Author Topic: Gearbox probs  (Read 5503 times)

hocko

• Grease Monkey
Reply #15 on: January 07, 2010, 01:57:29 am
electric fence set up with constintine wire  ;D

Don't you blokes still make claymores over there  ???

Cheers

1Blackwolf1

• Grand Gearhead
  • Looking for the next rebuild project....
Reply #16 on: January 07, 2010, 02:57:40 am
   Sure do, that'd keep people from messing with your bike.  Will.
Will Morrison
2007 500 Military
2000 Kawasaki Drifter 1500
2000 Victory V92SC
1976 Suzuki GT185 Rebuilder Special..AKA (Junkyard Dog)
Many, many other toys.
The garage is full.

exiledcarper

• Bulleteer
Reply #17 on: January 07, 2010, 04:50:34 am
Many years ago, I was around 12 at the tiem,I lived in a block of Council flats (public houising) in West London.
  Each flat had it's own lockup shed outside at ground level and over a period of several days I noticed progressive damage to the sged door, due to very crude and ameteurish attempts to break in and steal my beloved bicycle and fishing tackle.
  The lock was almost broken free from the frame, so I rigged the door knob with several razor blades embedded in putty underneath the knob.
  Sure enough, in the very early hours of the following morninhg, a BLOOD CURDLING scream came from the shed area.  I heard somebody running away and on closer inspection in the daylight, there was a very gory blood trail that I was able to follow for about a half mile, until it petered out.  Nobody messed with my shed for quite some time, SWEET!

scoTTy

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #18 on: January 07, 2010, 05:29:21 am
ouch.... :o

Geirskogul

• Grand Gearhead
  • The world isn't beautiful, therefore it is.
Reply #19 on: January 07, 2010, 07:02:50 am
If I were to do that here they would throw a brick through one of our windows, or maybe shoot the car with a gun or hit it with a hammer or something.  And I live in a good neighborhood.  If I lived in an apartment with unmarked storage, though, yeah.  I'd do that.
All hail Sir Lucas, Prince of Darkness.

When an idiot thinks it's the same as not thinking at all!

scoTTy

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #20 on: January 08, 2010, 01:39:01 am
well i can empathise with Clamp after today..

Since sunday  my 4 wheel drive has been acting heavy,, I just thought because it been so cold the brakes were sticking in the back so I stopped using the emergency brake..  this morning when we had snow.. I tried to twist the front wheel locks to lock in the tires.. they wouldn't turn.. crap , I thought .. frozen.. so I got a wrench.. still wouldn't turn.. what the..  put my glasses on and  :o  some jerk Saturday in the parking lot while I was at work, thought it would be cute to lock the wheels  >:(  so I've been driving around with the wheel locked but the front differential not kicked in,, fortunately no damage to the front..  ticked me off to say the least.. Now everytime I go home , I will check to see if Mr smartguy locked my front wheels >:(
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 03:40:19 pm by scoTTy »