Author Topic: Hi-Compression Piston  (Read 14988 times)

hutch

• Grease Monkey
  • Til death do us part
Reply #30 on: November 28, 2007, 03:34:57 pm
There is one thing I always think about every time I hear how WE are suppose to cut back in our lives to save on the greenhouse gasses. I wonder what amount of pullution is put out from every space shuttle launch? Not to mention the hole they punch right through the ozone twice. I wonder what EPA standards are used on military vehichles, compared to a motorcyle motor. It all just seems a little lop sided to me. Quit messing with my bikes.  That is what you get from the "don't do as I do, just do what I say" government  philosophy.          Hutch
You learn from your mistakes, and I have LEARNED a lot.

t120rbullet

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #31 on: November 28, 2007, 04:55:58 pm
There is one thing I always think about every time I hear how WE are suppose to cut back in our lives to save on the greenhouse gasses. I wonder what amount of pullution is put out from every space shuttle launch? Not to mention the hole they punch right through the ozone twice. I wonder what EPA standards are used on military vehichles, compared to a motorcyle motor. It all just seems a little lop sided to me. Quit messing with my bikes.  That is what you get from the "don't do as I do, just do what I say" government  philosophy.          Hutch

Just be glad we live in a state that doesn't inspect them every year for that kinda stuff.
(at least yet, she might find a way to turn that into some kind of revenue)
CJ

1972 FLH "Sambo"
1999 Enfield 500 Black Deluxe "Silver"
2023 Guzzi V7 Special "BOB"

hutch

• Grease Monkey
  • Til death do us part
Reply #32 on: November 28, 2007, 06:21:56 pm

Just be glad we live in a state that doesn't inspect them every year for that kinda stuff.
(at least yet, she might find a way to turn that into some kind of revenue)
CJ

You got that right CJ, I used to cringe every time I saw an inspection set up for cars. My new "hot rods "just seem to make an abrupt u-turn whenever one was set up.    Hutch
You learn from your mistakes, and I have LEARNED a lot.

LJRead

Reply #33 on: November 28, 2007, 06:23:18 pm
About global warming and greenhouse gases, we do need to clean up our act, but I fail to see that heavy restrictions on an already underpowered motorcycle, with only around 20 hp, is going to do anything.  Problem is, they crack down on us small guys then convince themselves they have done their job.  Car manufacturers for years kept us buying big, heavy, overpowered gas guzzlers - only now starting to clean up their act when there may be a profit motive.  A completely unmodified old R E is bound to pollute only a fraction of what one of these big autos does, and often both are only carrying one person.  I'd like to see some actual stats of measurements from exhaust pipes, comparing the different types, to see what the picture really is.

RagMan

• Bulleteer, Uralist &
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #34 on: November 28, 2007, 11:10:40 pm
Eventually, everyone will know the truth about global warming, and greenhouse gasses, then maybe we will stop being ripped off by liars, cheats and politicians.
aka Indiana Bulleteer.
''99 Classic Bullet. '05 Ural Tourist sidecar rig, converted to 2wd. '05 Harley Davidson Sportster.
Jefferson County, WA

dewjantim

• Grease Monkey
Reply #35 on: November 29, 2007, 04:15:28 pm
yeah Dew - it is like sailboat racing, some take out their killer instincts on the race course, some prefer to slowly drift around the pond.  And, like bikes, the racers burn up a lot of gear and money to replace it.  I understand Albert Einstein's friends bought him a boat in appreciation and he would drift out and go to sleep on it - now there was the smart one.
Hey LJ, the seat on my RE is much to hard to take a nap on........Dew.
If it hurts, you're not dead yet!!!!!

LJRead

Reply #36 on: November 29, 2007, 05:50:42 pm

That is a problem, Dew - maybe buy a new seat?

dewjantim

• Grease Monkey
Reply #37 on: November 30, 2007, 05:29:06 pm
Nah, I like my seat. Had it custom made. Guess I will just sleep in the grass.....Dew.
If it hurts, you're not dead yet!!!!!

Cafe Racer

• Scooter
Reply #38 on: December 03, 2007, 11:32:16 pm
 I would like to clear up a reply I made to another tread more or less on the subject of modifications. I had stated on an early tread that in reading and finding out about the bullet engines that to help with the heat of a air cooled engine. A external oil cooler and coating the piston skirt and dome of the piston would greatly reduce cylinder and head temperatures. Which they will. My reason for saying this is to prolong the engine life and thus riding more miles than rebuilding the engine. I firmly believe that a bullet engine can be modified and performance improved if you use common sense about it.

I hope this clears up my earlier post.

Royal Enfield Newbie

No matter where you go! There you are.