Author Topic: (Un)Comfortably numb.  (Read 4689 times)

1Blackwolf1

• Grand Gearhead
  • Looking for the next rebuild project....
on: January 06, 2010, 05:52:47 pm
  Man I hate going to the dentist.  Not that he's a bad guy..best Dentist in the area.  Doesn't have size XX gorilla hands, body odor, or anything like that.  Rides a really cool tricked out Honda Valkrye Interstate.  In short pretty squared away guy.

I don't mind the fact that he's going to be boring into my teeth with the ferocity of a deranged Badger.  And that during the procedure I probably look like something that should be on one of those faces of death videos.  Because you know the way they stretch your face out of shape has to be good for a laugh to someone, somewhere.

What bothers me is that the pentacain/novacain seems to have the half life of Uranium 238.  And it seems to numb parts of your head that it shouldn't (why is my ear numb..and why can't I feel the top of my head?..my god he worked on the bottom jaw).   

Three hours later and I'm trying to drink a cup of coffee (wisely cooled to half heat) and half of it runs down my shirt.  Wifey is truly getting a kick out of my distress.  Go out to smoke a cigarette..hold lips together at corner of mouth, thinking man I must look like a total retard..go into to garage to finish smoke.  Face still feels like it's made of silly putty.  Damn, what is the actual time period that this stuff is suppose to work for?  Bet it'll still be okay to smack me up side the head tomorrow at 8 AM, wifey says she's (too) willing to try it now.

Suppose if my insurance company was cool they'd allowed me gas for anesthesia.  However they are not cool.  At least then I could have an enjoyable time after leaving the office of dental drilling and mining incorporated.  And why does that amalgum crap have to taste so bad?...another rant.  Will. 

Will Morrison
2007 500 Military
2000 Kawasaki Drifter 1500
2000 Victory V92SC
1976 Suzuki GT185 Rebuilder Special..AKA (Junkyard Dog)
Many, many other toys.
The garage is full.

Vince

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 06:15:21 pm
     You have never bee more alluring!

1Blackwolf1

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 06:23:30 pm
  Thanks..I guess.  Spy shots during actual dental procedures would probably make a heck of a good reality TV show.  How about Dentists Gone Mad...
Will Morrison
2007 500 Military
2000 Victory V92SC
Many, many other toys.
The garage is full.

UncleErnie

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 08:20:08 pm
Cheese and crackers Princess?

Run what ya brung

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #4 on: January 06, 2010, 09:59:03 pm
I get the same effect from atropine at the eye doc ...... I'm dilated to "Blind Melon Chitlin'" for like two days and can't see squat. I screwed up the LAST time I went and rode the bike .... I'll not do THAT ever again ......... sheesh!!  ::)
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!

HRAB

• I should really edit this
  • Grease Monkey
  • Been there, doin' more...God willing
Reply #5 on: January 06, 2010, 10:07:17 pm
I get the same effect from atropine at the eye doc ...... [snip]... I screwed up the LAST time I went and rode the bike ....[snip]::)

Yeah! Been there, done that. WAHOO WATA RIDE! Better than IFR in a night time hail storm.
jim
BMWMOA www.bmwmoa.com
Iron Butt Association www.ironbutt.com/about/default.cfm
(Formerly) CRA# 118N www.cra-mn.com (I got smarter in old age)
74 Honda XL350 'Scoot'
81 Honda CB650C
86 Gold Wing with California Sidecar
00 Honda ST1100 'Large Marge'

Cabo Cruz

• Papa Juan
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: January 06, 2010, 11:40:25 pm
Br. Will, here you go...

Rx

Take 2 Bullets and call me in the morning.
Long live the Bullets and those who ride them!

Keep the shiny side up, the boots on the pegs and best REgards,

Papa Juan

REA:    Member No. 119
BIKE:   2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5
NAME: Perla

1Blackwolf1

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: January 06, 2010, 11:49:45 pm
  Sounds like a plan..actually the novacain finally wore off at about 2PM.  Like I say half life of U238.  Will.
Will Morrison
2007 500 Military
2000 Victory V92SC
Many, many other toys.
The garage is full.

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #8 on: January 07, 2010, 01:44:23 am
Yeah! Been there, done that. WAHOO WATA RIDE! Better than IFR in a night time hail storm.
jim

Yeah - IFR calls it about right!! Hahahahaha!!!  ::)
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!

t120rbullet

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #9 on: January 07, 2010, 02:03:04 am
Yeah - IFR calls it about right!! Hahahahaha!!!  ::)

A few years back I had an afternoon Dr. appointment to get some rhoids laser-ed  off.
Got up in a fog that morning and took the bike to work.
Showed up at the Doctors office with my half helmet under my arm and the Dr. looks at me and says "look it's another tough guy".
Yup, quite a ride home.
CJ 
1972 FLH "Sambo"
1999 Enfield 500 Black Deluxe "Silver"
2023 Guzzi V7 Special "BOB"

scoTTy

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #10 on: January 07, 2010, 02:25:46 am
grrrrrr. just got a bill from my dentist... said your insurance paid this amount and you owe us 158$...  for one filling that ain't right.. left a gap I can spit through.. most certainly can't eat the beef jerky I got for christmas..  grrrrr..  guess I will have to buy stock in dental floss ::)

jest2dogs

• Grease Monkey
Reply #11 on: January 07, 2010, 02:47:02 am
Me Missus had her last three wisdom teeth out yesterday. Surgeon used Novacaine or some derivative. It's 29 hrs later and she still has no feeling in her lower right jaw. I came home for lunch and found her in tears because the ?&*^%$ internet said it might be permanent. I assured her that nerves get bruised and she will most likely be okay in a couple of days (and I had a PT friend call her to reassure her). She's on a soft food diet for a few days but I won't sit across the table from her while she eats soup :O)

She's a better man than me. When I had four impacted wisdom teeth out in 1980 (out cold in a hospital O.R.) I was a whiney, painful, blob for several days after. I was on Darvon but she's okay with some Ibuprofen. Tough, these Kansas farm women!

-Jesse
"Ennie" 2006 RE Bullet Classic 500 (currently undergoing a facelift)
Commuter Scooter Commuted to "Otherside"
"Geezer" 2007 Moto Guzzi Breva 750 died and reborn as yet, un-named, 2005 Moto Guzzi Breva 750,
and...the newest stablemate, also un-named, my crazy Russian 2015 Ural cT.

1Blackwolf1

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #12 on: January 07, 2010, 02:54:05 am
  That's the one bad thing about the internet you always find out the worst things first.  Was probably Pentacain..that's what this was.  Especially if there is any chance of post procedural infection.  But I agree it does damage on eating for a long while.  Will.
Will Morrison
2007 500 Military
2000 Victory V92SC
Many, many other toys.
The garage is full.

1Blackwolf1

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #13 on: January 07, 2010, 02:55:32 am
A few years back I had an afternoon Dr. appointment to get some rhoids laser-ed  off.
Got up in a fog that morning and took the bike to work.
Showed up at the Doctors office with my half helmet under my arm and the Dr. looks at me and says "look it's another tough guy".
Yup, quite a ride home.
CJ 

I'm beat, you definitely win...ouch.
Will Morrison
2007 500 Military
2000 Victory V92SC
Many, many other toys.
The garage is full.

scoTTy

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #14 on: January 07, 2010, 03:02:20 am
after having wisdom teeth pulled in my 20's.. they said you'll be back later to have the oter 2 pulled I said don't bet on it..  took 4 days before I had feeling back in my mouth..  tell your Lady everything will be all right