Author Topic: From Pictures to Video of RE G5  (Read 4094 times)

singhg5

• Grand Gearhead
on: December 20, 2009, 08:14:39 pm
When I got my new G5 RE in April 2009, the first thing I did was take a picture - that I had posted in photo gallery.  Then more pictures of rides and oil changes, some of which found their way in the photo gallery of this website.  Gradually a few snippets of videos were also taken.  Eventually they are put together in a short video on youtube - first ever for me.  Here is the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HV_K5O25w6A

It was a great learning experience with the help of my son and a friend.  It was fun.  I hope more people can put on videos of rides, repairs and tech tips.  Wishing you all a great New Year !!!

1970's Jawa /  Yezdi
2006 Honda Nighthawk
2009 Royal Enfield Black G5

ERC

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: December 20, 2009, 10:27:51 pm
Boy is that bike quiet. No traffic either. Nice area. Maybe I'll move.   ERC
2-57 Apaches, 2-57 Trailblazers, 60 Chief, 65 Interceptor, 2004 Bullet, 612 Bullet chopped.

Chris-G5

• Bulleteer
Reply #2 on: December 20, 2009, 10:28:49 pm
Nice, especially the video your son took while riding with you.

hocko

• Grease Monkey
Reply #3 on: December 20, 2009, 10:29:47 pm
Thanks for sharing that, good to watch. I noticed a few differences between the US and Australian bikes , only cosmetic but interesting. No knee pads on the tank and of course the MPH speedo, mine is mainly chrome, guards and most of the tank, but apart from that still the same great little bike under the skin.

Cheers   :)

Cabo Cruz

• Papa Juan
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: December 20, 2009, 10:30:55 pm
Very neat, Brs. Sing and Sing!
Long live the Bullets and those who ride them!

Keep the shiny side up, the boots on the pegs and best REgards,

Papa Juan

REA:    Member No. 119
BIKE:   2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5
NAME: Perla

Chris-G5

• Bulleteer
Reply #5 on: December 20, 2009, 10:47:25 pm
Thanks for sharing that, good to watch. I noticed a few differences between the US and Australian bikes , only cosmetic but interesting. No knee pads on the tank and of course the MPH speedo, mine is mainly chrome, guards and most of the tank, but apart from that still the same great little bike under the skin.

Cheers   :)

[/quote
You have a Deluxe with the chrome fenders, tank, and knee pads. Singh's is a Classic, comes in either all black or green and no knee pads. It looks like they don't sell the Classic in Australia from what I saw on the RE- Australia site.

hocko

• Grease Monkey
Reply #6 on: December 21, 2009, 12:01:28 am
Thanks Chris-G5,

That makes more sense, your right I don't know of the Classic model being sold here, as far as I'm aware only the deluxe and Classic are sold down under, I may be wrong,  which is not unusual.

Cheers  ;D

Land Surveyor

• Bulleteer
Reply #7 on: December 21, 2009, 10:25:37 pm
Very nice.  And New Jersey looks much nicer than New Yorkers have led us to believe.

t120rbullet

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #8 on: December 21, 2009, 11:13:05 pm
Great Job!
I see you lost the stock mirrors and replaced em with something that you could actually use.
CJ
1972 FLH "Sambo"
1999 Enfield 500 Black Deluxe "Silver"
2023 Guzzi V7 Special "BOB"

chinoy

• Bulleteer
Reply #9 on: December 22, 2009, 03:22:22 am
Very cool.
Thanks for sharing.
Tell the Share da Puther
we thank him for helping you with the video.

singhg5

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #10 on: December 23, 2009, 04:22:44 am
Boy is that bike quiet. No traffic either. Nice area. Maybe I'll move.   ERC
Yes, it was a quiet weekend and we have great winding back roads in the countryside.  The bike appears quiet because the hissing sound of wind during riding is so loud that it completely drowns the 'dug dug' of engine.  So I have to turn the sound OFF when loading the video. You are welcome to NJ anytime ERC. 

Nice, especially the video your son took while riding with you.

Thanks brother - how is your bike doing ?

Thanks for sharing that, good to watch.
Glad you liked it.

Very neat, Brs. Sing and Sing!
Hello Cabo - this bike sings and we join with its notes -  ;D

Very nice.  And New Jersey looks much nicer than New Yorkers have led us to believe.
Thanks for your comments.  New Jersey is called Garden State and there are a lot of nice places to ride and visit.

Great Job!
I see you lost the stock mirrors and replaced em with something that you could actually use.
CJ
Thanks CJ.  I have stock mirros with additional small round, convex mirros glued to them.  They have greatly increased my field of view.  I have a picture of that in photo gallery.

Very cool.
Thanks for sharing.
Tell the Share da Puther
we thank him for helping you with the video.

Sat Sree Akaal Chinoy ji.  Thanks for you nice comments.  I will tell share da puther how much you liked his videography.  These days one learns a lot from children and many times he does better job than I do !
1970's Jawa /  Yezdi
2006 Honda Nighthawk
2009 Royal Enfield Black G5