Author Topic: Oil pressure gauge?  (Read 13540 times)

baird4444

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2003 ES 500... 38,416 miles, I'm done
Reply #15 on: December 01, 2007, 09:43:01 pm
The first pic is of Horst Koch's  Rennfield in Germany. His specs are as follows

Hi Mike,
the tappet cover was made by a friend of mine. But I can give you the
infos, even if I did´nt made it :-).
thickness: 8mm
hole dia: 8,5mm
gasket: cork and nothing glued to nothing
gasket2: an o-ring at the inner axle

Have fun
Horst and his Rennfield
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
this is a pic of mine. I used 1/4" lexan cut the same height and width as the cover. Centered the hole. To round the edges I just worked down on a bench grinder; coarse then fine. Then polished with a polishing paste...  easier than you'd think. I cut my gasket From 1/16" rubber gasket material; Cork would do better, rubber was flimsy,,,. Found a thick O-ring to seal nut. Wound up cracking so I changed back... should try again as I have about 6 blanks to work with. I'm thinking this would be a good setup for you being in the tropics and all. Here in Illinois I ride when it is in the 30's and 40's so long as it is dry.
   It really does look cool at a stop sign with the rods going up and down and spinning...  oil splashing off the glass...
- Mike

[old attachment deleted by admin]
'My dear you are ugly,
 but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly'
 - Winston Churchill

cyrusb

• Kept man
  • Grand Gearhead
  • There's a last time for everything
Reply #16 on: December 03, 2007, 08:28:53 pm
That cover is perfect! Lexan here I come.
2005E Fixed and or Replaced: ignition, fenders,chainguard,wires,carb,headlight,seat,tailight,sprockets,chain,shock springs,fork springs, exhaust system, horn,shifter,clutch arm, trafficators,crankcase vent.