Author Topic: At peace with my 06 Electra  (Read 13827 times)

hutch

• Grease Monkey
  • Til death do us part
Reply #30 on: November 28, 2007, 06:55:46 pm

Some tolerant wives with those bikes in the house, I would say.  Better remind yourselves to buy them some flowers or chocolates, the wives, notthe bikes!

My wife helped with most everything she could on my bikes. I miss those extra hands now that she passed away.    Hutch
You learn from your mistakes, and I have LEARNED a lot.

RagMan

• Bulleteer, Uralist &
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #31 on: November 28, 2007, 07:11:56 pm
I cannot imagine life without my Lady.. I am sorry you have to live without yours.
aka Indiana Bulleteer.
''99 Classic Bullet. '05 Ural Tourist sidecar rig, converted to 2wd. '05 Harley Davidson Sportster.
Jefferson County, WA

LJRead

Reply #32 on: November 28, 2007, 11:47:45 pm

Yes Hutch, I should have remembered that you are now living alone and been more sensitive.  Good though that you have fond memories.

My better half is just that and I well know it, so tolerant that it puts the responsibility on me not to overstep things.  Warm enough here that the bike can go in the shop, but we have lived in an unfinished house for fourteen years, moving in without lining or siding - step by step as they say.  Have you ever found that if you just devote a short time to something each day, it eventually gets done in a shorter time than expected?

What was the question of this topic?  Kind of drifted, didn't we? Oh well . . .

scoTTy

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #33 on: November 29, 2007, 12:10:54 am
Hutch.....  MAN ;D

I LiKE  that bike, trying to make out the engine ..cOOl fenDer and art work  ;D

hutch

• Grease Monkey
  • Til death do us part
Reply #34 on: November 29, 2007, 02:28:22 pm
Hutch.....  MAN ;D

I LiKE  that bike, trying to make out the engine ..cOOl fenDer and art work  ;D

Better picture Scotty. 1969 Triumph650 with 750 bigebore kit. Complete Harley rear wheel and brake assembly. Harley wide Glide front end, 10" over, 44 degree rake.
The back fender is a Harley dresser front fender that was shortend like they did in the 70's. Hand made stainless steel coffin tool box. Hand made suicide shift made out of Triumph Trident brake lever and old hunting knife with pearl handles. Shifter can just be seen on left side of tank with the linkage going under tank and coming out on the right side. 2 custom Harley shift linkage rods were put together to reach down to the custom shift lever. I just added a Joe Hunt Magneto sticking out of the point cover. A good friend does my paint.I will be putting this bike on e-bay this spring. It has about 4000 miles on it. Thanks for the positive comments. It makes building them worth the effort.      Hutch
You learn from your mistakes, and I have LEARNED a lot.