Author Topic: Proud new C500 owner.  (Read 6265 times)

chinoy

• Bulleteer
on: December 17, 2009, 01:54:19 pm
Hi guys
The name is Ron
Proud new owner of a Black C500
Location Bangalore / India.

Reason for joining this forum.
To figure out the differences between the US model and the Indian model.

Keen to know what Lamda sensor you guys get. is it one wire or four wire.
Which pin on the ECU does the Lamda hook up to.

Because our bikes dont have one.
Also keen to buy a USA ECU and compare it to the Indian one in terms of Ignition Maps and Fuel Maps.
I have a sneaky feeling the Indian Bike makes less power and has been tuned for mileage.

They also refuse to show us or sell us a service manual. So have to order one from the UK or the USA. Which I found absurd.

If somebody could share a scan of the wiring diagram from their service manual or owner book Id be obliged.
You can e-mail it to ronchinoy@hotmail.com

I used to enjoy bashing Bullets. And know all the Bullet Jokes there are. But one look at the UCE and a peek inside the engine had me convinced. This is no regular Royal Enfield product. They have gone and made a really good bike.

Cheers
Ps: Im so happy santa came early this year. And I got my new bike.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 02:05:58 pm by chinoy »

motomataya

• Grease Monkey
Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 05:20:08 pm
Hi Ron,
4 wires. Two of which go directly into the ECU, pin 7 and 17

clubman

• Grease Monkey
Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 08:20:04 pm
Hi and welcome! I never bashed Bullets but equally never had enough faith that they would provide reliable, hassle free biking to buy one. To be honest, even buying the EFI required a certain amount of optomism (shall we say) but I'm really glad I did. With only 500 miles on mine I can hardly comment on long term reliability but it feels solid and well put together and I've already done two 100+ mile journies with complete trust in the product.

Congratulations on your purchase and hope all goes well for you.

holodeck

• Bulleteer
Reply #3 on: December 17, 2009, 10:34:05 pm
Chinoy,
Do you have a picture you could post?

hocko

• Grease Monkey
Reply #4 on: December 17, 2009, 11:07:32 pm
Welcome

Due to work I've only got 1600 km (1000 miles) on mine at the moment, no problems at this time aside from the odd false neutral or three, operator error ? I suspect not. That aside a great little bike to ride and just seems to get better as it gets more mileage on it.

Anyway cheers for now.    :)

PhilJ

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: December 17, 2009, 11:56:46 pm
Welcome

Due to work I've only got 1600 km (1000 miles) on mine at the moment, no problems at this time aside from the odd false neutral or three, operator error ? I suspect not. That aside a great little bike to ride and just seems to get better as it gets more mileage on it.

Anyway cheers for now.    :)
If you've been an Asian bike rider till now, it's probably is 'operator error'. They're different beasts. Just give it a little more time.

hocko

• Grease Monkey
Reply #6 on: December 18, 2009, 01:28:16 am
If you've been an Asian bike rider till now, it's probably is 'operator error'. They're different beasts. Just give it a little more time.

Probably true, although I did own a BMW R80 until recently , the gearbox feels very similar to use, including the clunk into first. But the suzuki I had after that did spoil me.

Cause of problem ? OPERATOR ERROR !!!  ;)

Cheers

chinoy

• Bulleteer
Reply #7 on: December 18, 2009, 05:32:01 am
I guess if I wanted a modern gear box. THat was perfect I could have put down the 3.5 Lakhs they are asking for the new 250cc Kawasaki Bajaj bike.
But Im a cheap Bastard and picked up the 500 for 1.4 Lakhs.
So Im not going to complain about the gear box.

Or that a modern 500 even with Pushrods should be making at least 45 BHP.
The charm of the bullet is that it drives it self. You dont need to think about driving it.
It kinda drives it self freeing up your mind to think about other stuff.

Im well hated in the bullet circles for all my Bullet jokes. But as age catches up. Its nice to sit back and let the bike carry you. vs trying to strugle with a 150 BHP machine which will kill you for the smallest of mistakes you make.

My other ride is a fully tuned RZ350 YPVS, Ive owned bike like the GSXR11. V-Max, and even had a 12R for some time.  Those bikes demand your full attetion or they will kill you.
This bike allows you to switch off it kinda drives it self.

Pic of me the bike or both.
Im not sure if I know how to post a pic here.
But here is a link to pic.
http://picasaweb.google.com/procastinateru/RddDec12Ride#5414940280184583458
Got the Bike Friday night. Sat early morning me and a few of my club homies setting out for a long ride. We did about 150 miles. On the first day. Two up. (Me and my wife). Thats the last long ride she will come on. The passanger seat is not designed for long rides.

Can you tell me the color codes for the wire thanks for the pin numbers.
My Plugs are bone white. And Im getting AFR readings that are dead lean.

chinoy

• Bulleteer
Reply #8 on: December 18, 2009, 05:42:28 am
And oh if your wondering about the garland of flowers and the markings on the mud guard.
As soon as I got it I took it to a temple, with a Hindu friend and we got one of the Pundits to bless it.
I think the garland is a symbolism that Ive married the bike.  ;D
Im not a Hindu but my wife is. And I just love the cool things they do. Like getting a new bike blessed by the gods. Thats so cool.
I said a little prayer and the complete ceremony was over in 10 minutes.
We broke a coconut (Not on the bike) and rode both wheels over two Limes.
And voila my bike is blessed by the gods.
No matter how it reads. I have a lot of respect and admiration for the Hindu faith.

PhilJ

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #9 on: December 18, 2009, 12:08:24 pm
Nice photos, Chinoy. Looks like a nice corner for everyone to enjoy.

clubman

• Grease Monkey
Reply #10 on: December 18, 2009, 01:05:49 pm
Probably true, although I did own a BMW R80 until recently , the gearbox feels very similar to use, including the clunk into first. But the suzuki I had after that did spoil me.

Cause of problem ? OPERATOR ERROR !!!  ;)

Cheers

Other than a couple of Yamaha's I've always had European made bikes, and nothing made more recently than the 80s at that. Ducati, Guzzi, Morini and MZ. All had false neutrals and so does the Clubman but not many and if you asked me to rate the gearbox out of 5 I'd give it at least 4.5. It's very slick compared to an 80s Guzzi, believe me. I do remember one 40 mile ride (on the Enfield) without a single false neutral; that aside it's usually one or two per ride.

clubman

• Grease Monkey
Reply #11 on: December 18, 2009, 01:13:33 pm
My other ride is a fully tuned RZ350 YPVS, Ive owned bike like the GSXR11. V-Max, and even had a 12R for some time.  Those bikes demand your full attetion or they will kill you.
This bike allows you to switch off it kinda drives it self.

Your two bikes compliment each other perfectly, I would think. Back in 87-88 I had a tuned YPVS that was good for 140. It would do 55mpg on a long ride if you kept it under 60 - I did so once. More often I was pretty crazy on it though. I'm far too old for that now! Neither do I miss the 30mpg that was normal and 20 if really caned. The forgiving nature and  torque of the Enfield, not to mention the mpg, is so much more suited to me these days.

motomataya

• Grease Monkey
Reply #12 on: December 18, 2009, 06:26:18 pm
It appears  both wires are  white. However I have not checked them with an ohm meter.  The other two wires are black and grey

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #13 on: December 18, 2009, 09:06:38 pm
And oh if your wondering about the garland of flowers and the markings on the mud guard.
As soon as I got it I took it to a temple, with a Hindu friend and we got one of the Pundits to bless it.
I think the garland is a symbolism that Ive married the bike.  ;D
Im not a Hindu but my wife is. And I just love the cool things they do. Like getting a new bike blessed by the gods. Thats so cool.
I said a little prayer and the complete ceremony was over in 10 minutes.
We broke a coconut (Not on the bike) and rode both wheels over two Limes.
And voila my bike is blessed by the gods.
No matter how it reads. I have a lot of respect and admiration for the Hindu faith.

THAT is too cool ..... seriously! I'll bet that little Enfield just runs and runs forever - I feel the good Karma from the post, even! Great stuff ......
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!

Cabo Cruz

• Papa Juan
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #14 on: December 18, 2009, 09:47:45 pm
Very cool, Br. Chinoy!
Long live the Bullets and those who ride them!

Keep the shiny side up, the boots on the pegs and best REgards,

Papa Juan

REA:    Member No. 119
BIKE:   2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5
NAME: Perla