Author Topic: If you dont go for a ride on new years day then you must have a very good reason  (Read 15763 times)

scoTTy

• Grand Gearhead
it's suppose to be 29 degrees 1-1-10... I'm a whimp. :P. but at least I have 4 days off in a row.. first time in 7 years :D

daves02ES

• Bulleteer
  • Thump Thump
Clear roads, partly sunny and a high of 41 in Denver, I'm going for a ride! And, oh yea, the other things clamp mentioned (did I just agree with clamp?).
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 03:18:05 am by daves02ES »
2002 Bullet ES

scoTTy

• Grand Gearhead
shhhh.... maybe he';s sleeping tight now... ;)

jest2dogs

• Grease Monkey
On or about the first of the year a few friend's and I try to wangle a canoe trip on a local lake that abounds with back waters and everchanging tributaries of river and creek. Sometimes it's weather dependent or when we can manage to get together. It's not the day that matters but the intent.

On more than a few trips we've gotten wet. But to see the vapor rising off the open water or to break ice with the bows while the canopy of overhanging branches gleams with frost and ice... well it's mystical, and totally worth the water over the tops of the boots during a portage or cleaning the mud and fallen branches from the boats at the end of the trip. Sometimes, despite the frost and ice it has been too dark under the canopy to get a photo.

From a previous fall outing:

"Ennie" 2006 RE Bullet Classic 500 (currently undergoing a facelift)
Commuter Scooter Commuted to "Otherside"
"Geezer" 2007 Moto Guzzi Breva 750 died and reborn as yet, un-named, 2005 Moto Guzzi Breva 750,
and...the newest stablemate, also un-named, my crazy Russian 2015 Ural cT.

PhilJ

• Grand Gearhead
Oh Jest2D, nice picture. With scenery like that how could you not.

boggy

• Grand Gearhead
  • Karma Ultra: 7
2009 had its highs, and unfortunate lows for me.  On the top of the high end for sure though, was getting my Enfield.  Every minute I spent on it (while it was running) was pure bliss.

Does CMW sell a front fork ski-conversion kit?... 'Cause the snow be a-fallin' in Boston today!

Happy New Year everyone.  I hope 2010 is your year.
2007 AVL
2006 DRZ400SM

Chasfield

• Grand Gearhead
We got some too. Might sit comfy at home today.

I got a ride a couple of days ago during the only dry and ice free weather window we have had for about two weeks. The down side was a 30 knot wind off the North Sea that had done the drying, but at least I didn't get my bike plastered in road salt.
2001 500 Bullet Deluxe

clamp

• Grand Gearhead
We got some too. Might sit comfy at home today.

I got a ride a couple of days ago during the only dry and ice free weather window we have had for about two weeks. The down side was a 30 knot wind off the North Sea that had done the drying, but at least I didn't get my bike plastered in road salt.

Wind of the North sea? picture of trams!!   are you in Blackpool?
I would never be a member of a cub that would have me as a member

redcat

• Grand Gearhead
Hey Boggy, We got rain down here on the Cape yesterday, I,m thinkin I might roll the RE out of the Shed and go for it.
 This is the real redcat in the shop for a little winter rehab.
Watch out for the guy behind the guy in front of you

Chasfield

• Grand Gearhead
     Wind of the North sea? picture of trams!!   are you in Blackpool?

I'm Tyneside based. The tram is a tame one that I snapped at Beamish museum near Chester-le-Street, County Durham.
2001 500 Bullet Deluxe

clubman

• Grease Monkey
It turns out that I did get out for a ride today. The weather wasn't as foul as was predicted, in fact there was sunshine. Although very cold - I don't think it went above zero. Took things easy and did 15 miles. I'm so impressed with the ability of the EFI engine to run nicely when very cold. Not that I'm thrashing it but it picks up cleanly from the off.

Cabo Cruz

• Papa Juan
  • Grand Gearhead
Very good looking vessel... that Red Cat... she is!!!
Long live the Bullets and those who ride them!

Keep the shiny side up, the boots on the pegs and best REgards,

Papa Juan

REA:    Member No. 119
BIKE:   2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5
NAME: Perla

redcat

• Grand Gearhead
Thanx Cabo and Happy New year to you and everyone else....T
Watch out for the guy behind the guy in front of you

wildmanmoore

• Artillery Brings Dignity to What Would Otherwise Be Just A Brawl
  • Scooter
Managed to get in a good ride this afternoon.  Temp in the low 40’s.  Clear sky.  Took an East West route as the prevailing wind is out of the North round here.    Learned long ago that you ride one way until you can no longer feel your knee cap on the North side.  When that happens, you reverse direction and usually arrive back home just as the other cap goes numb ;D
Yamaha TD 2
Honda ST 1100
Honda NH 125
Honda Spree

singhg5

• Grand Gearhead
No need to say any more than the title itself. leave the wife in the kitchen washing up and the screaming kids.  

Calmly --don't run,--get on the bike and ride,-- because this is how you will treat 2010 with the same calm attitude.

I shall,-- I shall ride to the beach and have a beer in the 1812 bar,---on my own,---ALL on my own.

Then I shall sit and remember all the guys that I have  known and  cant do it any more RIP.

Clamp - I had read your post.  And really tried.  Here is how it went -

http://www.enfieldmotorcycles.com/forum/index.php/topic,6334.0.html  

RE has a mind of its own.  Hope you made it to the beach.  I am going to be indoors, having chinese food and a beer. 
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 10:54:59 pm by singhg5 »
1970's Jawa /  Yezdi
2006 Honda Nighthawk
2009 Royal Enfield Black G5