Author Topic: RE/ Classic Motorworks at Cycle World International MC Show?  (Read 2410 times)

Big Kid

• Scooter
Greetings All,
Does anyone know if RE will have presence at the Cycle World International show in Minneapolis?
I have been lurking on this site for a long time and very close to purchasing a G5 Deluxe.
Thanks to all of you for the wealth of information provided in your posts.
After 35 years of riding just about everything Japan, Germany and Italy has to offer, I find myself wanting a bike that  brings me back to what I fell in love with when I started riding so long ago; Simplicity, freedom and pure joy.

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 03:54:33 pm
That sounds a lot like my bike journey, this new Royal Enfield will bring you home to what you like best about riding.
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

motomataya

• Grease Monkey
Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 04:58:02 pm
Yes RE will be at the Minneapolis show.

clubman

• Grease Monkey
Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 05:43:12 pm
Having just got back from a 50 mile ride on my Clubman today I can definitely recommend an EFI. I personally have had no problems whatever but then at 680 miles that's as I would expect it. More telling is that it feels robust and reliable. I definitely have a lot of trust in it. Again, at 680 miles I haven't yet realised its full performance potential but close enough to draw conclusions I think. I held 70 for a mile or so for the first time today and it will clearly do this all day if you wish. The vibration wasn't an issue either but I still prefer 60-65. As I read somewhere recently "you're not going to lose your licence with it but that's why I bought it." Frankly the whole riding experience is so relaxing with the unstressed torquey engine that you don't want to race anyone anyway. It has character, great looks, great sound, superb fuel consumption - which I think will be increasingly important in the very near future - and takes you back to why you liked bikes in the first place. I should add that the more familiar I get with it the more I think the handling is really excellent. Though some Hagon rear shocks might improve ride quality enough to justify an early purchase. Just be prepared to give it some TLC; I wouldn't say the finish is exactly bad but its not the best either.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 05:46:55 pm by clubman »