Author Topic: seen my first royal enfield today  (Read 2516 times)

littlericky

• Neophyte
on: December 29, 2009, 01:36:53 am
I am a harley rider for some 20 years now and was at a new harley dealership opening up and looking to buy another one, and this fellow rode up on and bullet 55 it was amazing i instantly fell in love with it . I think my next motorcycle is going to be military RE with side car. cant wait to get to a dealer and check it out....

scoTTy

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 03:04:02 am
cOOL ;D

weLcOme to the BriGht SiDe ;)

Slider

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 04:27:08 am
Welcome aboard. I'd avoid those Harleys if I were you. They're nice looking bikes, but that extra cylinder is just more dead weight to carry around.  :D

I must retreat to my place of Zen and meditate on this.

GreenForce82

• Frank The TECH
  • Grease Monkey
  • The Dude Abides
Reply #3 on: December 29, 2009, 05:47:55 am
Military All they way!
"Counted his friends in burned-out spark plugs
and prays that he always will.

But he's the last of the blue blood greaser boys all of his mates are doing time:

Married with three kids up by the ring road
sold their souls straight down the line.

Lahti35

• Currently Enfield-less!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • The Department of Redundancy Deptartment.
Reply #4 on: January 03, 2010, 07:14:48 pm
I was at a gas station filling up my truck 4 years ago when i heard thump, thump, thump..... coming down the road. It was love at first sight when that green RE went by. I've since picked one up myself but have never managed to find that guy and his green RE.
'03 Ex-Electric start 500....gone but not forgotten...

I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!

UncleErnie

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: January 03, 2010, 07:28:24 pm
This is all just crazy talk!
Run what ya brung

birdmove

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: January 03, 2010, 09:23:44 pm
   Hello, littlericky, where do you live? I ride a 2007 Bullet Classic in British racing green.I've never had a motorcycle (in a long procession of maybe 24-25 of them) that got the attention my Enfield gets when I go for a ride. It's kind of like riding some exotic custom motorcycle, I can imagine.Strangers come up to me and start asking questions.I always give them a short history, and try to steer them too our own Vince in Olympia, a very knowledgeable  dealer.

The new models now have fuel injection and are unit construction. I have the older, original model, that is much like a Harley in that it has a seperate transmission, and uses a multi row primary drive chain, pushrods etc.Mine has points and condenser, and kick and electric start, and a five speed trans.So, if you decide to get one, you first have to think about which engine you want. I don't know if there are any more of the older models like mine left at a dealer. Has anyone seen any lately? The forum has a section called Classic Bullets, for info on these.

Welcome and good luck.

Jon in Puyallup, Wa
Jon in Keaau, Hawaii

Slider

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: January 04, 2010, 05:06:47 am
birdmove,
there are several of us here who got "the last iron-barrelled Bullet in the country."  Mine was it at one point. ;D

I must retreat to my place of Zen and meditate on this.

Bug_Catcher

• Bulleteer
  • Finally... something exciting between my legs.
Reply #8 on: January 05, 2010, 06:40:23 pm
welcome aboard LittleRicky.  If you fell in love at first sight, you'll be giving her your ring at first drive!

I remember the first time I saw an Enfield.  I was actually in Tokyo at the time.  I was waiting on some boy who wanted to take me to dinner and a movie.  Tokyo is a loud city, but as I was waiting outside I heard this THUMP THUMP THUMP that took over all other sounds.  He rolls up in full rocker leather on a beat up 350 blue bullet and I was in love at first sight.  With the bike that is, the boy would have to work a bit harder.  I was in high heels and a mini dress at the time, he said we could just take the train but I ran upstairs and geared up and demanded we skip the movies and go riding around Tokyo instead.

Had my sights originally on a BSA C15 or C11 but there was something about that bullet that made me run out and buy one for myself.