Author Topic: The BEST single cylinder bike RE has ever made - Zigwheels Reviews Classic 500  (Read 4475 times)

singhg5

• Grand Gearhead
Now that Classic 500 and 350 bikes are available in India, here is link to its review in an Indian Auto / Motorcycle web site.  It gets rave reviews.

http://www.zigwheels.com/Reviews/Royal-Enfield-Bullet-Classic-500-Spunky-Thumper/Royal_20100120-1-3

« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 06:07:43 am by singhg5 »
1970's Jawa /  Yezdi
2006 Honda Nighthawk
2009 Royal Enfield Black G5

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Good article, that is exactly the way I feel about my little red C5!
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

exiledcarper

• Bulleteer
Nice kickstart. Should have been included on the export versiion.

chinoy

• Bulleteer
Nice O2 sensor you got there.
Should have been included in the local version.
Want to swap ? LOL

Yeah man all the Auto Rags here are giving the bike rave reviews.
The Toy boys on their plastic fully faired 150cc race bikes are going to get tired off being passed by old men on bullets.

I see a huge spike in RE sales in the year to come.

coolgoose2

• confused soul
  • Scooter
Hi folks

Sorry to butt in with a counter point. But it is too early to go GAGA over the Indian version of Classic 500 yet.  Here is one owner's review of it.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/73998-re-500-classic-3900k-ownership-review.html

I have gifted my self a Std-350 with CI engine some five months back.   After the launch of the Classic in India in November, I was tempted to dump my 350 and book a new Classic 500.  But after hearing some ownership reviews, I am more than happy to stick to my Ironhide..

regards
 :) :) :)

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Welcome to the forum ! I don't know about the indian bike but my U.S. version is one fine motorcycle.
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

Corbin

• Dare To Be You!
  • Scooter
I have become acquanited with a few lads living in India who say that the poor paint is due to humidity.  Still, for the money spent on this bike, it is still a great bargain.  My biggest complaint is that they removed the kick stand.  I am looking into getting the side panel for the right side sent over from India so that a kick start can be installed... however, I need to find out if the yoke is present in the N. American & EU versions before I do.  No point wasting money.

As for rust, I have noticed that the Bazooka silence is looking worse for wear behind the protective heat resistant shield.  It rains constantly in Ireland, so no surprise.  It is actually holding up much better than my previous Kawasaki or Moto Guzzi... so on that note, si la vie.

Ride: 2009 Black Royal Enfield Bullet Classic EFI
Name: Betty-Ann