Author Topic: SAAB cars wound up  (Read 9113 times)

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #30 on: December 22, 2009, 03:51:21 pm
Back when I used to work on Volvo, we had nicknames for the 3 models that used to come into the shop.

The Blimp, the Baloney, and the Box.

The Blimp was the 544
The Baloney as the 122.
And the Box was the 144.
 :D
Home of the Fireball 535 !

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #31 on: December 22, 2009, 04:00:38 pm
Back when I used to work on Volvo, we had nicknames for the 3 models that used to come into the shop.

The Blimp, the Baloney, and the Box.

The Blimp was the 544
The Baloney as the 122.
And the Box was the 144.
 :D

Brilliant!! I haven't heard the term "Blimpie" used to describe a PV544 in YEARS!! Hahahaha!!
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!

PhilJ

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #32 on: December 22, 2009, 08:36:07 pm
My wife called her 240 Wagon ( I think also called 245 ) her tank. She hit a deer (south \Tx. deer) doing 70mph, on the right front fender. Somehow didn't break the headlight on when the head flopped around put a small dent in the quarter panel just in front of the door. Amazing car that '87 wagon.

single

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #33 on: December 22, 2009, 09:29:10 pm
Kill ALL deer.What good are they.Course,out here,mite step on a Cotton Mouth or young Rattler once in awhile.Still looking for the one that lives in my barn.Cotton Mouth,I mean.Seen him a coupla times,out of reach.Sumbitch.Gotta keep watching for it al the time in good weather.Gives me something else to think about when I hafta crawl under a car.He is getting pretty big now,judging by the skin he shed last summer,left it by the front door,inside.4 ft.long.

The Garbone

• Shade Tree
  • Grand Gearhead
  • User Complaints: 22
Reply #34 on: December 22, 2009, 09:41:15 pm
Kill ALL deer.What good are they.Course,out here,mite step on a Cotton Mouth or young Rattler once in awhile.Still looking for the one that lives in my barn.Cotton Mouth,I mean.Seen him a coupla times,out of reach.Sumbitch.Gotta keep watching for it al the time in good weather.Gives me something else to think about when I hafta crawl under a car.He is getting pretty big now,judging by the skin he shed last summer,left it by the front door,inside.4 ft.long.

Get a 410 and the cotton mouth won't be out of reach next time you see him..
Gary
57' RE Crusader 250
67' Ford Mustang
74' Catalina 27 "Knot a Clew"
95 RE Ace Clubman 535
01 HD 1200 Custom
07 RE 5spd HaCK

* all actions described in this post are fictional *

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #35 on: January 28, 2010, 02:16:30 pm
There may be hope for SAAB yet! - The Stryker Company has agreed to buy the company from GM .... Stryker understands QUALITY manufacturing and performance. If all goes well, we should have REAL SAAB cars in a year or two again .... I'm keeping my fingers crossed and putting pennies in a jar!

Sam Simons

• Grease Monkey

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #37 on: January 31, 2010, 06:15:46 pm
Man! I almost got a tear in my eye listening to the popcorn pooping and howling of the old Saab dwei-zwacker! How absolutely ROWDY those little cars are ..... Gotta love 'em!

Sam Simons

• Grease Monkey
Reply #38 on: February 02, 2010, 03:43:20 pm

The cars are raced very seriously still.....which has consumed a lot of original parts,but also spawned the manufacturing of better  replacements internals(pistons,rods,etc).
 90+ BHP w/ reliability is obtainable.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QE-OEUQjCE&feature=related

haulin' ass:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaLoPvKdOAI&feature=related