Author Topic: New Royal Enfield 'Woodsman' at the National Exhibition Centre Nove 07 UK  (Read 3448 times)

LotusSevenMan

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...._[:]@==<
Large UK bike show.
Forums I've read so far seem to suggest that we Brits don't like this.
The exhaust bracket supporting the rear can in unreal in its crude design and how can it be a 'Woodsman'? It isn't even shod with knobbly tyres (tires!) like a traily.
Street cruiser maskerading as a trail bike?

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2076/2069637108_30c50d6a0a.jpg
If it ain't broke-------------------------- fix it 'till it is!

Royal Enfield Miltary 500cc  (2003)
Honda VTR FireStorm (SuperHawk) 996cc 'V' twin
Kawasaki KR1 250cc twin 'stroker
Ducati 916 'L' twin

stipa

• Grease Monkey
Put some knobblies on it and a tow bit on the back;  17 tooth sprocket;  you can drag logs out of the woods.

RagMan

• Bulleteer, Uralist &
  • Grand Gearhead
At least all the bad examples roaming around are showing me what not to build. :)
aka Indiana Bulleteer.
''99 Classic Bullet. '05 Ural Tourist sidecar rig, converted to 2wd. '05 Harley Davidson Sportster.
Jefferson County, WA

cyrusb

• Kept man
  • Grand Gearhead
  • There's a last time for everything
Pretty funny, did you notice that it has rearsets?
2005E Fixed and or Replaced: ignition, fenders,chainguard,wires,carb,headlight,seat,tailight,sprockets,chain,shock springs,fork springs, exhaust system, horn,shifter,clutch arm, trafficators,crankcase vent.

Thumper

• Psalm 23
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Classic Wannabe
Large UK bike show.
Forums I've read so far seem to suggest that we Brits don't like this.
The exhaust bracket supporting the rear can in unreal in its crude design and how can it be a 'Woodsman'? It isn't even shod with knobbly tyres (tires!) like a traily.
Street cruiser maskerading as a trail bike?

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2076/2069637108_30c50d6a0a.jpg

I love the looks of this, especially since my options are limited for Electra X customizations. From the right side it looks pretty nice - especially the way high exhaust wraps around the front of the engine and runs thru the sidecover! There's another photo of it in the UCE article I just referenced in a post over in the Campfire section.

As far as it being a poseur, that's OK with me. That's all I really am on my Electra X anyway. My Electra X is not a real British thumper and it's not a vintage motorcycle. But it looks good, runs great and sounds even better.

It's really subjective. I'm interested to see what WS will charge for the kit.

Matt