Author Topic: 7" light and DOT  (Read 6197 times)

Cabo Cruz

• Papa Juan
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #15 on: February 25, 2010, 08:30:27 pm
Br. Thump, I get low and high beam (when I switch, of course) on my 2004 Sixty-5's 7" Tri-Bar... and, as Gary said, the halogen bulb is very bright even on the low beam setting... you'll enjoy the fruits of your labor!
Long live the Bullets and those who ride them!

Keep the shiny side up, the boots on the pegs and best REgards,

Papa Juan

REA:    Member No. 119
BIKE:   2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5
NAME: Perla

Blltrdr

• Grand Gearhead
  • cycle-delic music
Reply #16 on: February 25, 2010, 08:41:09 pm
When I switch from low to high or back, I get the "very low" - pitch dark... :o

I don't have a three-prong plug on my '07... it has three individual wires.  If I recall correctly, I have orange on the left, green in the middle and blue on the right...

Mike and Stumpy in Michigan

It sounds as if your wires might be mixed up. I had that happen on mine. I just switched them around until they where bright and brighter.
2003 Classic 500 5 spd
2009 HD FLHT Police 103 6 spd
1992 Kawasaki ZG 1200 Voyager XII

enfield freddy

• Grand Gearhead
  • old man riding an old bike
Reply #17 on: February 25, 2010, 09:23:22 pm
the wiring is left =high top=low right=common (earth)

if you mix the common and the high , then the circit runs thru both fillimants and produces a dim light  if you mix , the low and high wires you switch will be reversed .

you "should" be able to get the matching plug , to extend your loom from an auto shop , or a car breakers  

most bikes (in the UK) have a smaller pilot light below the main bulb , dating back to the days when we had to leave a light on , when parked at night , not sure about the american bikes , but in europe the switch has off/side (pilot)/headlamp , then the dip/main switch alongside

again , in the UK , we drive/ride on the left , (most of europe is on the right) , and as such our lights dip and cutoff to the left ,

« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 09:37:45 pm by enfield freddy »
arthritis hurts at my age!

baird4444

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2003 ES 500... 38,416 miles, I'm done
Reply #18 on: February 26, 2010, 08:28:36 pm
when I did my halogen conversion I had to swap
the green and the blue for it to be correct.
          - Mike
'My dear you are ugly,
 but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly'
 - Winston Churchill

enfield freddy

• Grand Gearhead
  • old man riding an old bike
Reply #19 on: February 26, 2010, 08:32:37 pm
blue = high beam

green = low beam

if the wires were reversed , the dip setting on the switch would put the high setting on , and the high would light the low beam
arthritis hurts at my age!

1 Thump

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #20 on: March 09, 2010, 05:47:30 pm
The headlight turns on when the ignition key is turned on. Is there a way to disable that feature.

UncleErnie

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #21 on: March 09, 2010, 07:06:12 pm
Probably the same as the stock casquette;  remove the 3 inch jumper cable inside with all the wiring.  Just unplugs and the wires left in there plug back into each other.
Run what ya brung

1 Thump

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #22 on: March 09, 2010, 07:56:33 pm
Probably the same as the stock casquette;  remove the 3 inch jumper cable inside with all the wiring.  Just unplugs and the wires left in there plug back into each other.

Is 'the stock casquette' the module into which the headlight fits.

UncleErnie

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #23 on: March 10, 2010, 02:17:05 am
Yeah- or call it the cowl.  Right behind the stock light is a relatively thick cable- mine is encased in what looks like corrugated pipe like they use to drain yards.  (I'm going by memory...)  Anyway, right in the middle is about 3 inches and each end has square plastic plugs, or connectors.  Just take that piece out and connect the cable so there's no interruption.
I don't know why, but that will make it so you have to push the botton to turn you HL on -or off.
I haven't put the light you have on, so I don't know what you did with all those wires that wee hidden behind the stock set-up.
Run what ya brung

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
No matter where you go, there, you are.

1 Thump

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #26 on: March 17, 2010, 04:40:41 pm
7" tri-bar halogen:The best 50 dollars I spent on the bike. It looks really kool, and is pretty bright. It also turns on when I flick the switch.

Thanks for the help.