Author Topic: Long time lurker, Lusting after a Royal Enfield Trials EFI  (Read 2188 times)

krusty

• Bulleteer
I've been lurking for a while now and only registered recently, I am dead set on getting onto a RE in the near future, I have my eye on the new UCE engined Trials model in black, I am very lucky to have a dealer nearby who hasn't told me to clear off yet, even though I keep popping in every other week just to drool over thier great line up. I will buy one soon but funds are low at present after a recent house move,
I currently ride a Suzuki V-Strom DL1000 and a GSX-R750, the 750 may have to go to fund the new bike.
In the past I have had mainly roadsters, only recently picking up the sporty number as a winter ride for commuting between Kent and Essex (south east UK). The V-Strom is very definately the best all rounder I have owned to date, with touring/camping and summer commuting being it's main use.
I have enjoyed motorcycling for the last 12 years or so and have always been a self confesed plodder, And there being so many great roads in my local area, I can confidently say that a RE Trials would make perfect transport on the country lanes and single track.
I hope to glean some more information from these hallowed pages before making my purchase, til then happy Bulleteering folks.
Krusty

2015 RE Continental GT - Black
2016 RE Classic 500 - Lagoon Blue

birdmove

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 11:12:36 pm

Welcome. I have an '07 "iron barrel" model. Also a 2006 HD XL883 and my 2007 Yamaha XT225 dual sport. I can't speak to the newer, redesigned models with the unit construction engine and fuel injection etc. But hang out here a while and you'll learn a bunch.

Sounds like you should keep your 'Strom.

Jon
Jon in Keaau, Hawaii

UncleErnie

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 02:34:34 am
Is this model you speak of called the "Woodsman".  If so, it has some intersting bits, but we don't get that model here.   We have to get a kit of after-market parts to assemble- including an aluminium tank. 

Post a picture of your dream bike.
Run what ya brung

krusty

• Bulleteer
Reply #3 on: January 29, 2010, 07:52:48 pm
No, not the Woodsman, thats another model that we are lucky enough to get in Blighty.
Heres a link to the uk RE site: http://royal-enfield.com/trialsgallery.html
This is the gallery page for the Trials model.

Yes, your right Jon, the Stroms not going anywhere, love that to much, real good all round bike, Plenty of stomp from that vee twin, comfy and handles very nicely.
Krusty

1Blackwolf1

• Grand Gearhead
  • Looking for the next rebuild project....
Reply #4 on: January 29, 2010, 08:07:33 pm
  Now that's one nice looking machine.  Welcome aboard.
Will Morrison
2007 500 Military
2000 Kawasaki Drifter 1500
2000 Victory V92SC
1976 Suzuki GT185 Rebuilder Special..AKA (Junkyard Dog)
Many, many other toys.
The garage is full.

cochi

• Grease Monkey
Reply #5 on: January 30, 2010, 01:43:30 am
WOW!! That is a handsome machine! Wish it was available in here the States. cochi

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #6 on: January 30, 2010, 04:04:44 pm
Welcome aboard krusty,

No matter where you go, there, you are.

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
Reply #7 on: January 30, 2010, 06:09:46 pm
We would never dare make the mods for this bike for sale in the US. Parts yes but not the  bike. It would be as illegal as could be here.
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

krusty

• Bulleteer
Reply #8 on: January 30, 2010, 06:47:02 pm
seems strange, what would go against it being legal?
Krusty