Author Topic: Honest answers only Please. Top Speed done on the UCE  (Read 19948 times)

Anon

• Grand Gearhead
  • Good golly Miss Molly
Reply #15 on: January 28, 2010, 07:05:45 am
Nope you wont see the ton on this bike.
The rev limiter is set at 5500.
So no matter how steep that slope or how much tail wind you catch.
The max speed on paper is 150 Kmph.

The company claims 130 Kmph.
Id really like to see the bike ride able at least at 60 MPH.

I think its time to put some pressure on RE to sort this out.
I know it can be done. Because Ive seen the test bikes do 140.
Off course this was on a Track but they can be made stable.
If RE wants.

In its present shape well its only safe to a real speed off 50-55 MPH as Singh Ji has pointed out.
Im sorry guys. Im not on any nostalgia trip. For me the bike needs to be functional first and foremost.

Ive seen more fuss made about stuff like paint in tank, and side stand switches. When this is the real issue that needs sorting.

Something must be setup incorrectly on your bike.  My brother's UCE Bullet is solid at 70 mph (approx. 113 kph).  It seems to me that RE has it sorted out, but possibly your dealer does not.  It is utter nonsense to suggest these bikes are only safe at 50-55 mph.  If this is the case with your bike, then it has a setup issue that certainly needs to be addressed, but that can happen with any bike.  I'm not trying to argue with you, but such sweeping statements as yours are not backed up by every UCE Bullet owner I have talked to (or the one my brother owns, which I rode).

Eamon
Eamon

chinoy

• Bulleteer
Reply #16 on: January 28, 2010, 08:38:46 am
Fair enough
I am not arguing with you either. Or with anybody.
Just asking.
Im sorry if not all my posts are happy ones.
Nobody likes an un-happy post. But if there is an issue it can be discussed right.

And all the answers Ive got so far tell me the same thing.
Your case would be the first exception.  Other people who say its ok.
Have made some change be it changing the front tyre / size etc. Which is all useful info. Or it could just be that they have really good roads in your city.

If you think there is a better way of addressing this issue.
Please guide me.

I love my bike and want to have as much fun as I can on it.
SAFELY.

holodeck

• Bulleteer
Reply #17 on: January 28, 2010, 06:59:52 pm
Your brothers bike is a g5, not a c5, is it not?

Anon

• Grand Gearhead
  • Good golly Miss Molly
Reply #18 on: January 28, 2010, 07:46:41 pm
Your brothers bike is a g5, not a c5, is it not?

Yup, my brother's bike is indeed a G5.  The original post was referring to UCE bikes, both G5 and C5, was it not (or did I miss something)?

I have no idea how it feels at top speed (or what it's top speed even is), but the bike feels just fine at 70.  He bought it from VInce, so that may have something to do with it.   :)  Vince and his guys are meticulous about setup on new bikes.

Eamon
Eamon

holodeck

• Bulleteer
Reply #19 on: January 28, 2010, 09:22:16 pm
The reason I ask is because Chinoy owns a c5 and that is the bike he is having trouble with. I am interested in buying a c5 but there are several things about it that I don't like and my doubts about the puchase  are growing every day.

Corbin

• Dare To Be You!
  • Scooter
Reply #20 on: January 28, 2010, 10:09:39 pm
Hello,

I have owned my Bullet Classic EFI since last April and have reached 85 mph with ease.  The road was flat and smooth (A Road with a speed limit of 70 mph) and I have never experienced what you are talking about.  My bike feels steady as can be even with the terrible crosswinds Ireland suffers from time to time.

May I ask how many miles you have put on your bike?  I found that with mine it took at least fifteen hundred miles before she was truely broken in and able to go past 60 mph.  Anything before this just felt uncomfortable and vibrated too much.  Maybe it just needs more time to be broken in?!?

Anyways, hope it gets resolved sooner rather than later.
Ride: 2009 Black Royal Enfield Bullet Classic EFI
Name: Betty-Ann

72westie

• Grease Monkey
Reply #21 on: January 28, 2010, 10:17:28 pm
I just went and checked the dyno run we didi on a bone stock UCE and the top speed shown in 5th gear was 77 MPH. I am pretty positive I ran it WFO until the rev-limiter kicked in.
2001 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Race Bike:
2008 Ahrma Classic 60's #1 Plate
2009 AMA Vintage 50's #1 Plate
2010 AMA Vintage 50's #1 Plate
http://www.bgmotorcycle.com

chinoy

• Bulleteer
Reply #22 on: January 29, 2010, 06:20:45 am
I fail to see what run in has got to do with the way the bike handles.
Its true Ive only done around 1000 Kms on my bike. Which is like 600 miles.
Run in is more to do with the engine and the gear box. But Ive not seen anything improve as the bike has run in.

77 MPH is 124 Kmph. Even the company only claims 130 Kmph.
You have to wonder when you hear guys claiming faster speeds. Guess some roads slope down more than others.

Have you changed the rear tyre on your bike ?

We are talking real speed not whats shown on the meter.

Id really like to see the Dyno numbers for your C5 if you can share them.
my email id is ronchinoy at hotmail.com

I will be putting my bike on the Dyno also but after the run in.
Because I dont want it to be said that the bike was not run in hence you didnt get the right numbers. In fact pretty much everybody who is buying a C5 in the club will be putting their bikes on the Dyno.

EAMON
Vince is like an Expert on these bikes. You can bet he would have sorted out any issues in the first week of owning it.
Can you tell us what rubber you have on the bike. Because there seems to be a pattern emerging i.e. stock rubber = trouble. Chaged rubber = no problem.
i.e. Singh Ji is on stock rubber as am I.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 06:50:48 am by chinoy »

72westie

• Grease Monkey
Reply #23 on: January 29, 2010, 03:10:13 pm
Here is the thread I had made about it. It was a customer's G5 that we ran. Rev limiter on it was at 5K, not 5500.

http://www.enfieldmotorcycles.com/forum/index.php/topic,5462.0.html

I can also put the graph showing the all gear run I did, which shows the 77MPH top speed. The graphs in that thread are just 4th gear power runs.
2001 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Race Bike:
2008 Ahrma Classic 60's #1 Plate
2009 AMA Vintage 50's #1 Plate
2010 AMA Vintage 50's #1 Plate
http://www.bgmotorcycle.com

t120rbullet

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #24 on: January 29, 2010, 03:36:30 pm

77 MPH is 124 Kmph. Even the company only claims 130 Kmph.
You have to wonder when you hear guys claiming faster speeds. Guess some roads slope down more than others.

Or some speedometers are a bit more optimistic than others.
I should have stated the speed I had my G5 up to in EMPH (Enfield miles per hour) instead of MPH. LOL
CJ
1972 FLH "Sambo"
1999 Enfield 500 Black Deluxe "Silver"
2023 Guzzi V7 Special "BOB"

Anon

• Grand Gearhead
  • Good golly Miss Molly
Reply #25 on: January 29, 2010, 04:38:01 pm
EAMON
Vince is like an Expert on these bikes. You can bet he would have sorted out any issues in the first week of owning it.
Can you tell us what rubber you have on the bike. Because there seems to be a pattern emerging i.e. stock rubber = trouble. Chaged rubber = no problem.
i.e. Singh Ji is on stock rubber as am I.

Hi Chinoy,
Yeah, Vince is the man!  My brother's G5 has the 19" Avon Speedmaster (front), Safety Mileage (rear) tires that came stock on it.  I think C5's come stock here in the USA with Avon AM26 Roadriders.  What does your bike have?  I put Roadriders on my 2006 iron barrel Bullet and they seem to handle very well, but I of  course have the older style bike, so it's not a good comparison.

Eamon
Eamon

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
  • Royal Enfield , Let the good times roll.
Reply #26 on: January 29, 2010, 05:38:37 pm
This may help. On my AVL Classic, I had a high speed wobble problem at approx 60 mph or 90 kph. My rear wheel was not lined up with the front wheel or frame.
An alignment with a string from front to rear solved this problem.
2008 ( AVL) Classic Bullet in British Racing Green
REA member # 84  (inactive)

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #27 on: January 29, 2010, 09:09:57 pm
 "Other people who say its ok.
Have made some change be it changing the front tyre / size etc. Which is all useful info. Or it could just be that they have really good roads in your city."

My C5 is bone stock except for the upswept exhaust, it's rock solid and steady at 60-65mph, it's solid and steady at 70mph,  I've ridden it at 80mph, it's just light for that speed, if your bike is unstable at 60 you need to get it back to the dealer.
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

csbdr

• Bulleteer
Reply #28 on: January 31, 2010, 03:51:43 pm
Well, sorry you're having such issues.  For the sceptics out there, I verified my speedo with GPS.  It was dead on at 70 mph, and 3 mph optomistic at 95.   Not bad for an Enfield speedo.  Factory "top speed" , dyno, and real riding are totally different situatiuons.  I had the bike out in the twisties in the Fall at 70 mph and it was wonderfully stable.  Not a worry at all, so I also would disagree with the idea that these bikes aren't safe/stable past 50-55 mph.  That's just nonsense.

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #29 on: January 31, 2010, 04:41:25 pm
Yep, It's nonsense.
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association