Author Topic: At peace with my 06 Electra  (Read 13833 times)

RagMan

• Bulleteer, Uralist &
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #15 on: November 27, 2007, 02:52:29 pm
Life is pretty good, when you just sit and look at your ride..
aka Indiana Bulleteer.
''99 Classic Bullet. '05 Ural Tourist sidecar rig, converted to 2wd. '05 Harley Davidson Sportster.
Jefferson County, WA

TRider

• Bulleteer
Reply #16 on: November 27, 2007, 05:52:49 pm
Life is pretty good, when you just sit and look at your ride..

You know man, you are right.  There is nothing quite like just sitting around and looking.  The older I get the more I appreciate this fine practice.  I love just sitting under the patio cover in my back yard, looking at my bike, every once in a while taking a swipe at it with a clean cloth.  Looking at the ripples in the water as it flows by, a fish rising to the top to catch a bug, a big old Gator followed by a 2 footer, my Pug dog just sitting there watching my every move.  Watching my 58 yr old beautiful wife of 39 yrs stroll by and winking at me, a suggestion for later pleasures.  Yes, life is very good indeed when one just sits and looks.

RagMan

• Bulleteer, Uralist &
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #17 on: November 27, 2007, 09:08:27 pm
Yep. I am trying to convince my beautiful 23 year old spouse, of 5 years, to let me bring the Bullet inside over the winter, so I can work on it, when the mood gets me. Of course, I would remove the fuel tank. But I could remove the front end, build me a 21 inch rim, in comfort, change the sprocket for a smaller - when winter let up, I would have the trail bike I want. Maybe I should just take the tank off and bring it in.. then she would have to tell me to take it out, and she ain't likely to do that. :)
aka Indiana Bulleteer.
''99 Classic Bullet. '05 Ural Tourist sidecar rig, converted to 2wd. '05 Harley Davidson Sportster.
Jefferson County, WA

scoTTy

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #18 on: November 28, 2007, 12:44:03 am
ha,  YES... count me in..  ;D  I too, like to just sit and stare at the RE.. and no telling how many time I've used that touch up wax they sell here.. ::)  then it might start raining and I will turn around a lsten to the thunder and wish I had a tape recorder so, I could listen to it later..  there will be more rains though.. other sounds.. so I turn back, look at the X and wonder  can I really start this thing with the kick starter   :-\ :P

indian48

• Bulleteer
Reply #19 on: November 28, 2007, 01:18:09 am
Scotty,,for sure you can start it that way,,,its just mind over matter,,,your mind over the bikes matter, although most people here may argue that is can be the other way around for them and their bikes often enough!!
If anything is worth doing, it is worth doing well

indian48

• Bulleteer
Reply #20 on: November 28, 2007, 01:35:33 am
And hey guys, I am in entire agreement the pleasures of the kind of looking that is being discussed here. Both at the bike, and at the world around us. And the bike attraction is why my wife would never allow me to get the bike in the bedroom, even if I could!
A long time I ago, I read a poem in school that had lines that went - to have the time, to just stand and stare, does anyone here recall it - I thought it was a stupid poem, but then I was just 14 then. 34 years on, it makes a lot more sense.

RagMan

• Bulleteer, Uralist &
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #21 on: November 28, 2007, 02:03:14 am
She said yes. So, when the space is clear, the bike comes in for the refit. I moved my desk, the dog house, and the junk pile, so nearly there. I will post a picture when the Bullet is in the living room.
aka Indiana Bulleteer.
Jefferson County, WA

scoTTy

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #22 on: November 28, 2007, 04:52:34 am
he bike comes in for the refit. I moved my desk, the dog house, and the junk pile, so nearly there

no wonder shes so happy.. she finally gets 2 C the floor agaIn ;D

RagMan

• Bulleteer, Uralist &
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #23 on: November 28, 2007, 10:26:28 am
That is probably true, but the floor ain't much to look at. Bare concrete. We live in a construction zone.
aka Indiana Bulleteer.
Jefferson County, WA

DaveG

• Scooter
Reply #24 on: November 28, 2007, 01:44:34 pm
"LEISURE"

What is this life if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.

No time to stand beneath the boughs
And stare as long as sheep or cows.

No time to see, when woods we pass,
Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass.

No time to see, in broad daylight,
Streams full of stars, like skies at night.

No time to turn at Beauty's glance,
And watch her feet, how they can dance.

No time to wait till her mouth can
Enrich that smile her eyes began.

A poor life this if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.

By Wm. Henry Davies.

Is this the one?

73 de Dave G7NCB from the Isle of Axholme UK (MacPro and OSX.4.11) and 05 Electra X

indian48

• Bulleteer
Reply #25 on: November 28, 2007, 02:33:09 pm
Dave,
Just the one,,,I thank you for taking the trouble to post it. It hits the spot now, doesn't it? And reading it I can also understand why I could not see the point many years ago.
Thx again.

hutch

• Grease Monkey
  • Til death do us part
Reply #26 on: November 28, 2007, 03:50:57 pm
She said yes. So, when the space is clear, the bike comes in for the refit. I moved my desk, the dog house, and the junk pile, so nearly there. I will post a picture when the Bullet is in the living room.

Future look of your living room RagMan. Please note oil stains. That is why the congoleum where the bikes are worked on and the rest of the room is carpeted. Welding in the house is real fun.     Hutch
« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 03:54:08 pm by hutch »
You learn from your mistakes, and I have LEARNED a lot.

RagMan

• Bulleteer, Uralist &
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #27 on: November 28, 2007, 06:32:04 pm
I can't weld so they are spared that.. But the bike is coming in...  This weekend.
aka Indiana Bulleteer.
Jefferson County, WA

LJRead

Reply #28 on: November 28, 2007, 06:35:51 pm
Thanks for the verse - wonderful - and the more you stand (or sit) and stare, the more you see and appreciate.

Some tolerant wives with those bikes in the house, I would say.  Better remind yourselves to buy them some flowers or chocolates, the wives, notthe bikes!

RagMan

• Bulleteer, Uralist &
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #29 on: November 28, 2007, 06:41:59 pm
I am very lucky with my Lady - she is tolerant of everything I do, so I do nothing at all without her say so. She has never said no yet. 
aka Indiana Bulleteer.
Jefferson County, WA