the area, Pretoria has some of the highest number of groundstrikes I am told. We got back into the garage about 5 mins before the storm reached us.

Lahti35

• Currently Enfield-less!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • The Department of Redundancy Deptartment.
Reply #8 on: February 03, 2010, 05:33:38 pm
Have yet to convince my wife to hop on that pillion seat. She's kinda a comfort first lady and that dinky rear seat doesn't do much for her :P She just likes to yell at me when I ride without my leather jacket and swears i'm doing 90mph when i go by the house cause of that 50's style exhaust ;D
'03 Ex-Electric start 500....gone but not forgotten...

I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!

PaulF

• Grease Monkey
Reply #9 on: February 03, 2010, 05:48:13 pm
I went with the solo seat just to have an excuse NOT to take my wife. Sorry honey, no room.  8)

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
  • Royal Enfield , Let the good times roll.
Reply #10 on: February 03, 2010, 09:13:17 pm
Well ,I'm not as good looking as I used to be. I didn't go to  a "loser seat" (solo) for hopes on getting a girl to ride . Truth is most , would rather enjoy the heated cab of my old Ford pickup.
Yep ,35*f is not appealing to most .....but I do enjoy the best summer in the world.
2008 ( AVL) Classic Bullet in British Racing Green
REA member # 84  (inactive)

jest2dogs

• Grease Monkey
Reply #11 on: February 04, 2010, 07:19:44 am
The first summer I had the Bullet (2006) I scavenged some old nylon rain pants and the winter warmies for me wife and we drove 50+ miles to Port Townsend for a great Thai dinner.

She was barely broken in (the bike that is :O) so we often pulled over to the shoulder and let the faster traffic pass. The road is mostly two lane but it is the only road on/off the Olympic Peninsula, so traffic moves at a clip.

Actually, it was my wife's first "long" trip on the bike, she'd been on jaunts around town but this was the big deal for her. I guess it was her "breaking in", too.

Dinner was great, but that ride back was dark and chilly. I was not really bothered, having logged many a similar mile, but I was concerned for my honey's comfort and safety. I did not want to have her outing go sour.

She was a great trooper. No parts fell off either the bike nor my wife. The bike didn't overheat and my wife didn't freeze. But that dang 7" headlight is non-adjustable and, though my wife weighs less than 110# the beam did little to light the way other than to piss off oncoming traffic (yep, the shocks were turned up, too).

We've since ridden logging roads to clearcut vistas and fire lookouts and, this past October, a last of the season ride to view fall colors. It was 46F when we left, but 40F on the way back. Again a trooper, so I took her out for a hot Mexican meal for a warmup.

Over dinner I thanked her for being a "good trooper" and she replied with a smile, "You just couldn't hear what I was saying inside my helmet."

-Jesse
P.S. On one off-road trip we hit a pothole and Barb did a "Flying W" above the pillion. When she landed she hit so hard she broke the seat (since repaired) but she soldiered on. I am a very lucky man to have such a forgiving wife. :O)

"Ennie" 2006 RE Bullet Classic 500 (currently undergoing a facelift)
Commuter Scooter Commuted to "Otherside"
"Geezer" 2007 Moto Guzzi Breva 750 died and reborn as yet, un-named, 2005 Moto Guzzi Breva 750,
and...the newest stablemate, also un-named, my crazy Russian 2015 Ural cT.

rajactech

• Scooter
Reply #12 on: February 04, 2010, 10:20:37 am
The first summer I had the Bullet (2006) I scavenged some old nylon rain pants and the winter warmies for me wife and we drove 50+ miles to Port Townsend for a great Thai dinner.

She was barely broken in (the bike that is :O) so we often pulled over to the shoulder and let the faster traffic pass. The road is mostly two lane but it is the only road on/off the Olympic Peninsula, so traffic moves at a clip.

Actually, it was my wife's first "long" trip on the bike, she'd been on jaunts around town but this was the big deal for her. I guess it was her "breaking in", too.

Dinner was great, but that ride back was dark and chilly. I was not really bothered, having logged many a similar mile, but I was concerned for my honey's comfort and safety. I did not want to have her outing go sour.

She was a great trooper. No parts fell off either the bike nor my wife. The bike didn't overheat and my wife didn't freeze. But that dang 7" headlight is non-adjustable and, though my wife weighs less than 110# the beam did little to light the way other than to piss off oncoming traffic (yep, the shocks were turned up, too).

We've since ridden logging roads to clearcut vistas and fire lookouts and, this past October, a last of the season ride to view fall colors. It was 46F when we left, but 40F on the way back. Again a trooper, so I took her out for a hot Mexican meal for a warmup.

Over dinner I thanked her for being a "good trooper" and she replied with a smile, "You just couldn't hear what I was saying inside my helmet."

-Jesse
P.S. On one off-road trip we hit a pothole and Barb did a "Flying W" above the pillion. When she landed she hit so hard she broke the seat (since repaired) but she soldiered on. I am a very lucky man to have such a forgiving wife. :O)

You are luck to have kind wife and thanks for sharing your experience it was really nice and romantic :)
-Raja

1980 RE STD 350