Author Topic: What's your cleaning routine?  (Read 9350 times)

Emmet

• Tampa Bay Piper
  • Scooter
Reply #15 on: December 10, 2007, 07:11:35 am
I virtually never wash my bike, and try to avoid getting rained upon whenever possible.
Instead I use a pump spray automotive degreaser and rags.
I like Boeshield T9 instead of WD-40; it's actually made for long-term protection for aircraft applications; I think it lasts longer. As someone's already mentioned, get it into all the nooks & crannies.
Armor-All can make your saddle slick. When I was a Paramedic, once in a while some rookie would Armor-All the bench seat; you'd slide right off when the ambulance turned the corner.
Meguiar's makes an excellent cleaner wax for the paintwork and leather cleaner for the saddle, pillion & saddlebags.
I use Mother's Back to Black Bumper & Trim Dressing on the black plastic stems of my aftermarket turn signals; keeps it looking new, and Mother's Billet Metal Polish on my aluminium forks and cases, and chromework too. Chrome is hard, I don't worry about the polish, but the Enfield chrome is thin; don't allow rust to ever gain a foothold.

LotusSevenMan

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...._[:]@==<
Reply #16 on: December 10, 2007, 09:32:30 pm
Emmet

"Chrome is hard, I don't worry about the polish, but the Enfield chrome is thin"

I thought it was just thin to save weight!!!!!  ::)
If it ain't broke-------------------------- fix it 'till it is!

Royal Enfield Miltary 500cc  (2003)
Honda VTR FireStorm (SuperHawk) 996cc 'V' twin
Kawasaki KR1 250cc twin 'stroker
Ducati 916 'L' twin