Author Topic: Intresting cam profiles.  (Read 1822 times)

chinoy

• Bulleteer

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 01:43:38 pm
I called Megacycle about 2 years ago, wanting to buy a set of these cams.
I just wanted to see what they did.
The simulator software says they produce a pretty high amount of power, but at a pretty high rpm.
They are fairly long duration, because they give the duration numbers at the .040" points, so they are pretty long. I'd put them in the race cam category.

The other problem was that they didn't stock any of them, and they told me that they don't make runs of these very often. In fact they didn't seem like they really wanted to sell me any of these, and I'd have to supply my old cams to be built-up with hard-face, and reground, and they quoted me about $450 to do this.

So, I never got a set of these.
Home of the Fireball 535 !

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #2 on: January 02, 2010, 01:03:40 am
You can get a set of ACE performance cams for far less.
They are well suited for street or trail use.
No matter where you go, there, you are.

chinoy

• Bulleteer
Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010, 08:21:47 am
Ice I have run Aces Clubman spec cams thru the sim and they do produce good power from way down low.
But Ace Cams will not work on the new UCE Motors.
Which is what Im targeting with my cams.
Im sure Ace has designed his cams keeping in mind everything from the valve sizes, to the intake and exhaust runer lengths for the old bulls.

Some more interesting data / Read.
http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/camshaft.html

Ps: we pay around 250$ for a 4 valve OHC Cam. Bike cams are way cheaper. But its all a numbers game with these kinda projects. And the 6 months you need to invest in coming up with something good.

Ace what Sim do you use ?
I use Dat4t by Dr. Neels Vanik. And his Dat3t for the two strokes. Both excellent programs. Which have an uncanny ability to match the Dyno down to a 50 RPM window. Used to use Mota and Lotus but have moved on. Their Ignition Models are really not up to scratch.