Author Topic: Finally getting my Electra back this Sat. Morning  (Read 3589 times)

TRider

• Bulleteer
on: November 15, 2007, 04:49:21 pm
I can hardly wait until Sat. morning.  I will be riding my 06 Electra home from the dealer in Ellaville, GA.  It will look almost nothing like the all green Electra thats been shown since I bought it and joined this forum.  This is for better or worse, I just don't know.  But I do know it will look very unique.  I might should have left it like it was and been happy, but I couldn't do that, its just not me.  Here are the changes and I will post a picture over the weekend:

1.  New Classic kit, consists of :   Green and chrome tank.  Larger front fender.  Larger and flared like the military, only chromed.  It has been suggested to me that this will give it a 60's look instead of the 70's look. 

2.  I have decided to leave the RE emblem off of the front fender for now.  Maybe later, but not now.
       3.  It now has a black rear luggage rack.
       4.  Tan RE saddle bags.
       5.  Knee pads on the tank     6.  RE tool bag on front fork.
       7.  Windscreen

I had a problem with oil coming out the blowby black little hose, so this is being fixed with the suggested fix from the dealer.  I had them clean out the carburator, and change all fluids.  Yeah, I know, I can change all the fluids and clean the carburator, but I got a little lazy this time.   I also asked them to install an accessory plug.

Well, lets hope I am surprised in a positive way.  I've been waiting a long time for this, and I am ready to get back on the saddle.

Later
Terry

Kevin, what should we do about the old photo?  I guess you will probably have to delete that one and let me start at the bottom again.  I hate to lose my status but what the heck, I'm old enough to get over it.  When I first posted my photo, I was one of only a very few.  Now months later, there are many photos.  Whats the possibility of starting a new score since there are so many more beautiful bikes shown now?  Just food for thought.

Brother Rhett

• Bulleteer
  • I chase shiny objects across the internet.
Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 07:23:34 pm
I can see your questions about the status of your current bike photo in Member Rides, yours is one of the top-rated photos in our gallery! I suggest leaving the picture of your old bike in place, especially since you've had so many views and 5-star ratings.

8) Your newly-outfitted bike sounds so sharp, I can't imagine you'll have much trouble getting some nice views and rating built up for the new style your bringing home on Saturday. I'll keep my eyes peeled for the new photo and maybe I can help you bring some community attention to your sharp new ride!
What wouldn't you not do if you didn't know you wouldn't fail?

Thumper

• Psalm 23
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Classic Wannabe
Reply #2 on: November 16, 2007, 11:10:10 am
tRider,

Good news - post us some pictures so we can see how it looks!

Matt

luoma

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 12:47:42 am
I want to see how it looks. That's the setup I wanted before I bought my greem one. Ended up doing what you did, with the tan seat. Now, I like the way it looks, but still curious how it would look with all the chrome.

jonapplegate

• Grand Gearhead
  • you stand tall when you stoop to help
Reply #4 on: November 19, 2007, 02:27:57 am
Oh man, you are beating me to my idea. I have a Bullet and am still waiting for my classic kit. In the meantime my black rear carrier has come in and I cannot mount it until I have my tan solo seat in place. I am definitely of like mind in the looks dept. with you. Cannot wait to see the pictures!

charte

• Bulleteer
  • Whether you think you can or can't, you're right.
Reply #5 on: November 22, 2007, 01:27:05 am
I'm also looking forward to the pics!

I'm thinking about a windscreen....really for functional reasons, and am concerned it might detract from the classic lines.

Obviously you have thought it through, so I'd like to see how you did it.

1969 Bullet
2007 Triumph Rocket III Classic
2017 Moto Guzzi VII Special