Author Topic: Survey - How many seconds from 0 - 50 mph ? Iron vs AVL vs EFI !  (Read 8746 times)

PhilJ

• Grand Gearhead
Sing, you've got me going. Just like a kid again, now I'm into dragging my Enfield.
I went up one on my main jet cause after yesterday it looked a little whitish. But the results are better. I wouldn't have thought it because it sure felt better running lean, however, here is the new readings:
0 -50 mph 7.8 sec
0 -60 mph 12.5

Or maybe I'm just getting into the swing of dragging.  8)

singhg5

• Grand Gearhead
Sing, you've got me going. Just like a kid again, now I'm into dragging my Enfield.

I went up one on my main jet cause after yesterday it looked a little whitish. But the results are better. I wouldn't have thought it because it sure felt better running lean, however, here is the new readings:
0 -50 mph 7.8 sec
0 -60 mph 12.5

That is impressive.  I will check my G5 jetting !!    :( Yikes - its EFI.
Think I need a new ECU - Electron Creating Unit  ???

1970's Jawa /  Yezdi
2006 Honda Nighthawk
2009 Royal Enfield Black G5

clubman

• Grease Monkey
My speedometer reads the same as my brother's HD Electra Glide which has an electronic speedometer. I guess it could be off too. :D

I too find that when I'm following a row of cars in a 40 limit my speedo reads 40, ditto 50 in a 50 limit. Which only proves my speedo is no more inaccurate than anyone else's but my instinct is it's fairly accurate.

As for acceleration I have no figures but it is clear from owners club rideouts that the EFI picks up a fair bit faster.

2bikebill

• Grand Gearhead
  • ~ it's about the ride ~
I'm pretty sure my speedo is accurate too, for the same reasons as Clubman above, and from tailing a friend's new VW Golf at sixty for a couple of miles.
Don't know the acceleration times, got no way to tell, but plenty of very satisfying torque.
The sensation of speed is subjective, and opening the bike up after being stuck in an unpassable queue for a spell is a glorious thing. The bike suits this old bloke just fine. Japanese missiles scream past me, but they're not having what I'm having.....
2009 Royal Enfield Electra (G5)

singhg5

• Grand Gearhead
Don't know the acceleration times, got no way to tell, but plenty of very satisfying torque.

Will:

It is easy - Tie your wrist watch (that displays seconds) on the handle bar !  Then go for the throttle from stand still to 50 mph !  And look at the seconds from the corner of your eye !

I know that you just enjoy the thump and the ride as is.  BUT knowing a number (seconds to mph) will NOT change anything.  You will still love it -  as I do  ;D
1970's Jawa /  Yezdi
2006 Honda Nighthawk
2009 Royal Enfield Black G5

2bikebill

• Grand Gearhead
  • ~ it's about the ride ~
Well, yes, I know HOW   ::)  -  I just don't own a wristwatch!  Never quite saw the point of em. There are clocks everywhere if I want to know the time, but I hardly ever do.
If I had one I'd very likely do the acceleration timing thing just out of curiousity, and I will if can borrow one. I can tell you the bike is pretty nippy off the start line when I've jumped the queue at traffic lights and then have to justify my actions.......
But I am aware it is a thumper not a sports bike, especially later on the open road when they all go cruising past me again  :-\
2009 Royal Enfield Electra (G5)

billy2sheds

• Scooter
 I can tell you the bike is pretty nippy off the start line when I've jumped the queue at traffic lights and then have to justify my actions.......
But I am aware it is a thumper not a sports bike, especially later on the open road when they all go cruising past me again  :-\
[/quote]that is the word i used to describe my bike very nippy off the mark. ;D