Author Topic: Honest answers only Please. Top Speed done on the UCE  (Read 19962 times)

HMR

• Scooter
Reply #45 on: February 09, 2010, 04:28:57 am
what road and for how long. Did you feel the bike was stable / ride-able ?
If yes thats good news for me.
It could also be the quality of the roads.

Chennai to Krishnagiri highway top speed was 122 kph sustained for about 3 minutes at a time. Vibrations from handlebar and footpegs was quite pronounced but no twitchiness in handling. Sweet spot seemed to be at 100-110 kph where the C5 felt it could sit there all day long. Huge, huge difference in touring on the C5 as compared to the cast iron 500 or the LB 500.

HMR

chinoy

• Bulleteer
Reply #46 on: February 09, 2010, 09:12:28 am
Yeah found the same my self the sweet spot is 100-110
Its after this that I have issues.
At 100 it starts to feel un-comfortable.
By 110 its telling you very clearly I dont wish to be pushed any more.

Honestly Ive not had the balls to push it past this.
Partly because I haven't finished the run in. And partly because I dont think its safe.

Not tried it on any highway. Just regular Bangalore Ring Road.
It would seem its easier to go faster in 4th rather than trying to push 5th.

Arjun

• Scooter
Reply #47 on: February 10, 2010, 08:27:39 am
Chinoy and HMR, whats the mileage on your bikes? Chinoy, separate question, does the unswept exhaust improve performance?

Thanks in advance.

BTW regarding my previous post: I was driving on NH9 between Hyderabad to Delhi. I believe its part of the golden quad, therefore the road quality was excellent.

HMR

• Scooter
Reply #48 on: February 11, 2010, 04:44:14 am
Chinoy and HMR, whats the mileage on your bikes? Chinoy, separate question, does the unswept exhaust improve performance?

Thanks in advance.

32 kpl approx, 1200 km on the odo, with the upswept exhaust.

Chinoy, perhaps bracing the subframe could improve your bikes handling... just a thought

HMR

chinoy

• Bulleteer
Reply #49 on: February 12, 2010, 12:14:45 pm
Got busted by the cops for speading.
128 Kmph two up on the Bangalore Airport road.
Ok it was DOWNHILL  :D

First he said fine is Rs 350/- then he asked for my Licence and pappers.
I knew that would go on my record. So told him I dont have any licence and pappers with me.

He took what cash I had and told me to get lost.

It would seem type of Road plays a critical role in stablity.
This is a new road and quality is better than most.

Senadin

• Neophyte
Reply #50 on: June 07, 2010, 03:39:00 am
It's been a while since the last post.

As there been any changes?

The reason i am asking is because i am contemplating buying a C5 2010 military version.

I DO know that they arent made for speed. However considering it is a 500cc, one should expect more than 110 out of a 500cc.

My concerns is that there are some stretch of highway here in Calgary were i am not sure a bike doing 100kmh would be safe. (even tho the posted limit is 100kms...)

Most folk drive 130-140

Beside this ONE thing i totally love the bike and i sure hope my financing will be approved!

Chris-G5

• Bulleteer
Reply #51 on: June 07, 2010, 04:01:08 am
It's been a while since the last post.

As there been any changes?

The reason i am asking is because i am contemplating buying a C5 2010 military version.

I DO know that they arent made for speed. However considering it is a 500cc, one should expect more than 110 out of a 500cc.

My concerns is that there are some stretch of highway here in Calgary were i am not sure a bike doing 100kmh would be safe. (even tho the posted limit is 100kms...)

Most folk drive 130-140

Beside this ONE thing i totally love the bike and i sure hope my financing will be approved!

I regularly cruise at 70mph (113kph) and that is about all I would recommend. I have on occasion cruised in the 75-80mph (120-129kph) but wind and hills will limit those speeds. The fastest I've had it is close to 90mph (145kph) going down a hill.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 04:08:46 am by Chris-G5 »