Author Topic: This is no joy in Mudville..........  (Read 4740 times)

Sam Simons

• Grease Monkey
on: January 15, 2010, 08:03:22 pm
 At least not in my area.....the public in general is either pissed off,still stupid or
living in their own little world. The Allstate Ins. Ads indicate that 'we've learned
a lot in the past year"-Bullshit if  'we' have......John Q. Public in general shows
little if any real remorse or realization of their actions relative to the present
conditions of our country;the dumfuks still don't,or won't admit that their actions
led to much of what we face.
 Specifically,the category I'm targeting are those who twisted the original concept of
owning a home into owning a $600K mansion thru one of the various schemes and made the mistake of thinking it was 'due' them.....and,that living within one's means was
an old silly concept .
Whatever financial and physical ruination visits them is well deserved,IMO.,because
without that punishment,there isn't any reward for those who have lived intelligently.
Unfortunately,there are those good persons whose livelihoods are dependent upon
the actions of those idiots,and will suffer similarly....I do have concern for those people....but only them.

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 08:26:33 pm
Gawd A-Mighty - I couldn't have said that any better ...... AMEN!
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: January 16, 2010, 01:44:07 am
someone is pissed off in mudsville...just the tip of the iceberg, wait till you get the bill for the total rebuild of Haiti....
Oh Magoo you done it again

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
  • Royal Enfield , Let the good times roll.
Reply #3 on: January 16, 2010, 01:58:49 am
Sam,I didn't know that you enjoyed delving into politics....Good for you.
2008 ( AVL) Classic Bullet in British Racing Green
REA member # 84  (inactive)

Anon

• Grand Gearhead
  • Good golly Miss Molly
Reply #4 on: January 16, 2010, 03:11:54 am
Specifically,the category I'm targeting are those who twisted the original concept of
owning a home into owning a $600K mansion thru one of the various schemes and made the mistake of thinking it was 'due' them.....and,that living within one's means was
an old silly concept.

I look back further and see the people who took the original concept of owning a home and turned it into a buying and selling pyramid scheme.  Homes were constantly bought and sold with just the idea of "flipping" them for more money.   I wish $600K bought a mansion here in Seattle, but nowadays (even with the downturn) it merely buys you a house that was about $150K 15 years ago.  Hell, because of this, "living within one's means" does not allow home ownership at all (what with 500 sq. ft. condos still being over $200K).

Eamon
Eamon

The Garbone

• Shade Tree
  • Grand Gearhead
  • User Complaints: 22
Reply #5 on: January 16, 2010, 04:31:06 am
I shall reframe from commenting on this subject until after the 29th of this month...

God Bless..... ;D
Gary
57' RE Crusader 250
67' Ford Mustang
74' Catalina 27 "Knot a Clew"
95 RE Ace Clubman 535
01 HD 1200 Custom
07 RE 5spd HaCK

* all actions described in this post are fictional *

Sam Simons

• Grease Monkey
Reply #6 on: January 19, 2010, 11:35:58 am
"....delving in politics...."

I see this situation as being based purely upon an individual's greed factor and
(poor) judgment.....with a heavy dose of 'entitlement' added in. IMO,it's a  rare
circumstance where the usual old  elements of either politics or possibly even
religion aren't(or can't be conveniently) involved.......This (to me) is purely
human fukup; and while 'to error is human' as the old saying goes, this is markedly different because these individuals thought they'd found some sort of holy grail scheme to
quick,easy wealth,and,looked upon anyone else not doing the same as an
idiot or similar.....They'd found 'the way' to "having it all". There's a zillion variations
to how this was accomplished (in the short term),but the net result was the same
for them.
Bottom line-They played,they got caught,and now they're shitty, showing no signs
of accepting the fact that they're centrally to blame for what's upon them at this time.
That's the basis for my personal wrath-the lack of remorse-it confirms that they still
feel that living 2 levels above where they should have been(by disregarding those silly old concepts of having savings and owing as little as possible on commodities that depreciate,etc.,etc.) was/is the correct strategy,and now are 'entitled' once again
for help to get back to where they were....
What one generation forgets,the next one has to learn-the TV ads now herald in various 'new' concepts such as 'lay-away' purchasing, preparing meals at home,etc.,etc.,.These are touted about as being clever,responsible 'new' ways to
'get back on track'......the dumfuks still don't 'get it'......and likely never will.

PhilJ

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: January 19, 2010, 03:52:21 pm
I look back further and see the people who took the original concept of owning a home and turned it into a buying and selling pyramid scheme.  Homes were constantly bought and sold with just the idea of "flipping" them for more money.   I wish $600K bought a mansion here in Seattle, but nowadays (even with the downturn) it merely buys you a house that was about $150K 15 years ago.  Hell, because of this, "living within one's means" does not allow home ownership at all (what with 500 sq. ft. condos still being over $200K).

Eamon
That would seem to make Seattle a good place to visit.
I have visited Seattle and really enjoyed it, thought of moving there in years past. Now I'm glad I didn't. But still a good place to visit!

grumpyed

• Scooter
Reply #8 on: January 19, 2010, 10:43:22 pm
So,Sam, tell us how you really feel  ;) At least spring is just around the corner. ;D

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #9 on: January 19, 2010, 11:55:47 pm
I shall reframe from commenting on this subject until after the 29th of this month...

God Bless..... ;D
Why? What happens then?

The Garbone

• Shade Tree
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #10 on: January 20, 2010, 04:29:28 am
I might be selling one of my properties (I am one of those speculators) and saving my sorry ass from going under...  If everything works out that is....

Of course it will fall through because today I booked a Caribbean cruise for this spring in anticipation of financial emancipation.....
Gary
57' RE Crusader 250
67' Ford Mustang
95 RE Ace Clubman 535
01 HD 1200 Custom
07 RE 5spd HaCK

The Garbone

• Shade Tree
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #11 on: January 30, 2010, 12:18:54 am
Sweet... Finally done..

Sold my one big property, I am very happy that the monkey of that huge mortgage is off my back.. 

As someone who was a flipper and almost had to walk away from things last summer let me say,  this market sucks for sure....     I think we got extremely lucky to find a buyer.

If I was buying I would definitely look for a short sale and pick something up an the cheap,  otherwise it might be wiser to just rent something.. You have much less liability and  I really do think the market is going down further before it recovers...

Now I can order my sidecar....Sweet......
Gary
57' RE Crusader 250
67' Ford Mustang
95 RE Ace Clubman 535
01 HD 1200 Custom
07 RE 5spd HaCK

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #12 on: January 30, 2010, 03:24:55 am
Garbone I am glad it finally worked out.
 I have everything on hold for the moment , my company  I work for is still hanging in there but is feeling the pain.But everyone is currently keeping their jobs, with a hiring freeze in place.

birdmove

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #13 on: February 01, 2010, 01:51:32 am

My Mother passed away on Jan 23rd, 2009. She had a house in the Sea Tac area (between Seattle and Tacoma). My wife, myself, and my two kids did a bunch of work on the house and were able to sell it in the crappy market last year. We got $240,000. The highest tax assesment the house ever got was about $299,000. So the bad market did drop the value, but we didn't do too bad. I kind of got stuck taking care of everything in the estate, because my brother lives in Kansas City, and I live maybe 20 miles from my Moms house.

Jon
Jon in Keaau, Hawaii

Sam Simons

• Grease Monkey
Reply #14 on: February 04, 2010, 02:21:35 pm
Sadly,there are other victims of this situation- the little darlings......However will little 'Princess' manage the psychological pain and embarrassment of losing her new car,
that absolutely-fukin essential cell phone attached to her ear,and the latest fashion clothing? This emotional scarring will have serious affect on our country's future,because these privileged  youth have been denied so much so early in
their critical formative years will undoubtedly affect their judgment  as adults
later in life.......pity......tough shit.