Author Topic: Back from the dead  (Read 1342 times)

Rick O'Shea

• Grease Monkey
on: January 02, 2010, 04:19:03 pm
Good news guys! My beloved 04 Sixty-5 is repairable. ;D. After much measuring,checking & comparisons we`ve determined the frames straight & the engine cases are sound. I`m going to have to replace nearly everything forward of the tank though but that's o.k..Funny thing about that bike; In the three short months I rode it before the wreck I had developed a real affection for that motorcycle. I`ve ridden for 40 years, owned a half dozen bikes, numerous automobiles and a 1964 Hughes 269B helicopter which I flew commercially and honestly none have been as enjoyable as the Bullet;(although the chopper`s a close second). I`m in for surgery on the hand Tuesday; and then it`s three weeks in a cast and rehab. Got the stitches out of my face and although my lips are a bit crooked; a la Elvis?;I'm healing OK. Just glad to be here. Keep ya posted.
REA member #161 was riding a 2004 Sixty-5. Now riding a 2022 Interceptor

ShenandoahThumper

• Bulleteer
Reply #1 on: January 02, 2010, 04:26:43 pm
You might want  to check on EBay for the front end. I saw the other day a fellow was parting out a good enfield. Give him a call and maybe you can get a complete setup.
Two 07 Bullets and other old Brit Bikes.

Be who you are and say what you feel,
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind.

The Garbone

• Shade Tree
  • Grand Gearhead
  • User Complaints: 22
Reply #2 on: January 02, 2010, 06:23:52 pm
I was looking at my Hitchcock catalog and they are selling an entire front clip setup.  Seems that over in the UK there is a demand for them as people are pulling the disk setups off their UCE bikes and putting on TLS brakes for the retro look... Go figure.,.   Pricey if I recall...
Gary
57' RE Crusader 250
67' Ford Mustang
74' Catalina 27 "Knot a Clew"
95 RE Ace Clubman 535
01 HD 1200 Custom
07 RE 5spd HaCK

* all actions described in this post are fictional *